#482 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4242 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted Yesterday, 06:08 AM

So by wrapping BIAB number 2 over the course of a 9 hour mash, I lost 12 degrees, which to me ain’t bad. Very smooth brew day; 50/50 Vienna and Pale with a sprinkle of C40. Generously dosed with Pacific Jade and Mosaic all in the whirlpool per my friend Drezz’s suggestions! US05 is tearing it up and there’s two more “Drezz doses” of hops in the days to follow.

#483 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28261 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:37 AM

So by wrapping BIAB number 2 over the course of a 9 hour mash, I lost 12 degrees, which to me ain’t bad. Very smooth brew day; 50/50 Vienna and Pale with a sprinkle of C40. Generously dosed with Pacific Jade and Mosaic all in the whirlpool per my friend Drezz’s suggestions! US05 is tearing it up and there’s two more “Drezz doses” of hops in the days to follow.

NOICE!

That beer sounds great and congrats on your overnight BIAB process.  Always good to find ways to do things simpler and more efficiently.

#484 Buscotucky

Buscotucky

Comptroller of Lips and Smooching

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3058 posts

Posted Today, 02:46 PM

Finally got around to kegging my NEIPA/Black NEIPA - some 3 weeks later than planned. While warm flat beer is somewhat hard to judge, the Norweigan yeasts seem to perform as advertised - no funky off flavors from fermenting near 100 degrees. Dryhopped the crap out of them, will let them sit for a week at basement temp then to the fridge.

#485 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8438 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted Today, 02:50 PM

Next week (week of Oct 1), English-ish IPA is on like Donkey Kong.

Rahr pale ale and some Munich/C-40/wheat, to an OG of ~1.075, ~12 SRM, and an abv of 7.5-8%, thereabouts.

Magnum to bitter, First Gold as FWH, and then all EKG for the late additions, to ~70 IBUs total.

US-05 will handle the heavy lifting in the primary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users