#1 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:30 AM

I had two Sam Adams Oktoberfests on draft at the local pizza joint in town. Then I got home and took a big draw of MLPA fresh out of the keg....MMMMM!

#2 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:34 AM

Last night was a light drinking night for me. Had a pint of my Chocolate Rye Stout and a pint of a India Brown Ale that I brewed as well. I am sure I will make up for it over the weekend. Have a great one.

#3 ChicagoWaterGuy

ChicagoWaterGuy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3234 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:43 AM

Rockbottom rye ipa on draftfirestone walker union jack bomberdeschutes red rye ipa bombergooseisland red felt bomberAll were split with my wife except the red felt. she was out like a light by that time.Goodtimes.

#4 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:43 AM

Went to the Vine St. Pub had a Cleveland Brown on nitro and a Yonder Mountain Stout

#5 consumptionjunction

consumptionjunction

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:01 AM

Actually ran a tasting for a friend last night...Among some of the enjoyments:Sea Dog Blue Paw Wheat AleShipyard PumpkinheadSmuttynose Pumpkin AleJulius Echter Hefe-WeissbierWolaver's Brown AleHe'Brew Messiah BoldRogue American Amber AleBoulder Beer Cold HopGreat Divide Titan IPAGreat Divide Rye LagerHeavy Seas Loose Cannon Hop3 AleTerrapin Rye SquaredTerrapin India BrownStoudts Double IPADFH Festina PecheDFH Chicory StoutDFH 60 Minute IPADFH PunkinGreen King Strong Suffolk Vintage AleMy homebrew: Fem-Fat Ale (Hopbursted IPA)One incredibly notable Belgian Abbey Style Tripel that I can't remember the name of... And a whole bunch of other stuff not worth noting and that I'm having trouble remembering right now. Sadly, most people took to the Seadog and pumpkin beers, but I was successful in turning some women on to the IPAs.

#6 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:21 AM

I decided to pull samples last night to check progress. I tried my:Liquid stupid clonevanilla cinnamon metheglinFlanders brownBelgian Quad2007 CA Sangiovese2008 CA Zin, Syrah, and Cab2009 CO SyrahHappy to report everything is movin right along :D

#7 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

I decided to pull samples last night to check progress. I tried my:Liquid stupid clonevanilla cinnamon metheglinFlanders brownBelgian Quad2007 CA Sangiovese2008 CA Zin, Syrah, and Cab2009 CO SyrahHappy to report everything is movin right along :D

I'll be right over

#8 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:29 AM

I decided to try blending pints of an all Amarillo IPA that was a little overcarbed with a Centennial IPA that is, as yet, undercarbed. I was forced to repeat the experiment four times to verify the results :D I may have to revisit it all over again tonight.

#9 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9734 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:44 AM

I got home late last night and just had a DFH Palo Santo. I really like that stuff even though it is pricey.

#10 Jimvy

Jimvy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:46 AM

I had two Sam Adams Oktoberfests on draft at the local pizza joint in town. Then I got home and took a big draw of MLPA fresh out of the keg....MMMMM!

This topic seems vaguely familar....located in STL....hmmmm :D

#11 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:58 AM

This topic seems vaguely familar....located in STL....hmmmm :D

Oh, it's a complete rip off of that thread. Thought I'd get more of a "national" sample of what folks are sipping...

#12 gumballhead

gumballhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Locationsw michigan

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:43 PM

I decided to try blending pints of an all Amarillo IPA that was a little overcarbed with a Centennial IPA that is, as yet, undercarbed. I was forced to repeat the experiment four times to verify the results :covreyes: I may have to revisit it all over again tonight.

Glad to hear that the expeiment is on-going and going Well. :D I had several Founder's Reds Rye and Finished the night off with Several "Uncle BS"founders Breakfast stout clone. :facepalm: there may have been a pint of 3F Gumballhead in there too but who's counting....

#13 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:10 PM

Posted Image

#14 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64096 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:55 PM

I drank my IPA. I'm trying to kill it before my IIPA is ready. The current brew is low on hop flavor/aroma because I used some pretty old hops. I'm looking forward to have a real hop bomb on tap.

Edited by JKoravos, 16 October 2009 - 01:57 PM.

#15 Shadowmage36

Shadowmage36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNewark, Delaware

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:03 PM

One entire large bottle of Lindeman's Framboise. The ladyfriend was also drinking one of her own. After this we both proceeded to promply PTFO. I would LOVE to be able to make that stuff myself, but I don't have the equipment to be able to dedicate for months to a proper lambic fermentation... :covreyes: :facepalm: :D

#16 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:09 PM

I had homebrew(brown ale/amarillo ale). and first tonight im trying a bell's rye stout . Have not had one yet and already read some reviews.And its after 5 pm here so it might be soon.

#17 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54135 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

Chad... I'm with you on the MLPA. Gonna have a few tonight too.Posted Image

#18 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10740 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:20 PM

I got a growler of Avery Czar RIS from a friend. We nomally can't get Avery products in this area. Very tasty and I'll be checking with my local distributor about getting some more.

#19 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:56 PM

last night I had a few pints of my Pale Ale. Tonight I've started off with a couple bottles of SA Oktoberfests. Who know what else the night will bring....

#20 realbeerguy

realbeerguy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1974 posts
  • LocationBluffton, SC

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:31 PM

2 pints of my Homer Pail Ale after a particulary long POA meeting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users