#301 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:30 PM

I was going to come up this weekend for tomorrow's game.  Plans changed but I still want to bring my two up for one before October.  I broke down and we're drinking margaritas here at the office..........  F it.  Cheers to the weekend.

#302 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:03 PM

Cream ale for summer sipping.  30% cornmeal, 2-row and 15 minute addition of Cascades to about 35 IBUs.  1272 slurry

#303 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:28 PM

Making the Big Bark Amber Lager recipe (from page 15 of this thread) on Tuesday afternoon/evening.  4.75 pounds each of Vienna and Dark Munich, 2 oz of Hallertau for 30, an ounce at FO and 2124.  

#304 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:53 AM

Based on the name I would have expected pils malt in there.

#305 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:01 AM

Making the Big Bark Amber Lager recipe (from page 15 of this thread) on Tuesday afternoon/evening.  4.75 pounds each of Vienna and Dark Munich, 2 oz of Hallertau for 30, an ounce at FO and 2124.  

Anxious to hear how this turns out.  I'd like to make something similar as I have 5# of Mecca Grade Metolius (Munich-style) that I'm dying to try.  With the Metolius at 11 SRM I'm going to add 5# of Barke Pilsner and a couple ounces of midnight wheat to adjust color to 15-16 SRM.  Hops I'm up in the air on but for some stupid reason I can see some Chinook to bitter along with a little Chinook, Celia and Crystal at flame out.  Got a huge healthy cake of 34/70-S189 to chew.

#306 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:08 AM

Anxious to hear how this turns out.  I'd like to make something similar as I have 5# of Mecca Grade Metolius (Munich-style) that I'm dying to try.  With the Metolius at 11 SRM I'm going to add 5# of Barke Pilsner and a couple ounces of midnight wheat to adjust color to 15-16 SRM.  Hops I'm up in the air on but for some stupid reason I can see some Chinook to bitter along with a little Chinook, Celia and Crystal at flame out.  Got a huge healthy cake of 34/70-S189 to chew.

My daughter is home for a few days and brought me a sixer of Big Bark from Austin! You would really like this beer. They call it a Vienna and some might suggest that it's very Festbier-like.  It does have a very rich, deep, malty base and when you couple that with Hallertau and 2124 you have a great beer.  My recipe brings it to the ABV and IBUs of the original.  I'll take a pic of it when it's done but I plan to lager it for awhile based on what the brewer suggested... 6 weeks.  I'll take a pic of one of these commercial beers too.  

#307 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:08 AM

Based on the name I would have expected pils malt in there.

I e-mailed the brewery and they provided me the recipe.  I was a bit surprised as well.

#308 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:21 AM

I keep thinking about what else to make with this 2124.  I have some pale lagers and this Big Bark knockoff but I just finished a keg of Bordertown Dark and then replaced that with a Vienna so I don't really want to make another dark lager at the moment but I also don't want 6 kegs of pale lager either.  :P  So I blew the dust off of an old recipe I had and have this set up for one of the last batches with this yeast.

Street-Fest-Lager.jpg

STREETFEST.jpg

#309 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10650 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:14 AM

Nothing this week, but looking at next week to tuck in to the new sack of Maris Otter I rec'd last week.

Also have some fresh (well, 2018 fresh, from YVH) East Kent Goldings, so some kind of British-ish ale, likely an IPA.

#310 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9090 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:35 PM

BGSA on Fri..  I need to keg the German pils in the conical first so I can use it for that one.

#311 LeftyMPfrmDE

LeftyMPfrmDE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 21 June 2019 - 08:46 AM

Just started a D-rest of something i brewed last Sunday. Did a Kellerbier; 90% pils 10% Munich Liberty for bittering and aroma,and dash of hallertau for a short whirlpool. Using 833 and doing the quick lager method.

It's the German version of British real ale; a lager fresh out of primary, cloudy, estery and quite easy to have a few.

#312 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 09:52 AM

Just started a D-rest of something i brewed last Sunday. Did a Kellerbier; 90% pils 10% Munich Liberty for bittering and aroma,and dash of hallertau for a short whirlpool. Using 833 and doing the quick lager method.

It's the German version of British real ale; a lager fresh out of primary, cloudy, estery and quite easy to have a few.

Yum.  

#313 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16523 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 12:12 PM

Yum.

This. Id be all over that.

#314 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:02 PM

Brewing on Thursday afternoon/evening.  Going to make an ultra-light summer lager that I'm calling a Caribbean Lager.  I might be riding this 2124 pretty hard this summer as long as it's up to the challenge.  I have already made three beers with it (helles, american lager, vienna lager) and I have four more recipes drawn up for it (caribbean lager, the street fest lager, a shot at Paulaner Original Munich Lager and Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen).  Phew.  I better start training.  :P

#315 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:12 AM

wanted to brew yesterday but didn't happen.  hopefully the week of the 4th I can get one more in before things get even more hot.

#316 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:49 PM

Setting sights on a Friday session 3rd tug at the 34/70 cake, a Pils with grits

#317 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:08 AM

Making some very wheaty drez pale ale today.

#318 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:21 AM

Making some very wheaty drez pale ale today.

Yes!

#319 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 01 July 2019 - 04:00 AM

Yes!

it's been a while since I've used this much wheat!  pray to the beer gods for no stuck runoffs.

#320 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:32 AM

almost have all of my wort into the kettle and the hops are all measured out.  this batch is 100% hop heaven citra and chinook.  it should smell glorious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users