#21 Edited by

Edited by

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44381 posts
  • LocationCamarillo, CA

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:10 PM

In general, brewing beer is pretty boring. I can't believe they can make a show out of it that would appeal to any significant quantity of people. Heck, I'm a beer geek and a homebrewer and I doubt I'll even watch it.

this. However, other than the original link, not much going on in regards to this show.... Maybe they woke up, and said... "BAGS!"

#22 BrianBrewerKS

BrianBrewerKS

Comptroller of Winging It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:09 PM

To me, brewing beer is a heck of a lot more interesting than hearing the word 'like' being said 15 times per minute by somebody whom I couldn't care less about talking about something that I couldn't care less about. I'll at least tune in to this once.

#23 Beejus McReejus

Beejus McReejus

Comptroller of Flying Ducks

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12564 posts
  • LocationTopeka, KS

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:00 AM

A lot of people that are green to craft beer like to say how gross bud is.

Yeah, I don't really get that. People talk about drinking light american lagers and how they make them want to puke. Really? With the exception of some malt liquor, most macro lagers aren't offensive. They just don't have much flavor.

#24 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:09 AM

Yeah, I don't really get that. People talk about drinking light american lagers and how they make them want to puke. Really? With the exception of some malt liquor, most macro lagers aren't offensive. They just don't have much flavor.

At some point I find lack of taste offensive. It becomes like water with just a tiny bit of flavor and I don't like that. Bud light, coors light, etc. get to this point for me. Regular bud still has enough flavor that I don't find it offensive and actually don't mind drinking one every once in a while.

#25 Howie

Howie

Feltersnatch

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15548 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:00 AM

At some point I find lack of taste offensive. It becomes like water with just a tiny bit of flavor and I don't like that. Bud light, coors light, etc. get to this point for me. Regular bud still has enough flavor that I don't find it offensive and actually don't mind drinking one every once in a while.

I don't find the flavor bad, just not particularly enjoyable. As light as they are, I tend to find them a little sweet. Despite being so drinkable, refreshing, great tasting, less filling, frost brewed, triple hopped, (insert your favorite marketing term here), I guess those 3 IBUs or whatever can't balance the small amount of malt in there??

#26 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:35 AM

I don't find the flavor bad, just not particularly enjoyable. As light as they are, I tend to find them a little sweet. Despite being so drinkable, refreshing, great tasting, less filling, frost brewed, triple hopped, (insert your favorite marketing term here), I guess those 3 IBUs or whatever can't balance the small amount of malt in there??

I find it has to be the first beer I drink if I'm going to taste it at all. It's actually kind of fun to drink a bud and then have a good beer and marvel at how much taste it has! :P

#27 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:11 PM

Delayed i see.https://beernews.org/2010/07/brewed-on-discovery-channel-update/

#28 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:32 PM

I really dont like the taste of Bud. Never have, long before I ever got into craft beers or homebrewing. It reminds me of raw bread dough, which I dont care for. Im pretty sure I could pick a Bud out of a lineup of similar lagers. I do enjoy some cheap American lagers though. I dont mind Coors Light, and actually enjoy an occasional PBR in the summer. :1zhelp:

#29 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68859 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

In general, brewing beer is pretty boring. I can't believe they can make a show out of it that would appeal to any significant quantity of people. Heck, I'm a beer geek and a homebrewer and I doubt I'll even watch it.

yeah thisthe winemaker show is a snooze

#30 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68859 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:40 PM

I really dont like the taste of Bud. Never have, long before I ever got into craft beers or homebrewing. It reminds me of raw bread dough, which I dont care for. Im pretty sure I could pick a Bud out of a lineup of similar lagers. :1zhelp:

dang, verbatim my take on Budweiser Lageri have never enjoyed it's taste, at all, it actually has always made me nauseous, I was raised up on Miller High Life and then MGD, prior to my craft beer awakening

#31 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:12 AM

I really dont like the taste of Bud. Never have, long before I ever got into craft beers or homebrewing. It reminds me of raw bread dough, which I dont care for. Im pretty sure I could pick a Bud out of a lineup of similar lagers. I do enjoy some cheap American lagers though. I dont mind Coors Light, and actually enjoy an occasional PBR in the summer. :smilielol:

A challenge you say!!! :1zhelp:

#32 Malzig

Malzig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationBOS

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:51 AM

It is hard to believe that it would attract many people, but I can't imagine that I'd find it boring. However, I find the falderal in the PH dreadfully boring and beer forums interesting.

#33 BrianBrewerKS

BrianBrewerKS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:22 AM

However, I find the falderal in the PH dreadfully boring and beer forums interesting.

We're an acquired taste, just like beer. But we're more cooler.

#34 jimdkc

jimdkc

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5605 posts
  • LocationIndependence, MO

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:19 AM

Delayed i see.https://beernews.org...channel-update/

That article has been updated... The show is now called "Brew Masters" and will air Nov. 21.Jim

#35 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:28 AM

That article has been updated... The show is now called "Brew Masters" and will air Nov. 21.Jim

just saw an ad for this also saying the 21st.

#36 BrianBrewerKS

BrianBrewerKS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:40 AM

I've already set my DVR. Sunday at 9:00 central. Might not be great, but I'll give it a try.

#37 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26777 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:32 AM

[bump]Tonight, Nov 21Discovery Channel10:00 PM easternThe show's name appears to have been changed to Brew Masters

#38 jimdkc

jimdkc

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5605 posts
  • LocationIndependence, MO

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:17 PM

I liked it. The first episode of "Brew Masters" detailed Dogfish Head's collaboration with Sony Music to create a brew to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the release of Miles Davis' album "Bitches Brew". They came up with a fusion of Ethopian tej (a sort of honey wine or mead flavored with gesho leaves and twigs) with an Imperial Stout. I thought it was interesting and fun to watch.Jim

#39 chefmiller

chefmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:31 PM

I liked it. The first episode of "Brew Masters" detailed Dogfish Head's collaboration with Sony Music to create a brew to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the release of Miles Davis' album "Bitches Brew". They came up with a fusion of Ethopian tej (a sort of honey wine or mead flavored with gesho leaves and twigs) with an Imperial Stout. I thought it was interesting and fun to watch.Jim

+1I think a lot of people just have a tendency to hate on anyone successful and charismatic. More power to Sam. He's managed to live the American Dream without compromise. I only hope to be half as successful someday.

#40 Edited by

Edited by

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44381 posts
  • LocationCamarillo, CA

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:38 AM

meh, meh, I dunno... It was slow going at first.... Its gotta American Chopper flavor thing going on..... The creation/ design team, collaberation... I guess, I'm a douche.(don't be too quick to pile on here guys) I'll give another episode..... Still not a fan of Sam, but I'm glad he did it instead of the bigger douche from Stone.......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users