#83 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59288 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:09 PM

Subforum for gaming might draw more traffic to the site.  Possibly a good problem to have.

#84 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:17 PM

Subforum for gaming might draw more traffic to the site.  Possibly a good problem to have.

Did you get a minor in communications or marketing?  I like the way you think!  I honestly had not thought of increased traffic.

#85 Glacies

Glacies

Comptroller of Schwanz Hats

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5095 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:18 PM

I'm cool with whatever.  I can also help those that are new to the game that need it

edit - I will be on vacation for most of October

who tf goes on vacation for a month!?!? Can I come with you? I won't be weird.

#86 inv

inv

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13705 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:23 PM

who tf goes on vacation for a month!?!? Can I come with you? I won't be weird.

I do.  So many ladyboys in Thailand, so little time.

#87 Glacies

Glacies

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5095 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:25 PM

I do.  So many ladyboys in Thailand, so little time.

I was going to go learn italian so I can go to italy and meet family I've never before.

Then I wanted to go to learn french so I could tour France and try all the different food and wine

Then I wanted to learn Thai so I could go to thailand... for... a thing.

*not my joke

#88 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:20 PM

A proposal has been made to create a sub-forum for gaming purposes.  What's the consensus on that?  Would you prefer to communicate via a subforum, this thread, or discord?

All of the above but for quick and easy communication, a sub forum sure would be nice if it wouldn't be too much of a hassle.

#89 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59288 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:58 PM

So, I was thinking I'd like to start rapping some character ideas. I think that would be best accomplished in a forum. We can discuss the game sessions and organize some one-shots. We could use that forum to continue to build a more rounded gaming community here since there are actually so many gamers.

Yo yo yo, Vagruth in da house up heya.  All muh diggahs resistin them wizards holla at ur bro!  Holdin down the yellow brick road, waitin for doRothy to give a scarecrow some brain.

My character's bio:

Vagus comes from not-so-humble beginnings.  He was born to two mothers, breast pure 'first milk' from a team of thirty gravid-non-parid chicks who spent their non-lactating hours washing the many wooden floors of his castle.  His father, the King, was a sweet and humble man, wanting only the best for his growing son.  But, little did he know, the flesh orgy of Vagus' conception--the night where the vile, maggot-filled offspring of a reanimated dead God of corn invaded a team of stallions and used their mortal forms to V-12 the poor King's wives--occurred without him there.  So, yeah, Vagus developed a peanut allergy by the age of 3.  At 4 he wandered off into the wilderness to raise himself.  From that day forth, he vowed to never use a chamber pot again.

The many monsters and creatures of the world proved too challenging for 4 year old Vagus to dominate on his own, so he became the property of a slaver.  Since childhood seemed like slavery anyway, Vagus did not appreciate his condition as a slave.  He just figured it was weird that he was the only white guy.

Not for long.

It took many years of huffing coal, but Vagus accomplished two things:  1) he finally blended in, and 2) he blended his mind with coal, rendering much of it inactive.  What remained was hunger.  Oh, and a penchant for thrown weapons.  Forks, plates, +9 spoons.

Eventually he was sold to a wealthy merchant named Glacies...

#90 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111917 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:38 PM

For what it's worth I planned to play a shifty elf. Shifty, thieving, nervous elf.

#91 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59288 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:46 PM

For what it's worth I planned to play a shifty elf. Shifty, thieving, nervous elf.

Male or female? I mean it doesn't really matter, I just need to know how high to set my constitution

#92 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Comptroller of BigAssMan

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43700 posts
  • Locationen route

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:07 PM

I was going to go learn italian so I can go to italy and meet family I've never before.
Then I wanted to go to learn french so I could tour France and try all the different food and wine

Then I wanted to learn Thai so I could go to thailand... for... a thing.

*not my joke

SNL

#93 Glacies

Glacies

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5095 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:09 PM

SNL

Yeah - Bill Hader. It just kills me. 

