#161 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40973 posts
  • LocationCedar Rapids, Ia

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:32 AM

Hmmm I have the handbook installed. I wonder if I can transfer it to everyone else when they hook up to the server? 

Speaking of which, this weekend I will have the server up learning some more. I have made some good progress but I want to be up to the task when the time comes to DM. I'll post here and on discord when the server is live. I'll tag all those handbooks and rules etc for players to download on connect. This is your time to run a muck on the server. Figure out the interface etc. It's certainly not mandatory, I will have it up so anyone that wants to can jump in. 

If you get he ultimate I think you get the D&D bundle.  I can get the paperback copies of the books at Half Price Books.  The handbook is really the only one really valuable to the player, in the software.

#162 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:17 AM

If you get he ultimate I think you get the D&D bundle.  I can get the paperback copies of the books at Half Price Books.  The handbook is really the only one really valuable to the player, in the software.

Right but what I am saying is that since I have the ULTIMATE Tier, I THINK I can bestow to the players necessary files such as handbooks, rule sets, pogs, icons, graphics, etc I just have to check them off and allow you to download them. It might save some $$ 

#163 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40973 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 01:57 PM

Right but what I am saying is that since I have the ULTIMATE Tier, I THINK I can bestow to the players necessary files such as handbooks, rule sets, pogs, icons, graphics, etc I just have to check them off and allow you to download them. It might save some $$ 

That would be awesome.  I now have three characters on Fantasy Grounds .  

#164 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:27 PM

That would be awesome.  I now have three characters on Fantasy Grounds .  

That's kind of part of the reason I am putting up the server and will continue to do so sporadically until I get my shit together. If any of the files I have, or share with you...the less you  may have to spend, and it keeps everything in one central location...not because I am the almighty DM...LOL Just a suggestion if indeed it works like I remember the instructions said they would, it might help not only myself as DM but any other future DMs to have everything on a central location. Backups may be able to be made, I'll check, of the data needed to restart the game from yesterday...is what I'm hoping for.

#165 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:44 AM

rVaRHZR.jpg

#166 Glacies

Glacies

Comptroller of Schwanz Hats

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5095 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:00 AM

Hey everyone that is going to play, can you post or pm me your level of experience in these games and what type of gameplay you prefer? Want to make a really deep story with a lot of deep role play or do you just want to crack some heads?

I'm going to break everyone up in groups to mix some experience levels and try to group similar minded folks.

#167 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59295 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:34 AM

My RPG experience is extensive, but computer-based.  My knowledge of the official lore is incomplete but workable.  Imma roleplay to the extent i'll function within the limitations and personality i've set for my character, but don't expect method acting.  I'm not going to change my voice unless there are cat calls and animal howls involved.  No ye, no thee, no art thine thoust m'lady lordship.

I mean unless someone will give Vissl a copper or two to act in that manner.  Every man has his price.

#168 Buscotucky

Buscotucky

Comptroller of Lips and Smooching

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3605 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:34 AM

Hey everyone that is going to play, can you post or pm me your level of experience in these games and what type of gameplay you prefer? Want to make a really deep story with a lot of deep role play or do you just want to crack some heads?

I'm going to break everyone up in groups to mix some experience levels and try to group similar minded folks.

No experience in D&D, but some in computer program rpg's (Wizardry series.) Moderate depth, lots of skull cracking & really good treasure.

#169 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40973 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:35 AM

I played D&D in a regular game in my late teens.  So it has been a while since I played regularly.  I have dabbled with my kids, a few years ago.  But they are 15 and 17 now, and way too cool for RPG.  My interest in roll play is that I want to play my character in a certain way.  I fell like giving a player personality is what makes pen and paper better than video game RPG.  But I am not going to use funny voices or shit like that.  

#170 Thag

Thag

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47523 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:13 AM

I played D&D in my early 20s. Light story adventure. I know people take this to unbelievable geekdom. I never went there.

#171 Julius H Gardetto

Julius H Gardetto

Comptroller of Delusional Berkley Hippie Types

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25506 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:33 AM

Zero D&D experience, lots of console RPGs. Any level of detail works for me.

#172 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112413 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:44 AM

Lol. Is this really happening?

#173 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59295 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:49 AM

Lol. Is this really happening?

Me role playing as a 10 year old boy?  Yes.

#174 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112413 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:55 AM

*casts the Divine Rod of Parvone on datass*

#175 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:23 AM

Now these guys got it going on:

https://imgur.com/gallery/1Ufn7

#176 inv

inv

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13705 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:47 AM

I've played from 3.5 through 5th.  Probably about 10 hours or so on 5th, worked through a bit of the Curse of Strahd campaign before the group fell apart.  I guess that would make me the veteran here, but I'm not like a super high level player or anything.

I  think for this one we should be light on the role playing and just focus on the mechanics. My favorite kinds of games are more on the problem solving/mystery side though. 

Are we running one of the official modules or Adventurer League seasons?

#177 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 11:41 AM

I've played from 3.5 through 5th.  Probably about 10 hours or so on 5th, worked through a bit of the Curse of Strahd campaign before the group fell apart.  I guess that would make me the veteran here, but I'm not like a super high level player or anything.

I  think for this one we should be light on the role playing and just focus on the mechanics. My favorite kinds of games are more on the problem solving/mystery side though. 

Are we running one of the official modules or Adventurer League seasons?

yes

#178 inv

inv

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13705 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 27 September 2018 - 02:37 PM

Which is it?

#179 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 02:41 PM

It is an official module that has been tailored / modified to the FG system. 

Is there something I should be aware of? 

#180 inv

inv

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13705 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 27 September 2018 - 02:52 PM

That's something completely different.  I thought we were running the Waterdeep heist?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users