#21 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64255 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:19 AM

I think I'm responsible for the price drop. I freaked out last year and bought 25+ lb. at the $30/lb. price.

:cheers:Hey, don't feel so bad, my LHBS is still selling pounds of Saaz for $50. :cheers:

#22 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:43 AM

These threads always cost me. Ordered a lb of Cents and Amarillo.

#23 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:44 PM

Definitely time to stock up! Thanks for the heads up! :P

#24 pete maz

pete maz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationInman, SC

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:49 PM

I just realized this yesterday myself, so I ordered 4 lbs. It's nice when I can actually time something right. I'm hoping the Hops Direct "1 pound rule" will be in effect as well. They're obviously clearing out for this year's harvest, so I figure chances are pretty good.

#25 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:57 AM

I think I'm responsible for the price drop. I freaked out last year and bought 25+ lb. at the $30/lb. price. I still have most of them left, so of course prices are going down!

Thanks for taking one for the team Denny. :PSeriously though, considering how it was going, $30 a pound actually sounded reasonable back then.

#26 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9093 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:06 AM

Thanks for taking one for the team Denny. :PSeriously though, considering how it was going, $30 a pound actually sounded reasonable back then.

That was my thinking, too. I was looking through the freezer last weekend, and I've still got a few lb. that I haven't even opened yet!

#27 nbbeerguy

nbbeerguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationFredericton NB Canada

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:14 AM

God i hope prices are still low on the 15th good old payday

#28 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:17 AM

Mr. Valentine says "buy!"Posted Image

#29 Patrick C.

Patrick C.

Comproller of Toilet Tank Vodka

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8941 posts
  • LocationAcworth GA

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:52 PM

Okay, Willamette prices have been dropping all morning, which means that everybody is waiting for it to hit rock bottom, so they can buy low. Which means that the people who own the Willamette contracts are saying, "Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna f... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!" So they're panicking right now, they're screaming "SELL! SELL!" to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it.

#30 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48187 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:56 PM

Okay, Willamette prices have been dropping all morning, which means that everybody is waiting for it to hit rock bottom, so they can buy low. Which means that the people who own the Willamette contracts are saying, "Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna f... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!" So they're panicking right now, they're screaming "SELL! SELL!" to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it.

:P

#31 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64255 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:28 PM

LOL, nice.

#32 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64255 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:05 PM

They started posting up the new crop of leafs...and the prices are STILL low. Pretty much everything is <$15/lb.

#33 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18093 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:17 AM

Well .. I got 6# of the 2008 crop. Prices were to low to pass up. Other than yeast I should be all set for about a year :D

#34 JimNasium

JimNasium

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:29 AM

For my first post over here I'll fess up and admit to an 11 pound purchase this morning. :P

Item 01: 1 each HCOLP1 Columbus Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 12.75 Item 02: 1 each HCEP1 Centennial Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 10.75 Item 03: 1 each HCHINP1 Chinook Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 9.75 Item 04: 1 each HCASP1 Cascade Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 8.75 Item 05: 1 each HSTRFRP1 French Strisselspalt (Alsace) Hop Pellets 1 lb. $ 9.75 Item 06: 1 each HWILP1 Willamette Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 6.75 Item 07: 1 each HLIBP1 Liberty Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 9.75 Item 08: 1 each HHALGP1 Hallertau Pellets (GR) 1 lb. $ 10.75 Item 09: 1 each HFGP1 First Gold Pelleted Hops: 1 lb. $ 9.75 Item 10: 1 each HNBGRP1 Northern Brewer (GR) Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 13.75 Item 11: 1 each HCSAAZP1 Czech Saaz Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 13.75

SWMBO is going to kick my ass. Thank God my brewing season is finally here!

#35 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64255 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:15 AM

For my first post over here I'll fess up and admit to an 11 pound purchase this morning. :devil: SWMBO is going to kick my ass. Thank God my brewing season is finally here!

Woo Hoo!!!! :smilielol:Good luck with the wife. :P

#36 pete maz

pete maz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationInman, SC

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:38 AM

They started posting up the new crop of leafs...and the prices are STILL low. Pretty much everything is <$15/lb.

Dang, does this mean I need to make another purchase? I can see me trying to explain that one to the wife...

#37 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64255 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:50 AM

Dang, does this mean I need to make another purchase? I can see me trying to explain that one to the wife...

Yeah, tell her it's not cool to have '08 crop anymore. All the cool kids are using '09 and OMFG you HAVE to have them!!!!

#38 pete maz

pete maz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationInman, SC

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:29 AM

Yeah, tell her it's not cool to have '08 crop anymore. All the cool kids are using '09 and OMFG you HAVE to have them!!!!

"Honey, some large man on a message board named Terry Tate threatened to kick my ass when he found out I only had the '08 crop."This has possibilities...

#39 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:29 PM

For my first post over here I'll fess up and admit to an 11 pound purchase this morning. :P SWMBO is going to kick my ass. Thank God my brewing season is finally here!

*Golf Clap*Welcome!

#40 pete maz

pete maz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationInman, SC

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:28 PM

For my first post over here I'll fess up and admit to an 11 pound purchase this morning. :P SWMBO is going to kick my ass. Thank God my brewing season is finally here!

Maybe if you use them up real quick.....uh.....she.....like, won't notice or something?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users