#41 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:10 PM

Yikes, shipping is expensive. I was asked by UPS what was in the package. I said "Salsa". She said "Uh, ok. Is it packaged well". I said "Well, if you guy treat it with respect and not kick it around or use it as a football it will be just fine". She said "Fair enough". lol

:cheers: Salsa... That's a good one. UPS always asks me whats in it. I dont know if I have bad luck or what. FedEx is no questions asked. I ship all my dead hookers via FedEx too.

#42 orudis

orudis

Deputy Comptroller of Rarts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25387 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:25 PM

Mine are out, looking forward to getting MBP's beer. :cheers:

#43 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28478 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:34 PM

Yikes, shipping is expensive. I was asked by UPS what was in the package. I said "Salsa". She said "Uh, ok. Is it packaged well". I said "Well, if you guy treat it with respect and not kick it around or use it as a football it will be just fine". She said "Fair enough". lol

USPS flat rate $10.35, chef can comment on his thoughts of the packaging when it arrives. Good call on the salsa reply.

#44 DubbelEntendre

DubbelEntendre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:53 PM

USPS flat rate $10.35, chef can comment on his thoughts of the packaging when it arrives. Good call on the salsa reply.

Not even close to being legal though.

#45 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:08 PM

Not even close to being legal though.

It isnt legal no matter which carrier you use. I was originally going to say BBQ sauce but thought salsa was A little more spicy. Lol

#46 Hooperjetcar

Hooperjetcar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBAMA

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:16 PM

I use UPS, have an account, fill out, package and print from home. No one ever asks whats in it cause I never talk to anyone. Just drop it off at a store. By the way, UPS is legal, it's just the counter employees don't always know it. As long as you aren't selling it, and thus bypassing the tax laws. But the counter employees remember that you can't ship alcohol, and forget the part that it only applies to commercial operations. Mine was a bit pricey, but only cause I waited till the last day and so didn't feel it was ok to send ground. Ground from bama to Wash would have been $14. Maybe next time I'll get a closer partner, or will get off my butt before the last day.By the way Pods, the yeast tube is not yeast (obviously when you look at it).

#47 mach5

mach5

Helibottle Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationColumbia, PA

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:37 AM

Just so everyone knows...shipping USPS is NOT LEGAL. AVOID it at all costs. I go the FedEx or UPS route and I have online accounts at both places. I just fill out the info online, and drop off the package at the nearest UPS store or FedEx location. There are also some other legal considerations on shipping beer.I've written a little FAQ on it. WARNING...LINK TO GREEN BOARD! I gave permission to post that FAQ here, but it never got moved over...that invitation still stands for the site mods. I also have a few updates to that FAQ.

#48 pods8

pods8

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28478 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:49 AM

Ground from bama to Wash would have been $14. Maybe next time I'll get a closer partner, or will get off my butt before the last day.By the way Pods, the yeast tube is not yeast (obviously when you look at it).

Heck if UPS ground is only coming in at ~$14 perhaps I'll consider doing that. I started using USPS when the flat rate was ~$7 so it was nice. I realize USPS isn't legit but neither is speeding yet some folks decide to take a calculated risk, I'm sure I'll get burned sooner or later if I keep doing it.Hmm, not sure how to take that last statement we'll have to wait and see. :wub:

#49 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:57 AM

Heck if UPS ground is only coming in at ~$14 perhaps I'll consider doing that. I started using USPS when the flat rate was ~$7 so it was nice. I realize USPS isn't legit but neither is speeding yet some folks decide to take a calculated risk, I'm sure I'll get burned sooner or later if I keep doing it.Hmm, not sure how to take that last statement we'll have to wait and see. :wub:

Anyone know what the charge would be?-criminal charge that is

#50 orudis

orudis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25387 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:58 AM

Anyone know what the charge would be?

There wouldn't be a charge, the recipient just wouldn't get his beer.

#51 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:00 AM

There wouldn't be a charge, the recipient just wouldn't get his beer.

then shit...I would always go with the flat rate box....

#52 pods8

pods8

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28478 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:37 AM

then shit...I would always go with the flat rate box....

That is kinda why I've done it. When they eventually snag one I'll just have to follow up with a replacement but unless they are xraying for bottle caps I doubt they'll notice. Since flat rate I use the automated machine to get a stamp and never even talk to the people...

#53 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:44 AM

That is kinda why I've done it. When they eventually snag one I'll just have to follow up with a replacement but unless they are xraying for bottle caps I doubt they'll notice. Since flat rate I use the automated machine to get a stamp and never even talk to the people...

I was shipping some oberon back to myself from Chicago and at that time I didn't know it was illegal. She asked if I had anything fragile and I said yea a couple of beers in there. She said oh we can't ship this then you'll have to take it to FedEx or UPS. (I was about to leave for the airport) So i quickly replied oh they are just beer bottles. I collect bottles. They shipped it....if that didn't get flagged...

#54 DubbelEntendre

DubbelEntendre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:51 AM

I was shipping some oberon back to myself from Chicago and at that time I didn't know it was illegal. She asked if I had anything fragile and I said yea a couple of beers in there. She said oh we can't ship this then you'll have to take it to FedEx or UPS. (I was about to leave for the airport) So i quickly replied oh they are just beer bottles. I collect bottles. They shipped it....if that didn't get flagged...

Nice.I was just trying to give everyone a heads up that USPS specifically says it is against the law. Fed-Ex and UPS have a policy against it, however there are no legal ramifications attached to their policy.

#55 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:55 AM

Mine are out, looking forward to getting MBP's beer. :wub:

Latest update: On FedEx vehicle for delivery

#56 orudis

orudis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25387 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:28 AM

Beers arrived intact and are in the fridge. Feedback pending consumption. :sarcasm:

#57 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64145 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:48 AM

I'm "that guy" this month :sarcasm:. My beers are all gathered to be sent out, but I haven't wrapped them up and brought them in yet. I'm out of town until Thursday, I'll send them Friday.

Edited by JKoravos, 03 June 2009 - 08:48 AM.

#58 DubbelEntendre

DubbelEntendre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:45 AM

I'm "that guy" this month :sarcasm:. My beers are all gathered to be sent out, but I haven't wrapped them up and brought them in yet. I'm out of town until Thursday, I'll send them Friday.

Straight dis.

#59 pods8

pods8

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28478 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:54 AM

I'm "that guy" this month :covreyes:. My beers are all gathered to be sent out, but I haven't wrapped them up and brought them in yet. I'm out of town until Thursday, I'll send them Friday.

:sarcasm: Friendly scolding here but lets not make this a habbit folks otherwise it can turn people off and collapse this whole thing.*Gives whatever color warning card they hand out in soccer* :cheers:

Edited by pods8, 03 June 2009 - 09:54 AM.

#60 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:56 AM

:sarcasm: Friendly scolding here but lets not make this a habbit folks otherwise it can turn people off and collapse this whole thing.*Gives whatever color warning card they hand out in soccer* :cheers:

You just wanted to use the spanking icon. :covreyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users