#41 bierboy

bierboy

Comptroller of Temporary Pancakes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15750 posts
  • LocationThe Firey Pits of Liberal Hell

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:19 PM

So a buddy of mine works at the distro center outside of Lawrence, and was telling me some horror stories about how this place is run. For starters, NO overtime even though he works OVER 40 hours a week. Second, the plant owner is part of Budweiser's "cost-efficiency" crew, and he fired over half the staff upon taking over the plant! What's worse, as part of their "cost-reduction", he decided to strip the truck drivers of their company provided cell phones and forced them to use THEIR OWN PHONES to talk to customers (consequently all of the managers use iPhones now). Man, what a great company to work for! :(

Sounds like your buddy works for a distrbutor. He needs to file a complaint with both the state and federal Dept of Labor. The state is going to do the investigation, but you want complaints with both. If he goes through with it he needs to find a lawyer prior to the complaint as he will be fired if his employers find out he filed a complaint. That I guarantee. If there is a valid labor complaint then he will recover any legal fees. Honestly, his best bet is to find a new job and then file the complaint.

#42 brewskee

brewskee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:59 PM

It may not be something that most posters here would seek out. But they do a fine job of making what they intend to brew. I would be hard pressed to duplicate some of their beers. Fortunately that is not on my list of things to do.Spent a weekend in the Ozarks with some old friends from St. Louis a few weeks ago - their loyalty to AB is really starting to fade fast. I think the takeover is an ongoing boost for local craft beers in STL. And that is great.

What they make is "product" that goes into "markets" and is drank by "consumers"...corporate ethos is pathetic, and the fact that even the holiest of grails (beer) has now been made into a mass marketing force fed cheap shit product is even more pathetic.

You gotta give AB credit when it comes to process control (which is 90% of brewing). Craft brewers could never dream of the level of refinement AB has in their process. Sure, the beer sucks, but they choose to brew sucky beer. If they wanted to compete with Russian River, Dogfish Head, etc, they would...and they would probably put them out of business. So, let's be glad that AB et al choose to brew crappy beer. :(

I don't know that I believe that...

Brewskee, does he work for AB/Inbev or does he work for a distributor? Since there is no AB brewery in Lawrence, I assume he works for a distributor. Like wengared said, this is totally different than working for AB. The distributors generally make a ton of money (ask McCain's in-laws), but I'm sure a lot of them do that by not paying the drivers any more than they have to.

He works for a distributor.

I wish! Salaried employees get paid the premium so that they can't bitch. They are "expected" to work whatever hours are necessary to accomplish the task in a timely and accurate manner.

I guess...

Yes, I am a lawyer... and yes, lawyers can talk out of their butts too! :-)CAVEAT: I am not an employment lawyer. No one on this board should consider themselves a "client". Any "opinion" provided hereafter has not been researched and is only an opinion based upon general legal principals of "proving ones case".Employment law is not my strong suit (I didn't even take an employment law class, and have been doing RE Transactions for the last 10 years), but there is nothing to prevent a group of employees from challenging their status. The merits of each case would be different depending on duties, etc. But I suppose a group of drivers "could" challenge their salaried status. However, doing so may put them a step backwards in terms of pay scale, benefits, etc. Let's face it, there are certain advantages to being "salaried" that you don't get as an "hourly". In the end, it's all a trade off, isn't it? There is no true balance in this game.

Who the #### let lawyers on this board? Or are you gonna sue me for saying that?

#43 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:51 AM

Who the #### let lawyers on this board? Or are you gonna sue me for saying that?

Let's not cast dispersions on ones profession. I'm not here as a lawyer, but was engaging in some friendly banter on the issue. After hanging around with engineers, I could say plenty about them, but I don't. With that being said... I'm a gonna consult my shrink about the emotional distress that you have caused me by the comment above, go to the law library and figure out which would be the best jurisdiction to file in (my state, your state or the state where the board is located), figure out what the Statute of Limitations is and then hit you with a law suit on the last possible day. Could be a ticking time bomb (financially speaking) for you anywhere between 3 and 10 years from today! LOL :( BREW ON BROTHERS!

#44 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64145 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:45 PM

I don't know that I believe that...

Believe what? AB's process control is top notch.

#45 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:53 PM

Believe what? AB's process control is top notch.

That is talking through your hat brewskee. I understand your sentiment and most of us feel the same. I've had the opportunity to visit with the head guy at the "little brewery" that AB has in STL a few times. They can make whatever they damn well feel like and have the know how to do it. It's just their choice not to brew it.Sorry to be so blunt but that is what it is there.

#46 Patrick C.

Patrick C.

Comproller of Toilet Tank Vodka

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8906 posts
  • LocationAcworth GA

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:25 PM

Is the mean time between AB hater threads the same as on the Green Board? B)

#47 macbrak

macbrak

Comptroller of PUI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationGhost of Jobs Planet

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:40 PM

Yay Belgium!

#48 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:09 AM

He works for a distributor.

So this thread should really be called "#### My Local AB distributor!"

#49 brewskee

brewskee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:26 PM

So this thread should really be called "#### My Local AB distributor!"

True, but AB still ####in blows!

#50 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:08 AM

True, but AB still ####in blows!

you'll have to start a new thread to qualify this claim a bit...

#51 brewskee

brewskee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:00 AM

you'll have to start a new thread to qualify this claim a bit...

Why is that? It's as simple as picking up any Budweiser product and trying it out!

#52 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:50 AM

Why is that? It's as simple as picking up any Budweiser product and trying it out!

It's kind of like picking up an Pale Ale and expecting an Imperial Porter. I think they do the style well - you just don't like that style :)

#53 brewskee

brewskee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:34 PM

It's kind of like picking up an Pale Ale and expecting an Imperial Porter. I think they do the style well - you just don't like that style :smilielol:

Damn ####in straight I don't...if you can call a watered-down, filler ridden joke of a "pilsner" a style! :smilielol:

#54 siouxbrewer

siouxbrewer

Comptroller of Teh Beefs and other beeflike animals that are tas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8263 posts
  • LocationGreat Plains, KS

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:09 PM

Damn ####in straight I don't...if you can call a watered-down, filler ridden joke of a "pilsner" a style!

I think the style is American Lager but I could be wrong :smilielol:

#55 Slainte

Slainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:13 PM

PBR is the best. It's called "Blue Ribbon" for a reason mother####ers.The Bud lagers all taste like green apple.

#56 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:14 PM

I think the style is American Lager but I could be wrong :smilielol:

:smilielol:

#57 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:22 PM

PBR is the best. It's called "Blue Ribbon" for a reason mother####ers.

+100

#58 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64145 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:36 PM

Damn ####in straight I don't...if you can call a watered-down, filler ridden joke of a "pilsner" a style! :smilielol:

No, you call it the most popular beer in the world.

#59 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:47 PM

Posted Imagej/k - I love you guys :smilielol:

#60 japh

japh

Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14977 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:50 PM

Adds another point to my "people are dumb" list.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users