153 replies to this topic

#81 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54119 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:34 PM

I got a response back right away telling me that I was shipped HALLERTAU, not Tradition and that the email receipt she sent earlier today was incorrect. Phew. This has been very entertaining I have to admit.

In related news I stopped at one of my local suppliers this afternoon after a meeting. I needed some grains and Starsan. I got to the counter and the guy says, "Yeast? Hops?" and I said, "No but thanks for asking" and then I told him about the sale at Hops Direct. I think I broke his brain. Even when I said "ONE POUND FOR $5" his mouth dropped open and then I hit him with the 5 POUNDS OF HALLERTAU FOR $5 and he was speechless. He kept squinting at me and I was laughing. I said that "a guy I know sent them an email telling them their pricing may be off" and he just kept staring at me. He said, "Like, any kind of hop variety or WHAT?!?" and I told him the stuff that was on sale and that it was only 11/22 thru 11/29 and you could see his brain smoldering trying to process that. I exclaimed, "That's 31¢ an ounce!!" and he was appalled.

#82 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:08 PM

Diane sent an email saying it's in the mail - that's it

I have too many hops.  I love Hallertau - it may be dry hopped in a lot of ales

#83 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54119 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:42 PM

My email was from Charlene Bussert. She probably thought, I'll mess with this dude who tried to scam us at $5 for 5 pounds of hops. She could have really messed with me and made up a new variety like HALLERTAU BURNT HAIR or HALLERTAU ASPARAGUS PEE. :lol:

#84 djinkc

djinkc

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:56 PM

My email was from Charlene Bussert. She probably thought, I'll mess with this dude who tried to scam us at $5 for 5 pounds of hops. She could have really messed with me and made up a new variety like HALLERTAU BURNT HAIR or HALLERTAU ASPARAGUS PEE. :lol:

Diane Puterbaugh sent me the email - bet they're busy

#85 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54119 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:16 PM

My original ship date was today by the end of the day. I just checked the tracking again and it now shows Tuesday 12/5 by the end of the day. <_<

#86 djinkc

djinkc

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:36 PM

Mine's out for delivery.  The mailman was bitching about pass off packages yesterday when I talked to him while walking the dog.  Then we had a heavy package - he wasn't happy.  I doubt he'll be smiling today.

I have a dedicated shelf for hops in the freezer.  There has to be 20 lbs.  Then I found about 5 more nosing around for some other stuff today.  I guess I'll find a place to store it after I bag it....................

#87 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18070 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:58 PM

My original ship date was today by the end of the day. I just checked the tracking again and it now shows Tuesday 12/5 by the end of the day. <_<

Same for me.!

#88 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16661 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:41 PM

Mine arrived today. FWIW my Hallertau simply say GR HALLERTAU. 

#89 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54119 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:51 PM

That's a good sign.

I'll just say this... the huge amount of Hallertau for a nutty price is exciting but I'm excited about the other stuff I ordered too (Magnum, Crystal, Styrian Goldings). With these four hops I could conquer the world. :D I could make anything German or Austrian and I could make anything American or English. These are hops that I typically have in the brewery anyway so to have all of them (and for $5 a pound) is awesome. Usually the $5-per-pound hops are something you really have to get creative with.

#90 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16661 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:58 PM

That's a good sign.

I'll just say this... the huge amount of Hallertau for a nutty price is exciting but I'm excited about the other stuff I ordered too (Magnum, Crystal, Styrian Goldings). With these four hops I could conquer the world. :D I could make anything German or Austrian and I could make anything American or English. These are hops that I typically have in the brewery anyway so to have all of them (and for $5 a pound) is awesome. Usually the $5-per-pound hops are something you really have to get creative with.

That wasn't Styrain Goldings on the sale page. Pretty sure all they had was "Styrian Gold"

:o

:lol:

Edited by neddles, 02 December 2017 - 04:03 PM.

#91 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54119 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:07 PM

I've made that mistake before. I wish they would cut that out. I remember buying Super Styrians too. <_<

#92 djinkc

djinkc

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:32 PM

on our kitchen table for the moment..............

#93 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:43 AM

Okay, just opened my order. I got my 5# of GR Hallertau .I was having doubts they would honor that deal..Awesome ..

#94 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16661 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:44 AM

Kudos to them. Very nice.

#95 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54119 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:29 AM

That's sweet. I have to wait until Tuesday and I guess I need to look at a vacuum sealer type of thing. Has anyone opened them and taken a big sniff? I hope they don't smell like dirty feet. :D

#96 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10650 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:38 AM

That's sweet. I have to wait until Tuesday and I guess I need to look at a vacuum sealer type of thing. Has anyone opened them and taken a big sniff? I hope they don't smell like dirty feet. :D

Foodsaver.

#97 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54119 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:49 AM

Foodsaver.

Yeah, I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that I found one that was $36 (or so) on Amazon and then another one that was only $17 ish. I have nothing like this now so I will probably pull the trigger on this.

Hey... for those who received their hops... how is the packaging? O2-purged, vac-sealed foil bags?

#98 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16661 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:15 AM

Typical thick mylar from Hops Direct. Not vacuum sealed but I believe that is because they are nitrogen flushed.

#99 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54119 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:16 PM

Typical thick mylar from Hops Direct. Not vacuum sealed but I believe that is because they are nitrogen flushed.

Okay, good stuff. Thanks my friend.

#100 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18070 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:08 AM

Well, I just received notification that my order has been delivered.  Now I have to wait to get home and see if I have 9#'s in that 7# shipped package :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users