#94 Glacies

Glacies

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5095 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:48 PM

Yo yo yo, Vagruth in da house up heya.  All muh diggahs resistin them wizards holla at ur bro!  Holdin down the yellow brick road, waitin for doRothy to give a scarecrow some brain.

My character's bio:

Vagus comes from not-so-humble beginnings.  He was born to two mothers, breast pure 'first milk' from a team of thirty gravid-non-parid chicks who spent their non-lactating hours washing the many wooden floors of his castle.  His father, the King, was a sweet and humble man, wanting only the best for his growing son.  But, little did he know, the flesh orgy of Vagus' conception--the night where the vile, maggot-filled offspring of a reanimated dead God of corn invaded a team of stallions and used their mortal forms to V-12 the poor King's wives--occurred without him there.  So, yeah, Vagus developed a peanut allergy by the age of 3.  At 4 he wandered off into the wilderness to raise himself.  From that day forth, he vowed to never use a chamber pot again.

The many monsters and creatures of the world proved too challenging for 4 year old Vagus to dominate on his own, so he became the property of a slaver.  Since childhood seemed like slavery anyway, Vagus did not appreciate his condition as a slave.  He just figured it was weird that he was the only white guy.

Not for long.

It took many years of huffing coal, but Vagus accomplished two things:  1) he finally blended in, and 2) he blended his mind with coal, rendering much of it inactive.  What remained was hunger.  Oh, and a penchant for thrown weapons.  Forks, plates, +9 spoons.

Eventually he was sold to a wealthy merchant named Glacies...

Peanut Allergy and Black lung = -6 to Constitution

#95 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59288 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:57 PM

Peanut Allergy and Black lung = -6 to Constitution

Glacies' slave, USS Constitution.

#96 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29306 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:59 PM

How much freedom does the dm in the story? Can he kill off the people he doesn't like? I see that there are missions/campaign but they don't seem scripted

#97 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:04 PM

How much freedom does the dm in the story? Can he kill off the people he doesn't like? I see that there are missions/campaign but they don't seem scripted

Now what would make you ask that? Why would I kill a player intentionally...that's ludicrous. Dude I want everybody to play.....even if you're an asshole :)

#98 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29306 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:58 PM

It was more of a general question to understand the concept of the game

#99 toonces

toonces

Methuselah

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33968 posts
  • Locationthe atomic city

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:51 PM

Now what would make you ask that? Why would I kill a player intentionally...that's ludicrous. Dude I want everybody to play.....even if you're an asshole :)

So, BDA can play?

#100 inv

inv

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13705 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:16 PM

It was more of a general question to understand the concept of the game

Here's the thing: everything is stat based. You make your character complete with their own stats. The DM controls/manages all other characters and things in the world (Non-Player Characters or NPCs, this is a term that will come up a lot), but this is all stat based too. Everything else in the world also has an appropriate stat, and it's the DM's job to manage that. What do you do with all these stats? Don't worry about it.
The DM controls the plot points but the characters are telling him what they want to do.
Almost every interaction comes down to basically something like this -

Want to bribe a guard? You're going to roll a persuasion check against a stat the guard has, the DM will check/manage these stats and confirm if this passes or fails.

Want to attack a monster? You're rolling the appropriate stats against those of the monster (again, DM manages this so don't worry and roll what he tells you to roll).

Running away from something fast and decide you need to climb up this wall to get away? You're probably making a dexterity check against the difficulty of the wall (again, don't worry about it, just tell everyone what you want to do and roll the skill check you're told. You'll be told what you need to get).

So can the DM just kill you? No, not really. Can the DM decide that lightning strikes at you because you wouldn't take the hint and get off the roof in a storm while wearing your full plate armor? Yes, but but there's a skill check for for that...

edit: does that make any sense?

Edited by Iron Chic, 24 September 2018 - 08:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users