#61 dondewey

dondewey

No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11699 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:38 PM

4 gallons is a pretty good amount, more than I would have thought. Something to keep in mind, anyway. I'm going to see how my pressure cooker works out. If I need to upgrade I may consider that. How do you know so much about commercial espresso boilers?

I've rebuilt a handful, but am sticking to the smaller ones from now on (you can barely break even on the multi group machines).So, how are you planning on introducing the steam to the mash? Just back flowing through the same manifold you drain through? Any proportional valves in your build?

#62 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64143 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:08 PM

I've rebuilt a handful, but am sticking to the smaller ones from now on (you can barely break even on the multi group machines).So, how are you planning on introducing the steam to the mash? Just back flowing through the same manifold you drain through? Any proportional valves in your build?

Yup, just flowing through the manifold. A 1/2 solenoid will turn the steam on and I'll have a manual valve in line to do a one time flow rate set, then just leave it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users