245 replies to this topic

#121 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:13 AM

Are we starting out with uncommon weapons and items? 

Keep things kinda simple at first please

#122 Buscotucky

Buscotucky

Comptroller of Lips and Smooching

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3630 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:15 AM

Are we starting out with uncommon weapons and items?

I wasn’t sure, so I grabbed a bunch just in case. Plus I’m a gear whore.

Edit since GO’s post...guess I’ll have to ungear a (lot) little bit.

Edited by Buscotucky, 25 September 2018 - 09:16 AM.

#123 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40998 posts
  • LocationCedar Rapids, Ia

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:17 AM

I wasn’t sure, so I grabbed a bunch just in case. Plus I’m a gear whore.

Your character begged the question.  I am not opposed to either option.  I rolled up a pretty standard equipment set.  But I was like "Where did he get all those wonderful colors on his equipment list?"

#124 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59553 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:43 AM

https://www.dndbeyon...racters/5455830

#125 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:45 AM

Guys, TBH I don't really care what accoutrements that accompany your character. I know I said "KISS" but I don't want to hold back anyone's creativeness. If you have a magic, rim-blown, diatonic, perrywinkle flute that makes women's panties drop to the ground...by all means incorporate that into your character. Just Do your character Level 1 tho. That way we all start off the same. After giving it some thought, banning uncommon items for this group would be a waste of time and a waste of creativity. :)

#126 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:58 AM

Also I don't want to sound as if I am the end all as far as decisions go. This is a group, we can make decisions as a group if it affects the whole group. And I am always open to suggestion. Just don't make it like herding cats :) If we need a hard vote on something we could make a poll for everyone to cast their vote on to make a final decision. I'm flexible..please don't think I'm trying to be a control freak - I'm just unsure how things will play out with uncommon items, but that shouldn't preclude you from including them.  Bring them...we will figure out what to do with them all.

#127 Glacies

Glacies

Comptroller of Schwanz Hats

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5095 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:14 AM

I was just reading about the Goliath today - holy shit Busco - 29 Str.

#128 Glacies

Glacies

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5095 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:17 AM

I've never played a rogue before and I really wanted to explore a kind of Bullshit and Bravado type character that would only work in a game like this. I'll put up my sheet later, it might change a little bit, but the point is he's highest in charisma. I'm hoping I can personally do the role I have in my head some justice. Tiefling Rogue with a deck of cards, will talk you out of your underbritches and then sell them back to you. I thought it might be cool especially when we get to that waterdeep heist adventure path to have a dude that's all about the heist.

#129 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59553 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:28 AM

I've never played a rogue before and I really wanted to explore a kind of Bullshit and Bravado type character that would only work in a game like this. I'll put up my sheet later, it might change a little bit, but the point is he's highest in charisma. I'm hoping I can personally do the role I have in my head some justice. Tiefling Rogue with a deck of cards, will talk you out of your underbritches and then sell them back to you. I thought it might be cool especially when we get to that waterdeep heist adventure path to have a dude that's all about the heist.

Are you already gunning for my scrot wrap?

#130 Buscotucky

Buscotucky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3630 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:45 AM

I was just reading about the Goliath today - holy shit Busco - 29 Str.

BUSCO SMASH!

#131 Glacies

Glacies

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5095 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:01 AM

I can definitely see my character busting this dude's chops a lot, btw.

#132 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40998 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:06 AM

If you have read any of the Dragonlance books, I am planning to play my halfling thief more Kender like.  Happy go lucky.  Not afraid of anything. Fiercely loyal. Up for any adventure.  And probably has whatever your missing in his pouches.  

#133 Buscotucky

Buscotucky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3630 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:13 AM

BUSCO SMASH!

Base strength is 19, found a storm giant's belt that took me to 29. If we vote to have the traditional type starting equipment (no magic weapons/armor/etc.) I'm fine with it.

I can definitely see my character busting this dude's chops a lot, btw.

I need to figure out backstory/personality for my guy...not a moron, but unsophisticated/uncivilized. Doesn't like being laughed at, but probably won't realize he's being made fun of if you're clever; casual violence is always pretty funny though. Maybe like Dothraki from GOT minus horses & mountain born not plains.

GO, you're going to load the treasure chest w/good stuff right? I love the loot, yo.

#134 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59553 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:14 AM

Imma check Kender-like's pouch 5 times a day (upon rest)

#135 Buscotucky

Buscotucky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3630 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:22 AM

Hey, just a thought...edit the list of members playing to add their profession/character. I think we're up to 3 rogues, a cleric & a barbarian.

#136 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40998 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:25 AM

I was in a campaign once where a guy played a kender.  The GM would roll once or twice a night, and remove an item from someone and put it in the Kender's pouch.  He didn't tell anyone, including the kender, Kender would only find out upon searching his pack for something.  

#137 Glacies

Glacies

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5095 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:28 AM

Hey, just a thought...edit the list of members playing to add their profession/character. I think we're up to 3 rogues, a cleric & a barbarian.

I'll be doing that as well as asking for personal experience and gameplay expectation - i.e. roleplaying vs mashing.

I was in a campaign once where a guy played a kender.  The GM would roll once or twice a night, and remove an item from someone and put it in the Kender's pouch.  He didn't tell anyone, including the kender, Kender would only find out upon searching his pack for something.  

That is awesome

#138 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40998 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:28 AM

I can switch characters, if needed.  My other option would be a magic user of some sort.

#139 Glacies

Glacies

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5095 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:29 AM

I'll play anything

#140 Thag

Thag

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47523 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:56 PM

Once you guys get characters set, let me know what we need to round off the group. If possible I want my character to have magical boobs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users