- - - - -

GABF '09

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#21 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:19 AM

Just booked at the Sheraton. $89.00/night. 3 blocks from the Convention Center.

#22 DrunkenPanther

DrunkenPanther

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:20 AM

Just booked at the Sheraton. $89.00/night. 3 blocks from the Convention Center.

My wife and I are in the same joint. Planning on partying like KISS....so I doubt we will be allowed back.

#23 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:07 PM

I'll be at the Saturday AHA session. Not the usual GABF football matchup this year, (UF at Kensucky, LSU at Miss St.) so I won't get to taunt MtnBrewer as much. My goal this year is to make it to at least one of the Falling Rock events/keg tappings. I'm up for the homebrew tasting too, wherever it may be. Looks like I'm working that Friday, but that can be taken care of.

#24 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:01 PM

Sweet....we can beat Moo State.

#25 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:18 PM

Sweet....we can beat Moo State.

You'll need it. It'll be 4, maybe 5 weeks until you win another. :D

#26 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:35 AM

Anyone heading to the Mile High City for the big festival?! I was in Denver last week and our conference was held at the Denver Convention Center. All I could think about was how glorious that place would be full of all those tasty brews....mmmmmm!

#27 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:47 AM

yes, and I am walking to it

#28 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:53 AM

I'm looking for suggestions for the homebrew tasting this year. The problem we've had the last couple of years is that we've been doing it on Friday and have failed to make the trek down to Falling Rock later. In fact, there's been no later. We've been hanging out in my room until the wee hours drinking. I don't mind that but I'd like to check out Falling Rock at some point and Friday night always seemed like the best time. So is there another night we can pick? Thursday? That's a problem for locals who are going to work on Friday. Saturday after the afternoon session? I might be on my last brain cell by then. Other ideas? I think Blktre is going to host, if not then I can do it but either way we're going to be dealing with this issue.

#29 DrunkenPanther

DrunkenPanther

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:58 AM

I'm looking for suggestions for the homebrew tasting this year. The problem we've had the last couple of years is that we've been doing it on Friday and have failed to make the trek down to Falling Rock later. In fact, there's been no later. We've been hanging out in my room until the wee hours drinking. I don't mind that but I'd like to check out Falling Rock at some point and Friday night always seemed like the best time. So is there another night we can pick? Thursday? That's a problem for locals who are going to work on Friday. Saturday after the afternoon session? I might be on my last brain cell by then. Other ideas? I think Blktre is going to host, if not then I can do it but either way we're going to be dealing with this issue.

a bunch of us from the Burgh rented a bus to haul our asses around on Wed night I think, which includes Falling Rock. I am sure I will be up for other night's as well.We are going to all the sessions except the Sat night. We are gonna take in a Rockies game that night instead and hit up the Sandlot (and falling Rock again) or something.Anyone else interested in Rockies game on Sat night?

#30 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:08 AM

Another option might be to do it during the day on Friday. That might give us a marginally better chance of making it to Falling Rock. DP, I might be up for the Rockies game. What are you doing for tix?

#31 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:35 AM

Very good point Mtn. The Falling Rock brings in some great beers that week but I usually only make it for 1 of the nights due to other things going on.So how do we space out the brain damage. Once the Falling Rock releases their lineup I'd be more inclined to pick dates but I agree, it would be good to hit more of the events going on downtown that week.Rocky's game Saturday night sounds like a good time. The wife and I would probably be in for that. We want to try and get together a head count and get a block of tickets together? I'd be willing to coordinate that effort if there is interest.

#32 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:29 AM

I wont be getting in until Fri. very early afternoon. Id like to partake on the tasting, but if most favor another night go for it. A early evening tasting, late afternoon, food, and Taphouse on Fri. sounds ok to me. Its worked this way in the past. Sounds like you need a little motivation Greg to get down the road?Also in the Sheraton.....

Edited by Blktre, 27 July 2009 - 09:31 AM.

#33 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:39 AM

Ok, I'm gonna put this out there to throw darts at. If you hate the idea, we'll think of something else.Let's do the tasting starting Friday afternoon and running into early evening. That will give blktre and the Denver locals a chance to get in on the action towards the end. Let's try to keep it somewhat sane (i.e., no friggin mead....especially from MtnBrewer). Then we can pull up stakes, go hit Chipotle or someplace for dinner and then...Posted Image

#34 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

Those are good memories and how we did it in the past...Btw Greg, a fellow LBG brewer (Brick) will be in town for the Thurs night session by himself, i thought i would hook you two up if you are going to that session?

#35 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:53 AM

Those are good memories and how we did it in the past...

That was actually from your visit (was it two years ago?) when we went to Flying Dog.

Btw Greg, a fellow LBG brewer (Brick) will be in town for the Thurs night session by himself, i thought i would hook you two up if you are going to that session?

I might. I was planning to come in on Thursday but I haven't decided whether to go to that session or not yet.

#36 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:25 AM

Ok, I'm gonna put this out there to throw darts at. If you hate the idea, we'll think of something else.Let's do the tasting starting Friday afternoon and running into early evening. That will give blktre and the Denver locals a chance to get in on the action towards the end. Let's try to keep it somewhat sane (i.e., no friggin mead....especially from MtnBrewer). Then we can pull up stakes, go hit Chipotle or someplace for dinner and then...

I can handle that. No mead, gotit. I'll just bring the 2 trippels and the quad I have conditioning now.

#37 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:28 AM

I can handle that. No mead, gotit. I'll just bring the 2 trippels and the quad I have conditioning now.

Same here. Got any Flanders? I'm planning on bringing some. Would love to compare notes.

#38 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:39 AM

Same here. Got any Flanders? I'm planning on bringing some. Would love to compare notes.

I'll see how my brown is but I'm guessing it won't be done by then. My red from the previous year is dull to say the least. It just never really did anything, never soured and just got a weird flavor. If I get on the ball I should be able to get at least some of my lambic in bottles and have it ready in time. So if all goes well I should have a couple interesting ones to bring.

#39 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:33 PM

I will bring a 3 year old Brett beer. It never got truly sour either, but the funky character was real nice. Haven't tried it for a loooong time. I'm also going to bring a Century Stout that conditioned in a 23 year old Pappy Van Winkle barrel for 11 months.Cant wait to try your sours.

#40 DrunkenPanther

DrunkenPanther

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

Another option might be to do it during the day on Friday. That might give us a marginally better chance of making it to Falling Rock. DP, I might be up for the Rockies game. What are you doing for tix?

A brewery friend of mine might be able to score a bunch for us....I will start beating him with a stick to find out either way. Maybe i should start another thread here once I find out and see how many we might need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users