#21 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29314 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:15 PM

No he is right. Miller bought out Pabst several years ago. I was living in Wisconsin at the time and I had to drive by both Miller and Pabst to get to my Uncle's house.

Then how does pabst still clain to be the largest US brewery? Nor does MillerCoors claim the brand.

#22 Winkydowbrewing

Winkydowbrewing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:22 PM

I was under the impression Sam Adams took #1 once Inbev took over AB. I could be wrong though.

#23 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:39 PM

Winkydow. You got it SA is #1 follow by.... come on.... guess.... guess... yes Sierra Nevada. Check it out released on 4/13/09 by American Brewers Association Beertown

#24 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:52 PM

Then how does pabst still clain to be the largest US brewery? Nor does MillerCoors claim the brand.

well on that list just posted Pabst is listed so you may be right...i may be crazy

#25 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:59 PM

Really? That would be cool. Not willing to go buy some and set it in the sun to find out though....

It works.BrewBasser

#26 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:14 PM

well on that list just posted Pabst is listed so you may be right...i may be crazy

but it just may be a lunatic your looking for...

#27 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:16 PM

Pabst is there own brewery. BrewBasser

#28 Slainte

Slainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:45 PM

Pabst is their own brewery. BrewBasser

Yeah, they're their own brewing company, but they don't have a brewery. They contract brew with Miller.

#29 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:39 PM

The millercoors site describes their brewing process, and lists hops as an ingredient but does not specifically name the hops or when it is added, they skip it entirely. There is however plenty of info on the malts.

#30 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:28 AM

Yeah, they're their own brewing company, but they don't have a brewery. They contract brew with Miller.

Yes. I think they have a brewery, but they get a lot of the beer through contract brewing.BrewBasser

#31 NomNomHopzinator

NomNomHopzinator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:16 AM

PBR = Miller

I only have PBR when I can get it at 1.25 and I am in a dark and moldy hole-in-the-wall bar where you get STDs from just sitting down ...never pay attention to the label to see if miller is on thereThe other one that used to annoy me was buds bitter beer face run. I think they are trying to make people believe that their corn water is what beer is supposed to taste like and anything else that has any hint of real beer flavor is skunky. Perhaps that is Miller's angle to make people think....wow that is a lot of hopping...anything more bitter than Miller is skunk beer.

#32 macbrak

macbrak

Comptroller of PUI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationGhost of Jobs Planet

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:20 AM

As far as I've heard Pabst doesn't have a brewery. Pabst Brewing Company owns a bunch of other brands (Old Style, Hamms, Lone Star{at least at one point}, etc.) and contract brews with Miller and others. They're largely a marketing company that specializes in nostalgic beer.

#33 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64114 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:38 AM

Pabst is easily the best of the mass-produced american light lagers.

#34 stangbat

stangbat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationKC Metro, KS side

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:31 AM

The other one that used to annoy me was buds bitter beer face run.

Bitter beer face was Keystone, so Coors gets the blame for that BS. Not that Bud is any better, especially with their drinkability crap they are peddling right now.

A couple of months ago I had a PBR for the first time in probably a decade. I wholeheartedly agree.

#35 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:37 AM

A couple of months ago I had a PBR for the first time in probably a decade. I wholeheartedly agree.

PBR was my first beer... my grandmothers husband always had a keg in the fridge and he'd give my sister and I a few ounces back when I was in like 3rd or 4th grade... It's a nostalgic one for me and I'll always (secretly) enjoy a PBR if its offered to me. I won't go out and buy it, but I'll enjoy it.

#36 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:39 AM

Haven't had it in a while - I'll have to give one a whirl sometime...

#37 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:45 AM

Isn't PBR the beer that in the last 6 months or so has made a resurgence in popularity in general or in the younger crowd? That seems to ring a bell to me for some reason.

#38 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:49 AM

Isn't PBR the beer that in the last 6 months or so has made a resurgence in popularity in general or in the younger crowd? That seems to ring a bell to me for some reason.

I feel like it's always been popular with people who want to save some cash but also like good beer.

#39 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64114 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:41 AM

I haven't bought it in a while, but I think the prices have come up due to increased demand in the last few years. It used to be one of the cheapest beer on the rack, down there with Keystone and Milwaukee's Best (barf). It's still cheap, but a little more expensive. I think I bought a 4-pack of 16 oz. cans for $4.99 last summer. Not bad.

#40 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:58 AM

I haven't bought it in a while, but I think the prices have come up due to increased demand in the last few years. It used to be one of the cheapest beer on the rack, down there with Keystone and Milwaukee's Best (barf). It's still cheap, but a little more expensive. I think I bought a 4-pack of 16 oz. cans for $4.99 last summer. Not bad.

Not bad at all. If I see it I may just buy some now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users