#81 earthtone

earthtone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 28 November 2010 - 01:13 PM

I'm fine accepting a product for what it is. Fortunately my man card already had infinite points on it.

because you were already a homebrewer :facepalm:

#82 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:22 PM

I enjoyed last night episode about Chicha and hot damn another new one is on tonight at 10pm too. New Zealand and brewing a tomato beer!!!!!! :D Well that is definitely offcentered for sure. Hope its as good as the first two so far.

#83 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26685 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:10 PM

me neither - I have no problem having a bud or 2. ;)

You just lost man card points and dropped a few rungs down the ladder pal.

Fail. Nothing unmanly about drinking a Bud or 2.One of my favorite lines. "Hey zymot, you want a Bud?" "Sure, that is my favorite kind of beer!" "Really?!?!" "Yeah, the cold & free kind of beer."If we were talking about a pinio grigio and portobelo quiche, then the man card gets an adjustment.

#84 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:19 PM

Didn't read most of the thread. Just watched a dvr of the first. OK, I guess. Kind of dumb to have a time frame for having a beer ready. Don't rush it, guess the pros have their ways though. Have the chicha one recorded too, but I remember reading about that stuff, sounded gross but might as well watch it. And it sounds like I need to dvr another....... work, work, work..........

#85 BrianBrewerKS

BrianBrewerKS

Comptroller of Winging It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:07 AM

The whole 'time frame' thing is kinda dumb...but gotta have it for the reality show fanbase.I watched the punkin ale/tomato beer episode yesterday. Pretty decent. I'll keep watchin.

#86 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:27 AM

Just watched Bitches Brew and the first half of the Chicha episode last night. I enjoyed watching it. It takes me to a "happy place" and is getting me excited about brewing again. Yes, I am currently brewing, but passion isn't quite at that euphoric level that makes it REALLY fun! I'll continue watching it because it is better than a bunch of stuff out there on TV. If SWMBO can watch all those "renovation" and "home buying" shows on HGTV, then I can have this, right?I was a little concerned about the time constraints he agreed to in Bitches Brew. Was thinking to myself... that's a pretty BIG beer that's going to need some time... and a bit later in the show he actually acknowledged that. I don't expect it to be super technical, but thats fine with me. After watching it... I am still envious of Basser and look forward to going back up to Chico for another tour!

#87 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3160 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:44 PM

... Sony Music is to the music industry what Microsoft is to the computing industry.""Would you like a root kit with that CD?"

FTFY :wub:

#88 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31755 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

Just watched Bitches Brew and the first half of the Chicha episode last night. I enjoyed watching it. It takes me to a "happy place" and is getting me excited about brewing again. Yes, I am currently brewing, but passion isn't quite at that euphoric level that makes it REALLY fun! I'll continue watching it because it is better than a bunch of stuff out there on TV. If SWMBO can watch all those "renovation" and "home buying" shows on HGTV, then I can have this, right?I was a little concerned about the time constraints he agreed to in Bitches Brew. Was thinking to myself... that's a pretty BIG beer that's going to need some time... and a bit later in the show he actually acknowledged that. I don't expect it to be super technical, but thats fine with me. After watching it... I am still envious of Basser and look forward to going back up to Chico for another tour!

That is in my cards for the new year. Go pay Basser a visit, buy him lunch, maybe do a little rinkin with the guy? Need to find a hotel or something near the brewery so I don't have to worry about drivin home afterwards. Yep, if I make the trip, it's gonna be a bender. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users