#41 al_bob

al_bob

Bamahout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11032 posts
  • LocationMidland, Texas USA

Posted 24 October 2009 - 10:22 AM

It must be awesome to all of a sudden have all these great beers available to you.

Yeah, it's really great. We were always able to drive to Atlanta and get about anything, and we'll miss those road trips (which always included visits to at least 4-5 brewpubs and or beer bars, always having lunch at one, then hitting Greens Package store for the supplies for back home...), but it's nice to start getting some real selections right here at home.We still have a restriction on container size, which prevents a lot of great beers in 22oz./750ml bottles. That's our next fight in the legislature this coming year.Do you like that 21st Amendment IPA? I wonder if we might could get it here. We have a great market for beer because of being the largest city in the state. I know the best distributor in the state, here, and he's doing good so far. He told me yesterday we have Anderson Valley coming next. I'll get him to look into the 21st Amendment. I love IPA's and have been lobbying him and others to get them on the shelves here, forever. :)

#42 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64096 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:41 AM

We still have a restriction on container size, which prevents a lot of great beers in 22oz./750ml bottles. That's our next fight in the legislature this coming year.

:)

Do you like that 21st Amendment IPA? I wonder if we might could get it here. We have a great market for beer because of being the largest city in the state. I know the best distributor in the state, here, and he's doing good so far. He told me yesterday we have Anderson Valley coming next. I'll get him to look into the 21st Amendment. I love IPA's and have been lobbying him and others to get them on the shelves here, forever.

Yeah, the 21A IPA is pretty good...and it comes in cans, which is a big bonus IMO. I like bringing beer hiking and cans make it very easy. The more selection in cans the better.

#43 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:05 PM

I started my evening with three pints of Moose Drool followed by Magic Hat's #9. Then really settled in with some Schlafly Pumpkin Ale and Mike McDole's Double IPA from the Sam Adams Longshot pack....Moose Drool is much better in bottles/cans than on draft...IMO

#44 al_bob

al_bob

Bamahout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11032 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 10:03 PM

Today and tonight during football; Bell's THA, Sweetwater IPA, Oscar Blues Mothers Little Yellow Pils, Victory Prima Pils, SN Anniversary Ale and Old Rasputin..... oh, and Dogfish Head 60 min..meh.

#45 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:34 AM

A pretty quiet Saturday night beer drinking wise for me....a Sam Adams Oktoberfest followed by a Schlafly Pale Ale....and that was it...something's wrong with me I think!

#46 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:20 AM

a couple of Schlafly Oktoberfest bottles

:) :cheers: :rolf: DJ came into town, and we hit up MBC for some samples, an Irish Pub for lunch with O'Fallon House Ale (Irish Red) and Arcadia Sky High Rye, then we spent all night at the Schlafly Bottleworks downing Old Ale, Dry Hopped APA, Pilsner and Coffee Stout with a bunch of brewers and friends.

#47 CarlosM

CarlosM

SeƱor Joykill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:15 AM

around 8 Goose Island 312's and a handful of jelloshots, a few jagerbombs.

#48 consumptionjunction

consumptionjunction

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:00 PM

Nogne-O Imperial Stout.

#49 Salsgebom

Salsgebom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:25 PM

I had the New Holland Smoked Rye Doppelbock last night. It was pretty damn good! It's no Shlenkerla Smoked Urbock on cask at the brewery in Bamberg, but it was good :cheers:

#50 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9734 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:05 PM

Buffalo Trace bourbon. mmm mmm MMM

#51 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:56 PM

Nogne-O Imperial Stout.

What did you think of that? I tgets a lot of hype, but I had it a few months ago and did not care for it. For the $$ i would go for so many other RISs. Maybe I just misssed it.As long as I am in this thread- last night I only had a couple of my vanilla QSSs, cuz I was rinkin all day judging the SNERHC. 265 entiris this year, some really good ones too. My oaked RIS made it to the 5th in BOS (2nd straight comp) and got beat out by a tripel. I judged the tripel in a miniBOS to advance it, and I thought it was a 35-38 beer at best. Mine scored 46/47, and got beat! Gave me something to drink for last night when I got home.

#52 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:02 PM

Deschutes Jubilale 2009, Southhampton Pumpkin Ale, and Boulder Beer's Cold Hop (one of my new favorites)

#53 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:50 PM

I had the New Holland Smoked Rye Doppelbock last night. It was pretty damn good! It's no Shlenkerla Smoked Urbock on cask at the brewery in Bamberg, but it was good :facepalm:

Oh man, that New Holland brew is like bacon to me. The best Smoked beer I've had was Goose Island's "Second-hand Smoked." I had that New holland a few weeks ago, and I'm really glad I split the bottle with a bunch of friends cause I know I wouldn't be able to finish it all by myself.

#54 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:09 AM

My keg of Memory Lapse Pale Ale is improving by the day....so I pulled two pints off that. Then switched to a Waltzing Matylda Belgian Wit and ended my MNF watching with a O'Fallon Pumpkin Ale. I think O'Fallon might take the cake in the St. Louis pumpkin beer category this year. Better than Schlafly this year at least, IMO. Drew, did you guys do something different? Because last year's kicked ass....don't get me wrong, it's still really good. In fact, I plan on having plenty of Thursday at Bottleworks....

#55 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9734 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:09 AM

Brooklyn Local 2 and a New Belgium 1554

#56 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:27 AM

I cracked open an 08 Troegs Mad Elf last night. I've been collecting these for the past 2 years and I'm looking forward to getting some of the 09 and comparing the 3 years to see if this beer ages well or not. Last year we compared the 07 to the 08 and I liked the 08 better. We'll see what this year holds!

#57 al_bob

al_bob

Bamahout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11032 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:51 AM

Two Hearted Ale, Sweetwater IPA, and Old Rasputin.... again. Man, this is just a grind. :) Tonight is Tuesday, and I always meet some friends at the pub tonight (The J Clyde), and on Thursdays. So, we'll be trying a lot more.Then, back to my grind, of SW IPA, THA, and Old Rasputin.... ho hum.. :facepalm:

#58 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:00 AM

Right now, I'm enjoying the keg of MLPA I've got going. So I had some of that and a bottle of my SNPA clone. Lotsa Cascade presence there which I love. We're hosting a Halloween party this weekend so I've got a keg of my Spooky Spiced Pumpkin Ale ready to go along with a keg my my Jim's Brown Bear Ale that will be carbed tonight and ready to go by Saturday.

#59 nbbeerguy

nbbeerguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationFredericton NB Canada

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:48 AM

Amarillo Pale Ale(MLPA with Amirallo hops and Caramunich II instead of Crystal malt)Well i geuss its a bit off from MLPA same color though :)

Edited by nbbeerguy, 29 October 2009 - 09:20 AM.

#60 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

I split a sixer of Old Chub Scottish Ale from Oskar Blues with my wife last night. At 8% it gets you going pretty quickly. I had a half cord of firewood to stack and some kindling to make and the Chub made it not seem so bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users