#41 Recklessdeck

Recklessdeck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationLawrence

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:46 PM

Isn't PBR the beer that in the last 6 months or so has made a resurgence in popularity in general or in the younger crowd? That seems to ring a bell to me for some reason.

Yes. PBR is the popular cheap beer among the 21-28 year old hipsters. Partly becuase it is no-ad (hint hint miller).Personally I find it too sweet for my palate. Hamms is a dollar cheaper and I find it a little crisper, so that's my go-to cheap beer.

#42 Greatfookin

Greatfookin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationRiver Grove , Illinois

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:53 PM

I had a flash idea about PBR............................ What type of hops should I put in my home-made randall, when I hook up the PBR keg to it????

#43 Darterboy

Darterboy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts
  • LocationVestavia Hills, Alabama

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:53 AM

PBR was my go-to beer in college (late 80s, I started Homebrewing then as well) because I could take a 12er to a party, stash it in the fridge or the community cooler, and nobody would steal it! Seems like all anyone would drink in those days was Miller Lite (blech!). I still can't drink Miller Lite or smoke Marlboro Lights. I was a Camel smoker till I quit about 4 years ago.PBR is still my go-to if I'm in the mood for a light American-style lager.

#44 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:43 AM

I made a 1/2 gallon starter of WLP001, using extra light DME to 1.040 (no hops). I cold crashed it and decanted most of the starter beer before I pitched it in my APA this weekend. I figured what the heck, so I poured a pint glass about half full with that cold starter beer, and took a big swig. My impression was, holy crap I made PBR! It tasted just like PBR.

#45 NomNomHopzinator

NomNomHopzinator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:39 AM

Haha, lucky you. You found their secret recipe

#46 Howie

Howie

Feltersnatch

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14742 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:51 AM

DFH should air a commercial about their unique 60-minute hop addition process, just to shut Miller up.

#47 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:32 AM

PBR was my go-to beer in college (late 80s, I started Homebrewing then as well) because I could take a 12er to a party, stash it in the fridge or the community cooler, and nobody would steal it! Seems like all anyone would drink in those days was Miller Lite (blech!). I still can't drink Miller Lite or smoke Marlboro Lights. I was a Camel smoker till I quit about 4 years ago.PBR is still my go-to if I'm in the mood for a light American-style lager.

I was a Camel smoker too....BrewBasser

#48 kbhale

kbhale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationEvansville IN

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:57 PM

Pabst is easily the best of the mass-produced american light lagers.

+1

#49 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:10 PM

DFH should air a commercial about their unique 60-minute hop addition process, just to shut Miller up.

Don't get me started on DFH and their 120/90/60 minute IPA's!!! Oh wait... I saved that pissing match for the GB a few weeks ago. :wub:

#50 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:51 AM

I was a Camel smoker too....BrewBasser

Not that I ever smoked a lot but same here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users