Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59178 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 29 September 2018 - 04:41 PM

Ok... someone help me out here...

Where the #### do I start??? Game play and character creation is on Fantasy Grounds and live group discussion is on Discord???

Pegging...

#202 Glacies

Glacies

Comptroller of Schwanz Hats

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5095 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 04:51 PM

Deer, I'll help you out in a little bit and I'll try to get a faq up too

You probably need some fg direction. It's not intuitive to start

#203 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 29 September 2018 - 09:29 PM

Ok... with the help of Techmaster, I got a Rouge Lifghtfoot Halfling set up!  Major props to him for his assistance in walking me through the setup.

Anything else that may have been said and preserved on Discord... ####ing stays on Discord!  LOL!

Edited by Deerslyr, 29 September 2018 - 09:29 PM.

#204 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 05:40 AM

Ok... with the help of Techmaster, I got a Rouge Lifghtfoot Halfling set up!  Major props to him for his assistance in walking me through the setup.

Anything else that may have been said and preserved on Discord... ####ing stays on Discord!  LOL!

Techmaster Rocked! 

#205 orudis

orudis

Deputy Comptroller of Rarts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25328 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:18 AM

I've been meaning to align the Nine Spheres, awaken the Blood Wraiths and finally plunge this mortal world into the eternal void, yada yada, but I just don't have time right now.   

#206 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59178 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:25 AM

I've been meaning to align the Nine Spheres, awaken the Blood Wraiths and finally plunge this mortal world into the eternal void, yada yada, but I just don't have time right now.

Bro, look around. The erf is already sitting in a void. You did it, job done. On the seventh day he rested and created a half Ling barbarian

#207 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40956 posts
  • LocationCedar Rapids, Ia

Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:26 AM

I am going to keep making characgers.  I will be ready to fill any necessary role.  At this point it looks like we are low on magic users.

#208 Buscotucky

Buscotucky

Comptroller of Lips and Smooching

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3605 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:02 AM

Had to go with a half orc rather than a Goliath...still a barbarian though. Followed Techmasters guide & think I'm ready to go.

#209 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112413 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:43 AM

I am going to keep making characgers. I will be ready to fill any necessary role. At this point it looks like we are low on magic users.

I'm not in this, but whenever there's the option in a game, I almost always go with a mage type character, with electricity as a special power/ focus where applicable. I've just never d&d'ed before, but if a virtual Magic: The Gathering circle breaks out, I'm in.

#210 Glacies

Glacies

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5095 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:28 PM

Okay, so I've been digging through these threads, I have a document with everyone listed in the OP with experience levels. I'm going to try to balance the groups in terms of gameplay experience. Everyone is going to have to have patience. The few of you that mentioned character builds, I've got that too, for those of you like browbeard that will play anything to balance a group, let me know too. 

Jabber, Corbin and ER Pemberton, what are your experience levels in this game? (sorry if I missed it)

#211 Techmaster

Techmaster

Stink Bug Wielding Seagis Defeator

• Patron
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 07:09 AM

Finally made it to the forum!  I didn't notice that this was even here until just now.  The character that I rolled is a Half-Elf Warlock.  Let me know if we need a different character for the party.

I also made a tutorial for getting set up in Fantasy Grounds.  The tutorial's up on the discord for anyone interested.

#212 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 01:56 PM

Finally made it to the forum!  I didn't notice that this was even here until just now.  The character that I rolled is a Half-Elf Warlock.  Let me know if we need a different character for the party.

I also made a tutorial for getting set up in Fantasy Grounds.  The tutorial's up on the discord for anyone interested.

Seriously guys - give this man a round of applause for all his hard work and helping hand. 

giphy.gif

#213 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 02:06 PM

Thinking about when we get this ball really rolling, how to notify participants of Brews-Bros Gaming events. Would you rather be notified here in the chan and leave it up to every individual to check and see what's up? Or would you rather be notified in Discord? Or would you rather be notified by email? Or would you rather be notified by all of the above means?

Just trying to think ahead. I am sure something is bound to come up at some point that may interrupt our plans to game one night....say I have a seizure - it happens. Well it would be nice if I could notify everyone somehow as to what's going on so that you don't hang out in Discord wondering where I am and wtf I'm doing. Or any other player for that matter. 

In other words, it will take a certain level of coordination on everybody's part individually to make this group thing work smooth. 

So review the first paragraph and lmk what the group thinks.

#214 Glacies

Glacies

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5095 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 03:08 PM

I say here. Because is this is where we got built. I'll pin you stuff. Don't tell anyone. 

#215 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 06:34 PM

I say here. Because is this is where we got built. I'll pin you stuff. Don't tell anyone. 

Ok cool. I just want to make sure everybody gets the word.

word

#216 Thag

Thag

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47523 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:36 PM

I am having a hard time getting my laptop from 2009 to work. It has Windows 7 on it, it will not even install Chrome correctly. I stopped using laptops as I have a work laptop but it would not be smart to use it for this.

It may take me a little time to join this fine band of nerds.

#217 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:42 PM

No sweat man

#218 Buscotucky

Buscotucky

Comptroller of Lips and Smooching

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3605 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 07:57 PM

Here's fine with me.

#219 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:56 PM

OK boys and girls.....we now have the ability to have ambient music...or any music for that matter (as long as it's on YT or soundcloud) while we game. I have installed the stereo system and wired up all the surround sound. So whilst we are gaming we can have some ambiance. It still has a few bugs but for the most part works great. Here is a list of commands:

https://rythmbot.co/features#list

You do have to be in the Voice chan...but that kinda makes sense anyways. Right now you will be soothed with ambient adventure music when you enter the voice chan. 

Volume will be something I have to work out so that it truly is ambient and everyone talking doesn't have to yell.

#220 Techmaster

Techmaster

Stink Bug Wielding Seagis Defeator

• Patron
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:21 AM

If anyone's interested I found a really useful youtube channel that has a class guide series and a learn to play D&D series.  

link: https://www.youtube....d5Ae_Q/featured

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users