439 replies to this topic

#241 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113148 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hey Marmot(stirs pot just for fun)Just curious...Did I pay you back? With the interest you insisted upon?Or not? Can't quite remember...

#242 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31639 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

*waits for chicken nugget comment, and resulting implosion*

#243 LibraAle

LibraAle

Comptroller of Nuns and Apostles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1970 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

I also can't take you seriously if you think tankard didn't know why he was making enemies or doing it intentionally...

Remember... he was thoroughly briefed on this place before he joined!

YDIWwhat you should do... AKA, what I myself would do...is post in every single Deerslyr thread...... twice. THEN you will fit in to the PH. :devil:

Didn't you say that you had nothing left to contribute to this thread about 50 posts ago?

#244 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

And I thanked you for your honesty.I am perfectly aware that I am not loved by all. I have been from day 1. Even the mix tape had basically the same few people posting. Don't make this out like I have some big ego. I don't.I don't think I try too hard. You think I do. I am being myself. At a party, you eould have walked away from me. I would have seen it. Cant see that in a forum... I won't apologize for that. You could have PMd me anytime.All you have done here is create a thread where your peers are going to bash you and others will agree with you and bash me. You may have well created a "should we kick weep off the island poll". Not good for me or you.Do you want the answer to that question?I pray the mods lock this thread. Its ####ing juvenile. You wish we had neg 1s so we can make fun of the people who like the people you don't ? Grow up. I knew you were serious about the negs but hoped my gut feeling was off. I am so disappointed.I will stay far away from your threads, Deerslyr. Honestly. It's not a big deal.

You weren't around for the negative rating system. It was an efficient way for someone to find out that they had gone too far and rubbed people the wrong way. You asked if I want the answer to that question, yet you didn't ask a question. If you have one, ask one. Frankly, I don't care if my peers bash me. Stain and I have been down this road before and jumped all over each other... but I'm certain you would never be able to perceive that. We moved on, and frankly probably understand each other much better for it. I've had my run-ins with Dis... again you wouldn't perceive that. You shouldn't care if anyone else (in other words... me) bashes you. The question is whether you or I will learn anything at all from this experience. For my part, I'll likely not get as annoyed with you now that I have it off my chest. Put me on ignore if you want. It's no skin off my back, but I hope you might come away from this with some growth.

#245 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

Man i love this thread. So much anger going in so many directions. Fuel me. Your rage makes me strong!

As long as I'm calling people out... would you quit it with your temperance lectures and prosteletizing of sobriety!!!

#246 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113148 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

You weren't around for the negative rating system. It was an efficient way for someone to find out that they had gone too far and rubbed people the wrong way.

in reality though you are making an assumption here -- that people cared. I honestly (and I'm sure I am not alone) have no idea how many points I ever had, and did not have. I never got the feeling that negative points actually influenced anything.

Frankly, I don't care if my peers bash me. Stain and I have been down this road before and jumped all over each other... but I'm certain you would never be able to perceive that. We moved on, and frankly probably understand each other much better for it. I've had my run-ins with Dis... again you wouldn't perceive that. You shouldn't care if anyone else (in other words... me) bashes you. The question is whether you or I will learn anything at all from this experience. For my part, I'll likely not get as annoyed with you now that I have it off my chest. Put me on ignore if you want. It's no skin off my back, but I hope you might come away from this with some growth.

And this, I agree with - we've all gone rounds with each other. Anyone who's known me since the early days would likely say (and they'd be right) that the PH/BB has had a positive effect on me, on who I am and how I live my life. And that's a good thing. I guess what I am saying though, is don't get all uppity about the minor changes over time. You may not like how weep interacts with the PH today, right now, but man -- don't let it get to you. Just chill. Wait. Post. Have fun. Chill some more and post some more. It will all work itself out -- and eventually you won't even be able to hardly remember when there wasn't a weeperow on this board.

#247 Julius H Gardetto

Julius H Gardetto

Comptroller of Delusional Berkley Hippie Types

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25523 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

Heh. Sweet.

#248 SnowMan

SnowMan

Advanced Snowman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14633 posts
  • LocationWinter...

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

So disappointing this thread is. 13 pages, no vacations and no flounces. And we still don't have our rating system back. :crybaby:

#249 BFB

BFB

Wind Whisperer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10889 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

Epic thread is epic.

#250 shmgeggie

shmgeggie

Comptroller of Mythical Creatures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9205 posts
  • LocationPort Orchard, WA

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

Hey Marmot(stirs pot just for fun)Just curious...Did I pay you back? With the interest you insisted upon?Or not? Can't quite remember...

What was the interest rate? Sounds like it may have been a better investment than Wall Street, real-estate or a CD. Two out of those three would've lost money.

#251 CarlosM

CarlosM

SeƱor Joykill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

need moar!

#252 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113148 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

What was the interest rate? Sounds like it may have been a better investment than Wall Street, real-estate or a CD. Two out of those three would've lost money.

Again, it's not really relevant. The person who I owed originally specified 0 interest. Then later, they said since you ####ed up and didn't pay on time, i'm gonna say x% interest.I did not decide how much x% was - but I paid it willingly, in full. Would have paid it no matter what it was set at b/c I wanted to make it right. So again, I fail to see the relevance.

#253 Oblomov

Oblomov

Comptroller of Fax

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

I miss the old ratings system. It was amusing.Part of the amusement was that there were people who took it in any way seriously.Allowing meaningless internet ratings points to effect your mood is almost as stupid as getting angry over sports. :devil: :PThis thread is also amusing.Some people have made some good points.Some people seem to think they are making some good points, when they clearly aren't.Fussy self-importance always draws a chuckle from me. ;) I love this place.

#254 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113148 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

I miss the old ratings system. It was amusing.Part of the amusement was that there were people who took it in any way seriously.Allowing meaningless internet ratings points to effect your mood is almost as stupid as getting angry over sports. :devil: :P

Yep. This. I never once let the amount of -1's affect me, my thoughts, my attitude,or my posting.People who do: amuse me.

#255 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

Can we all get along?MolBasser

#256 siouxbrewer

siouxbrewer

Comptroller of Teh Beefs and other beeflike animals that are tas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8284 posts
  • LocationGreat Plains, KS

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

Dammit Basser don't you ruin this! :stabby: :stabby: :stabby:

#257 Oblomov

Oblomov

Comptroller of Fax

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

That hope is as dead as Rodney King. :devil:

#258 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10886 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

So disappointing this thread is. 13 pages, no vacations and no flounces.And we still don't have our rating system back. :crybaby:

nor the sailing forum

#259 awall

awall

Comptroller of Being a Cool Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10394 posts
  • LocationRowley

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

Waiting for the "gotcha" post...

#260 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man