dibs on playing with the magical boobs!

#142 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:29 PM

OK I am done with all my work and chores...time to go to D&D college....

By the way there are a plethora of tutorials and how to videos for FG players all over YT, and I have found the guys and gals over at the FG Discord channel and FGCollege Discord channel willing to bend over backwards to help. There have been occasions where I will ask a question and get the answer, and apply it to what I am doing....a day or so later someone will message me out of the blue and ask me if I found the info I was looking for in regards to <x issue>. Most of the group there are adults --upper 30's and up..so it's not like talking to a group of kids that just got off the Fortnite bus with your mom. 

#143 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41002 posts
  • LocationCedar Rapids, Ia

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:33 PM

I created a dwarf fighter and a wood elf druid, just in case.

#144 SKubrick

SKubrick

Comptroller of Pissing Matches

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • LocationThe Great State of Idaho

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:53 PM

Can I cast Tiltowait?

#145 brewman

brewman

Canyon Chin King of Chicago

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13080 posts
  • LocationFlorida Everglades

Posted 25 September 2018 - 02:59 PM

To busy playing free EverQuest.

#146 Julius H Gardetto

Julius H Gardetto

Comptroller of Delusional Berkley Hippie Types

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25515 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:16 PM

https://www.dndbeyon...racters/5552989

#147 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:38 PM

To busy playing free EverQuest.

There is a free tier at Fantasy Grounds...just sayin'

#148 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:43 PM

Would anybody be against the DM playing a side character? Not sure yet. Maybe not a character as in part of the group, but more of a muse.

#149 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59595 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:47 PM

Would anybody be against the DM playing a side character? Not sure yet. Maybe not a character as in part of the group, but more of a muse.

Sounds cool to me.  

#150 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:48 PM

You guys that have already created a character, have you downloaded the FG interface and entered all of that data into the software? That way when you connect up to the server, that info will be sent to the DM automatically.

There are some differences between the free tier and the next level which is $40. I am not sure at this point whether those differences will make a .....difference. I do know that I can bestow to players and files that I have to supplement anything that might be missing in the Free Tier. When you connect to the server, these files automatically download to your computer. Either way, paid or free, I can host them on the server.

#151 Buscotucky

Buscotucky

Comptroller of Lips and Smooching

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3631 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:51 PM

Fine by me.!

#152 Buscotucky

Buscotucky

Comptroller of Lips and Smooching

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3631 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:54 PM

You guys that have already created a character, have you downloaded the FG interface and entered all of that data into the software? That way when you connect up to the server, that info will be sent to the DM automatically.

There are some differences between the free tier and the next level which is $40. I am not sure at this point whether those differences will make a .....difference. I do know that I can bestow to players and files that I have to supplement anything that might be missing in the Free Tier. When you connect to the server, these files automatically download to your computer. Either way, paid or free, I can host them on the server.

I took a stab at it, but I’m evidently doing it wrong. Barbarians suck at computers evidently.

#153 inv

inv

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13726 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:08 PM

I don't think it's a good idea

#154 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:41 PM

I appreciate your candor

In retrospect it was a silly thing. I will have more than my hands full and I'll have just as much of the story to share as anyone.. :)

#155 Thag

Thag

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47523 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:47 PM

You could have someone be the DM of one group and play in the other group. Best of both worlds.

#156 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:55 PM

no no it was a really stupid idea Iron Chic is absolutely correct...for real

#157 EWW

EWW

Regular, normal human being

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26228 posts
  • LocationSomewhere special

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:11 PM

Posted in discord

#158 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:13 AM

Well thanks EWW that's very kind of you.

#159 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41002 posts
  • LocationCedar Rapids, Ia

Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:49 AM

I did have to buy the D&D players handbook to get all of the classes and races.  Of course that did not include any magic weapons.  So, I used common.  It would be nice to be able to import the character, rather than have to enter it all manually.  $25.99 for the handbook allows you to drag and drop everything. 

#160 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:15 AM

Hmmm I have the handbook installed. I wonder if I can transfer it to everyone else when they hook up to the server? 

Speaking of which, this weekend I will have the server up learning some more. I have made some good progress but I want to be up to the task when the time comes to DM. I'll post here and on discord when the server is live. I'll tag all those handbooks and rules etc for players to download on connect. This is your time to run a muck on the server. Figure out the interface etc. It's certainly not mandatory, I will have it up so anyone that wants to can jump in. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users