Photo
- - - - -

Got a sample of SA Noble Pilsner today...

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Slainte

Slainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:39 PM

I hope to get by there this week to bug that head brewer guy and get a growler.Though, I have to tell you, I heard the guy who developed that recipe was a total douche!! :P

Heh, I've already killed a 1/6 bbl keg...threw a 2nd 1/6 bbl on tap yesterday. I enjoy drinking liter mugs of it.

#62 japh

japh

Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14971 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:11 AM

I'm not liking the Noble Pils.

#63 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21365 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:57 PM

Why do you hate America? :cheers: It's a nice beer to have around.

#64 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:10 PM

Yea, I'm thinking for as far as a Sam Adams Seasonal goes, this beer is pretty damn good! I'm tired of the fruit wheats that they always do, and this beer is great! Slight floral, minty hops; Man I could go for one right now!I'll have to make due with my 2 hearted clone and my own Bo Pils

#65 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68759 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:17 PM

Why do you hate America? :cheers: It's a nice beer to have around.

it's OK, but I guess I was expecting it to be a scaled down version of the Imperial Pilsner, which it just ain't

Edited by miccullen, 30 March 2010 - 10:18 PM.

#66 Howie

Howie

Feltersnatch

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14734 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:51 AM

it's OK, but I guess I was expecting it to be a scaled down version of the Imperial Pilsner, which it just ain't

Man, I really have not enjoyed the Imperial Pils. Maybe I just wasn't getting it very fresh, though I know I bought it as soon as I first saw it. Overly malty, seriously lacking in hops, and oxidized/caramelly.Summer Ale is out now, so it looks like Noble Pils is gone for the short term. That being said, I saw they have a new IPA out called "Latitude 48" or something like that. Only available in the summer mix pack, which I didn't want, so I haven't tried it.

#67 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64091 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

The more I drink of this beer, the less I like it.I mean, it's still really good, and I've had quite a bit of it lately. However, there is a definite "buttery" quality - particularly if it warms up.I recently tried it head to head with Prima Pils, and I don't really care for the Prima. I guess it's a German style pils, but it's a little too dry and harsh on the tongue for my tastes. Actually, I don't think I've ever had a Victory beer that I really cared much for. Sorry. . .Gordon Biersch has a really good and very clean pils, but I'd prefer more hops. Dan's definitely not a hophead!I think SA nailed a great hop quality in theirs, and I like the malt profile as well. They just need to clean up the diacetyl.

Ouch, no love for Victory, eh? I've liked pretty much everything I've had from them. The Prima is the best new beer I've had in a while.

Edited by JKoravos, 31 March 2010 - 08:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users