#1 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:13 AM

GABF is September 24-26 this year. Who's going, where are people planning to stay, and what sessions you planning to hit?My wife and I are in this year and we're going to hit the Saturday afternoon members only session. Then there is of course the homebrew tasting session in someone's hotel room on friday night which is always well worth it. Who's got a hotel room and doesn't mind paying the extra cleaning fee :)I'll keep an ear to the ground around here on local events as schedules get posted and beer lists published. Already looking forward to it!

#2 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:15 AM

I'm going w/a fellow LBG member. Sat afternoon session for sure. Also planning on a Homebrew tasting with Mtn. and whoever else shows up.

#3 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:26 AM

I love the GABF...i'll have to do the members only session this year, and I am down for a homebrew tasting

#4 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18084 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:59 AM

I am going with 2 friends. We are flying in Thursday and going to the Thursday night session. We are flying back out on Monday. Plan to do some brewery tours while we are out there. If anyone is interested in meeting up for a drink let me know. Have to look again were we are staying but it is one of the Marriott's that is close to the convention center.

#5 beerbaron

beerbaron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNorthern Colorado

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:17 AM

I attended a hotel room tasting last year. It was at Mtnbrewer's. It was fun but I felt bad about trashing his room. Do you all think that we could talk a licensed establishment into hosting us? We could represent ourselves as the Brews brothers homebrew club.

#6 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:32 AM

I am going with 2 friends. We are flying in Thursday and going to the Thursday night session. We are flying back out on Monday. Plan to do some brewery tours while we are out there. If anyone is interested in meeting up for a drink let me know. Have to look again were we are staying but it is one of the Marriott's that is close to the convention center.

probably the one right next to my work building on 17th and California...you're about 2 blocks away...good choice

#7 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64192 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

Ima have to see if I can schedule a business trip to Denver that weekend. :)

#8 Jimvy

Jimvy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:38 PM

I am talking to the wife about it....we might come out for a few days.

#9 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:51 PM

I'm going w/a fellow LBG member. Sat afternoon session for sure. Also planning on a Homebrew tasting with Mtn. and whoever else shows up.

Your turn to host.Jimvy, hope you can make it. We had a good time that one year. I think.

#10 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:55 PM

Your turn to host.Jimvy, hope you can make it. We had a good time that one year. I think.

What I thought trashing your room was getting to be tradition?

#11 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:49 PM

What I thought trashing your room was getting to be tradition?

That's why I want Andy to host.When you get out of bed in the morning and 2 swing-tops, 4 bombers, a half dozen 12's and a growler all get out of bed with you, there's a problem. I did get lots of free bottles though.

#12 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:04 PM

That's why I want Andy to host.When you get out of bed in the morning and 2 swing-tops, 4 bombers, a half dozen 12's and a growler all get out of bed with you, there's a problem. I did get lots of free bottles though.

Yeah, I used to get all the free bottles. It will be good to get back. Ive missed the last 2 yrs. But we all know Greg has problems. No surprise there. :)

#13 Jimvy

Jimvy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:05 PM

Yeah, definitely was a good time. If we come, I think we're going to go to just 1 or 2 sessions, and spend the rest of our time hitting pubs/breweries.....will definitely try to get together for a tasting as well.

#14 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:13 PM

Yeah, definitely was a good time. If we come, I think we're going to go to just 1 or 2 sessions, and spend the rest of our time hitting pubs/breweries.....will definitely try to get together for a tasting as well.

Same here. Probably just the Sat. afternoon session.

#15 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:43 PM

I have no idea how those could have gotten in there :)

#16 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:28 PM

I attended a hotel room tasting last year. It was at Mtnbrewer's. It was fun but I felt bad about trashing his room. Do you all think that we could talk a licensed establishment into hosting us? We could represent ourselves as the Brews brothers homebrew club.

His room looked fine to me when I left last year :) Damn, was going to skip it this year. May have to reconsider, hit town sometime Friday do some of the Beer Advocate tour, leave somebody's room in nice shape after some HB. Then hit the first session Sat.That Thursday session mixed with all day Friday with BA, then the HB and go back again Sat AM for the members session has kicked my ass was really fun the last couple years. Maybe a little less would be more fun.

Edited by dj in kc, 23 June 2009 - 06:29 PM.

#17 DrunkenPanther

DrunkenPanther

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:45 AM

Hey Strange, Tiff and I just booked our trip!Looks like in on Wed and out on Sun. Staying at the Sheraton a couple blocks from the Drunkvention Center.PITTSBURGH REPRESENTIN!Everyone back here said to say hi too!I am hoping to get at least this sloppy at GABF:Posted Image

Edited by DrunkenPanther, 24 June 2009 - 06:00 AM.

#18 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49872 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:16 AM

Someone buy me a ticket!!!! Come on, I know somebody has some frequent flyer miles burning in their pocket. I have beer. I make good company. Plus, the political clout of Mob Barley compels you. I am open for trades.

#19 Salsgebom

Salsgebom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:11 AM

I'll be poppin' my GABF cherry this year. I will be serving beer for hours on end but I really want to sample whats out there- especially the HB!

#20 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:12 AM

Just got my tickets. Now i need to find a place to stay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users