#141 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:43 PM

it's starting to clear finally and really come into it's own.  it's a beer that really leaves me wanting to pour another and I can b/c it's low ABV.

#142 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16674 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:27 PM

Awesome. I really liked that beer. Hard to believe I haven't made it again, until now… sort of. I am making this with Equinox either tomorrow or Thursday, probably Thursday.

#143 cavman

cavman

Comptroller of BigPossMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12937 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:29 PM

Wanting another is pretty much what it's about. Cheers!

#144 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16674 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:39 AM

Awesome. I really liked that beer. Hard to believe I haven't made it again, until now… sort of. I am making this with Equinox either tomorrow or Thursday, probably Thursday.

Equinox stunk up my basement with all the nice strong fruity smells expected from big american hops in the whirlpool. I have high expectations!

#145 cavman

cavman

Comptroller of BigPossMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12937 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:52 PM

Sounds good! I guess I need to brew a version of this since again soon.

#146 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 05 March 2016 - 05:36 AM

was described yesterday as "like all day IPA but less citrusy and better".  pretty good considering all day IPA is 4.7% ABV.

#147 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16674 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:16 AM

was described yesterday as "like all day IPA but less citrusy and better".  pretty good considering all day IPA is 4.7% ABV.

Yes, I would say that about it. I'm not a huge "all day" fan though. Notably less abv too. 

#148 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 14 March 2016 - 04:39 AM

having some of this right now b/c I filled a bottle for a coworker and needed to check the pressure on the keg (slow pour for bottle filling).  really, really excellent.

#149 Brauer

Brauer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts
  • Location1 mile north of Boston

Posted 14 March 2016 - 04:23 PM

having some of this right now b/c I filled a bottle for a coworker and needed to check the pressure on the keg (slow pour for bottle filling). really, really excellent.

I'm glad someone else appreciates how good it is!

#150 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:14 AM

I'm glad someone else appreciates how good it is!

people seem to like it.

one guy thought  it was kind of like tree house Julius (which I've never had).  no idea if that comparison makes any sense since Julius is 6.5% ABV.

#151 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18076 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:44 AM

people seem to like it.

one guy thought  it was kind of like tree house Julius (which I've never had).  no idea if that comparison makes any sense since Julius is 6.5% ABV.

That is an odd comparison ... IMO.  Since Julius has no galaxy in it and is completely opaque.  Did you ever post a picture of the final beer?

#152 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:47 AM

That is an odd comparison ... IMO.  Since Julius has no galaxy in it and is completely opaque.  Did you ever post a picture of the final beer?

I did not.  it's on it's way to clearing but is still a little hazy.

and yes, I thought it was odd too.  just goes to show you what the general craft beer drinking public is like.

#153 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18076 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:55 AM

I did not.  it's on it's way to clearing but is still a little hazy.

and yes, I thought it was odd too.  just goes to show you what the general craft beer drinking public is like.

Hammer meet nail!!!  100% agree.

#154 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:19 AM

Hammer meet nail!!!  100% agree.

makes it hard to get quality feed back and makes me question if people really liked something or are just making shit up :lol:

#155 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16674 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:40 AM

Having made this beer and having had Julius I have to agree the similarities are nil. Unless this guy never drinks hoppy beer and can see the vague connection between hops in both beers.

Since Julius has no galaxy in it and is completely opaque.  

So no Galaxy in there… Drez, can't remember if I asked you in our other thread… do you know any of the hop varieties in Julius? 

#156 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:47 AM

Having made this beer and having had Julius I have to agree the similarities are nil. Unless this guy never drinks hoppy beer and can see the vague connection between hops in both beers.

So no Galaxy in there… Drez, can't remember if I asked you in our other thread… do you know any of the hop varieties in Julius? 

you can guess the no galaxy just b/c it says "American hops" on the website.  I'm not sure if drez has more specific info though :scratch:

#157 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18076 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:01 AM

Citra is known.  It used to be all citra but it is now it is a blend according to the brewer.  I think there is some Amarillo and maybe centennial in there but others have claimed some Columbus to get the bit of dank you find in the beer.  They do have a beer with Galaxy and that is green, one of my favorite beers they make.  That is Galaxy and another American hop.  Once again that American hop may be Columbus.

#158 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16674 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:16 AM

Citra is known.  It used to be all citra but it is now it is a blend according to the brewer.  I think there is some Amarillo and maybe centennial in there but others have claimed some Columbus to get the bit of dank you find in the beer.  They do have a beer with Galaxy and that is green, one of my favorite beers they make.  That is Galaxy and another American hop.  Once again that American hop may be Columbus.

That is good info Drez. Thanks. I could pick out Citra in there but I suspect the version I had included other varieties. 

#159 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16674 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:38 PM

My Equinox version of this is tasting very nice. Light crackery malt and mild caramel flavors. The Equinox appears to be a very nice and well balanced hop, at least in this application. I get a very pleasant fruitiness (not overly tropical) and citrus from it with no dankness and no distinctive notes that would scream "this is Equinox!" in another beer. At least not at the level I used it. It seems to be the kind of hop that you could use all on it's own quite well. I'm going to let it sit cold a little longer before I decide if I'm going to dry hop it with an ounce or so. It will definitely find it's way into an APA/IPA of mine before long.

#160 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18076 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:54 PM

if you had 1318 and 1469 available what one would you use here?  I am leaning 1318.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users