97 replies to this topic

#41 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18084 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:05 AM

Tickets came in the mail yesterday .. only 44 more days.

#42 Jimvy

Jimvy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:22 AM

I am definitely going this year, and ended up buying an extra set of tickets for the Thur night and Sat Afternoon sessions. If anyone is going to those and hasn't bought tickets yet, please let me know. I paid $103 and would be happy to part with them for that. By the way, the reason I have an extra set is because my american amber is in the Pro Am comp.....so make sure you find your way to the O'Fallon booth Saturday afternoon and check it out!Thanks!Jim

#43 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:02 AM

Sweet Jimmy. Havent seen you for a few years. Brian still brewing at OFallon? We did a ProAm 3-4 yrs ago. Didnt get anything. Wishing you luck!!

#44 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18084 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:14 AM

By the way, the reason I have an extra set is because my american amber is in the Pro Am comp.....so make sure you find your way to the O'Fallon booth Saturday afternoon and check it out!Thanks!Jim

Wish we were going to the Saturday Session, would have loved to try it.

#45 Jimvy

Jimvy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:29 AM

Sweet Jimmy. Havent seen you for a few years. Brian still brewing at OFallon? We did a ProAm 3-4 yrs ago. Didnt get anything. Wishing you luck!!

Yeah, seems the older I get, the busier I get.....and the wife just bought us fixer upper so that's sucking up a lot of time along with the back to school routine and sports. And yes, Brian is still the head brewer at O'Fallon, though Dave and Stu are doing most of the heavy lifting these days. This is the first time we've done the Pro Am and we weren't really sure how close we'd get scaling up the recipe, but we ended up with a really nice beer. Honestly, had my beer not been the Pro Am, I probably wouldn't make it out....but how often do you have your beer served on the floor of GABF?

#46 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:45 AM

It's sounding like I picked the wrong year to skip this :)

#47 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:47 AM

Damn it, that's the only thing I have that is worth sharing. I might have to buy something to bring then, if I can take the day off.

Ok, for your mead, we can make an exception. And tell those earthquakes that they can have the day off too.I talked to blktre last night. He's coming in on Friday and I'm going to show up Thursday after work. We're both staying at the Sheraton on Court. I probably won't go to the Thursday GABF session. So it sounds like the best plan of attack is to hold the homebrew tasting in my room :P on Friday around 2-3 pm. No pizza delivery. That way hunger will force us out of the room to go forage for food. After we grab a bite somewhere, it's down to the comfy chair at Falling Rock.

#48 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:20 AM

I got my tickets in the mail last week. :headbang:

So it sounds like the best plan of attack is to hold the homebrew tasting in my room :P on Friday around 2-3 pm. No pizza delivery. That way hunger will force us out of the room to go forage for food. After we grab a bite somewhere, it's down to the comfy chair at Falling Rock.

Excellent! I have to start thinking about what I will bring. It's getting to be too close to brew something now for then.What fine establishment wouldnt want a gang of drunkies stumbling in demanding food?

#49 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:05 AM

Cant wait. A fellow brewer of mine has an extra ticket for Thurs. night. If any of you guys want it, i will double check and make sure he hasn't already sold it.

#50 beerbaron

beerbaron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNorthern Colorado

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:31 AM

that sounds like a good time mtn. That way I can help kick that keg of harvest at high noon. I will not bring any Cyser this year. Just Trippel and Saison!!

#51 DrunkenPanther

DrunkenPanther

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:47 AM

My tickets came this weekend too.I am getting way geeked for this!

#52 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:27 AM

My tickets came this weekend too.I am getting way geeked for this!

First time through, I read that as "I am getting way greeked for this!" I thought you got in trouble for buying the tickets. That wouldve been an extremely harsh punishment!

#53 DrunkenPanther

DrunkenPanther

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:54 AM

First time through, I read that as "I am getting way greeked for this!" I thought you got in trouble for buying the tickets. That wouldve been an extremely harsh punishment!

lmao yeah that would definitely be a severe punishment :smilielol:

#54 chefmiller

chefmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:03 AM

What the hell is going on with the festival map? It's still not posted! I always like to do a little homework with that thing so that I know where to go first before I get too wasted.

#55 Mindblock

Mindblock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:32 AM

I got my tickets and unfortunately, life sometimes gets in the way.....I have two tickets for Thursday night that I cannot use (but will be able to use the tickets to the rest of the sessions).....anybody interested, or good ideas for where I might find somebody who can use them??I've never been to GABF and am looking forward to it, particularly based upon what I have read here.

#56 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:05 AM

I got my tickets and unfortunately, life sometimes gets in the way.....I have two tickets for Thursday night that I cannot use (but will be able to use the tickets to the rest of the sessions).....anybody interested, or good ideas for where I might find somebody who can use them??I've never been to GABF and am looking forward to it, particularly based upon what I have read here.

You can post in the classifieds section here. Just don't post it multiple times there and in the beer forum then tell the mods they have until you go to sleep to undelete your duplicate thread and apologize. That usually doesnt go over well.

#57 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

Looks like I'll have the following available for the tasting: Dubbel, Belg Blond, Bourbon Oak Porter, Cz Pils, and maybe Liquid Stupid if it carbs up in time. What I bring all depends on how lazy I get with the beer gun on the kegged ones.

#58 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:37 PM

Kim and I decided to shoot in Thurs. I'm gonna take her to the Chop House Thurs nite for supper, get her drunk and....... We are staying at the Hampton over by REI this night, but will be moving to the party shack Fri. am. So for the first time i will be rested from travel and ready to get it on.....So once a final time for the tasting is set, let me know. I hope most of us hang together for supper and the TapHouse Fri. night.Btw, my first stop Sat. afternoon session is Lost Abbey. Somebody take me there!!

#59 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:39 AM

Kim and I decided to shoot in Thurs. I'm gonna take her to the Chop House Thurs nite for supper, get her drunk and....... We are staying at the Hampton over by REI this night, but will be moving to the party shack Fri. am. So for the first time i will be rested from travel and ready to get it on.....So once a final time for the tasting is set, let me know. I hope most of us hang together for supper and the TapHouse Fri. night.Btw, my first stop Sat. afternoon session is Lost Abbey. Somebody take me there!!

I think we can handle this. My lineup for the tasting is looking dismal as I had 2 batches in a row now turn south. I gambled on some older hops I had because I didn't want to make a trip to the LHBS and lost. Though maybe I'll just sneak in a bottle of cheesy cat piss pale labeled 'Odacrem special'

#60 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:18 AM

I think we can handle this. My lineup for the tasting is looking dismal as I had 2 batches in a row now turn south. I gambled on some older hops I had because I didn't want to make a trip to the LHBS and lost. Though maybe I'll just sneak in a bottle of cheesy cat piss pale labeled 'Odacrem special'

You better not have stolen my secret recipe for cat piss ale!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users