#21 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:16 PM

The blending experiments continue tonight. On the third blend along with a mandatory Friday night whiskey.

#22 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:37 AM

Last night (Fri Night) included Couple pints of my OktoberfestIrish RedBottle of Starr Hill (VA) Northern Lights IPA.Nice night and looking forward to more today. Football Football Football.

#23 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:48 AM

No beer for me last night (trying to watch my weight and liver).

#24 beach

beach

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1160 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:31 AM

Last night I had a SNPA while a couple of Schlafly Oktoberfest bottles chilled. My pipeline is finally filling up after 7 weeks of no homebrew. :D My Two Hearted AIPA should be ready to drink today. :facepalm: Beach

#25 Howie

Howie

Feltersnatch

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14736 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:54 PM

-SN Wet Hop Ale-Bells Double Cream StoutPumpkin Tasting (split these with the wife):-Cottonwood Pumpkin-Thirsty Dog Pumpkin-Wolaver's Will Stevens Pumpkin-Four + Brewing Punk'N

#26 Salsgebom

Salsgebom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

Lets see, last night was a beer and food pairing followed by some bars. There was a definite NC theme.LoneRider Shotgun Betty with sweet apple sausage and smoked cheeseFull Steam Sweet Potato ale with a sweet bean wrapBig Boss Bad Penny with "tarts" made out of steak, caramelized onions and some sort of tart fruitDuck Rabbit Milk Stout with two types of chocolate, one with rosemary and another with cherriesTriangle Belgian GoldenFrench Broad PorterFoothills People's PorterLagunitas IPABrooklyn LagerAvery MaharajaUnibrou EphemereThats all I remember but I'm sure there was more.

#27 al_bob

al_bob

Bamahout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11032 posts
  • LocationMidland, Texas USA

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:39 PM

Lets see, last night was a beer and food pairing followed by some bars. There was a definite NC theme.LoneRider Shotgun Betty with sweet apple sausage and smoked cheeseFull Steam Sweet Potato ale with a sweet bean wrapBig Boss Bad Penny with "tarts" made out of steak, caramelized onions and some sort of tart fruitDuck Rabbit Milk Stout with two types of chocolate, one with rosemary and another with cherriesTriangle Belgian GoldenFrench Broad PorterFoothills People's PorterLagunitas IPABrooklyn LagerAvery MaharajaUnibrou EphemereThats all I remember but I'm sure there was more.

Damn!I had Seetwater IPA, and Old Rasputin while watching the Florida game then the Bama game.We got Bells brews here in Birmingham this week and the Two Hearted Ale will be here this coming week! I'm stoked. It's definitely one of my favorites. And, much to my luck, I just happen to be doing a project for the local distributor. Ahhh, life is good with plenty of beer!I hope to be back brewing this coming week, too. My last RIS was at a friends and when I went back it was mysteriously empty.... I'm taking that as a compliment.... I guess.

#28 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:50 PM

Had a Flying Dog Pale Ale followed by an MLPA...I'll update more later...cause there will be more... :)

#29 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:53 PM

Last night was a bomber of Laurewood's Wry pale ale followed up by 3 PBRs and my wheaty porter.tonight will be PBR and maybe a cantillon iris

#30 CarlosM

CarlosM

SeƱor Joykill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:16 PM

I havent drank since friday night :)

#31 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64095 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

I grabbed a 6-pack of 21st Amendment Brew Free or Die IPA. I've been drinking it the last few days. Good stuff. I'm surprised they're distributing out here. I was looking forward to trying some of their stuff when I go out to Cali in November, but I guess I don't have to wait.

#32 Bevo

Bevo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:55 AM

I picked up some of the Sam Adams Longshot...The Double IPA is pretty good, hell all of them are pretty good. There is a Double IPA, a Traditional Bock and a Cranberry Wit. Any one ever have any of these from the Sam Adams Longshot package?

#33 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:36 AM

Had ~pint of my AIPA last night after mowing the lawn - damn that's good stuff....

#34 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:41 AM

Last night was the final pint of my first keg of Oktoberfest. Whee seemed to take forever even though it was/is a great beer.Finished the night with a pint of my Hop Bursted India Brown Ale. MMMMM Hops

#35 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:58 AM

Went to dinner at some friend's house last night. Was drinking Moose Drool and Sea Dog Blueberry Wheat Ale, which I infused with scoops of real Maine blueberries right into my glass!

#36 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64095 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:42 AM

Went to dinner at some friend's house last night. Was drinking Moose Drool and Sea Dog Blueberry Wheat Ale, which I infused with scoops of real Maine blueberries right into my glass!

Nice. There's a bar around here that adds a scoop of blueberries to their blueberry ale. It's awesome.

#37 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54129 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:38 AM

You add whole blueberries to the glass? Does it add flavor? I would think that they would have to be smashed up first... which would result in a nasty-looking glass of beer. But I have had that Sea Dog Blueberry and thought it was a nice beer.

#38 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:03 AM

You add whole blueberries to the glass? Does it add flavor? I would think that they would have to be smashed up first... which would result in a nasty-looking glass of beer. But I have had that Sea Dog Blueberry and thought it was a nice beer.

Yeah, I was in Maine last week and the bartender I was ordering pint after pint of Sea Dog Blueberry Wheat from scooping a spoonful of small blueberries into the beer. The blueberries alone probably don't add much flavor, but if you try to eat a couple of the blueberries with each swallow...you can taste them then.

#39 al_bob

al_bob

Bamahout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11032 posts
  • LocationMidland, Texas USA

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:20 AM

Beer life here is getting better and better since changing our ABV laws. We got Bell's Two Hearted Ale here on Wednesday! Last night I started out with Sweetwater IPA, and then Bell's THA, and finished with an Old Rasputin. I'm on my way over to a friends house to wath Bama and Tennessee play football and work on that case of THA some more! :) https://www.brews-br...tyle_emoticons/default/headbang.gif

#40 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64095 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:28 AM

Beer life here is getting better and better since changing our ABV laws. We got Bell's Two Hearted Ale here on Wednesday! Last night I started out with Sweetwater IPA, and then Bell's THA, and finished with an Old Rasputin. I'm on my way over to a friends house to wath Bama and Tennessee play football and work on that case of THA some more! :) https://www.brews-br...tyle_emoticons/default/headbang.gif

It must be awesome to all of a sudden have all these great beers available to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users