663 replies to this topic

#621 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18068 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:18 AM

Ug, i need to keg the pils so i can brew a stout. I hate packaging.

At least you are not bottling!

#622 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:26 AM

At least you are not bottling!

Yeah but i have to clean everything for kegging since i havent done it it a year. Lines, keg, coupler, find the co2, everything. Plus i need to go to the store and get a siphon.

#623 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54017 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:39 AM

I have a couple of 'slow' work days and nothing really planned with the fam until we go up to Oshkosh on Friday.  I'm very seriously considering a batch of "blonde" brewed with 2112 and Loral hops on Thursday.  That may or may not happen but it would be great if I could pull it off.  Otherwise, I hope you Beerheads had a great Christmas and have a great NY.  Cheers, Prost, Na Zdravi, Kanpie, Serefe and Salud. 

#624 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54017 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:06 PM

Okay, had a brewday today and the last one of 2018.  I wanted to use this 2112 again and put a recipe together for a "blonde" or "gold beer".  

2q8c7td.png

The 6 pounds of pale ale malt were actually a clean-out-the-base-malt combination of Rahr Pale Ale malt, Munton's Maris Otter and Simpsons Golden Promise (about 2 pounds of each) and the grist on this batch made a beautiful gold wort with the Vienna thrown in.  This is also the first time I used Loral and they have an excellent aroma... very "super noble" as they're supposed to be.  I was able to get 5.25 gallons of ultra-clear wort into the fermenter and it would be nice if this 2112 lived up to its name and dropped clear.  The smell of the fresh slurry of 2112 hitting the wort was awesome... I haven't used it in a long time.  Cheers Beerheads.

#625 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10650 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:59 PM

Looks like a beer I'd enjoy crushing, especially on a hot summer day.

#626 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 December 2018 - 05:56 AM

Fired up here.Mashing . Porter with the 5 minutes to flameout licorice addition. 

#627 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54017 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 07:43 AM

Looks like a beer I'd enjoy crushing, especially on a hot summer day.

Yeah, I know it's December and this beer will be ready in January but I almost always have a "gold lager" on tap.  Also, I use so many good lager yeasts that I sometimes don't consider 2112 one of them.  But it *is* a lager yeast and it's character is quite nice.  It makes a very nice beer.  My recipe shows "blonde ale" because my brain was just not thinking "lager" at the time.  :D

Fired up here.Mashing . Porter with the 5 minutes to flameout licorice addition. 

w00t!  Giddy up beer man.  One more for 2018.  :D

#628 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 28 December 2018 - 07:49 AM

My 70/30 Lager shit the bed last night.  All I can pour is Saison.  I gotta keg a Belgian Amber tomorrow and clean some kegs.  

#629 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54017 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:24 AM

My 70/30 Lager shit the bed last night.  All I can pour is Saison.  I gotta keg a Belgian Amber tomorrow and clean some kegs.  

This seems to be a trend with many of us.  I have brewed like a madman over the past month just to try to catch up.  There's a possibility that we're having people over on NYE and some of the kegs in the draft fridges are very light and some of the beers in the on-deck fridge aren't ready to go.   :huh:   With our busy lives the brewing is always towards the bottom of the priority list.  Throw in a sickness or something and you fall far behind.  But... we will overcome.  :lol:  Cheers peeps.

#630 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:10 PM

Staro Prague taking a spin, closely guarded by some Roses. Rye Pilsner New Years Eve. Cheers

16-D87-F3-C-157-E-4438-A53-E-8-CC6-A263-

#631 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:57 AM

I feeling pretty good.  I might even get a starter going!

#632 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 07:36 AM

Do it for medical reasons

#633 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:18 AM

I brewed a kind of kitchen sink brown ale last night. Streamed it too!

I also took a mini second runnings to grow up a pitch of omegas Bavarian lager yeast. The wife and I are taking a booze break for January, but I still gotta get stuff on tap for February!

#634 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:59 PM

Just mashed in a rye Pilsner. Boiling around 7am tomorrow

#635 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:35 PM

Just mashed in a rye Pilsner. Boiling around 7am tomorrow

Sounds Tasty.Cheese and Crackers might be nice with it.

#636 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:00 AM

Ive had so many projects around the house that i havent had time to go get a recipe together!

#637 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:28 AM

just make something simple.  2-row and a little crystal 40.  maybe a little carapils.  done!

#638 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:27 PM

So the Staro Prague Rye Pilsner is humming away really nicely.  Pitched at low 60's and fermenting at 50.  Took off in under 12 hours.  Very excited to try this one.

All that stated.  What should I do with the slurry?  What next?  I'm thinking Vienna Lager but.......

#639 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54017 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:33 PM

So the Staro Prague Rye Pilsner is humming away really nicely.  Pitched at low 60's and fermenting at 50.  Took off in under 12 hours.  Very excited to try this one.

All that stated.  What should I do with the slurry?  What next?  I'm thinking Vienna Lager but.......

Vienna Lager is always a good idea.  I just brewed with it today (American Lager) and I pitched about 1pm central.  I made an amber lager, a "gold lager", my Bordertown Dark Lager, a Czech Pils and then the American Lager.  I might stop right there but this yeast looks like it's in good shape so maybe *I* will make a Vienna next.  :P  Cheers.

#640 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10650 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:23 PM

Working on a hop schedule for my next batch, something I'm calling "Overhopped Abomination".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users