#1 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28504 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

Okay here's whats going down: First round of the beer swap entry deadline is this Sunday May 17th. When I log in Monday May 18th I'll gather up the names and pull names to pair folks up (each name will have a number, then I'll pull numbers and fill the list starting at the top only skipping forward a name if I pull the persons own number). You'll have 2 weeks to get your package out so ship by June 1 on this first round. Minimum of 2 different beers and then do whatever you want after that. If you don't have any HB you can arrange for some unique commercial stuff, etc. Feel free to be generous and throw in extra beers, swag, cigars (if they smoke), etc. ;) Some initial mumblings on things are referenced here if you missed it: https://www.brews-br...o...20&start=20Currently signed up: (confirm, join, drop off by the 17th please)1. pods82. ncbeerbrewer3. dubbelentendre4. stellarbrew5. mybeerpants6. hoopefjetcar7. badogg 8. mach5 - ? need to confirm9. cheflamont - ? need to confirm10. odacrewm - ? need to confirm

Edited by pods8, 14 May 2009 - 07:50 PM.

#2 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:13 PM

Alright, should be fun!

#3 Hooperjetcar

Hooperjetcar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBAMA

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:41 PM

Looking forward to it.

#4 mach5

mach5

Helibottle Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationColumbia, PA

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:36 AM

I'll drop off for now...stocks are low, but maybe next time I'll be in. All the beer is in fermenters right now.

#5 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:18 AM

I'll drop off for now...stocks are low, but maybe next time I'll be in. All the beer is in fermenters right now.

+1... plus I've been very lazy and not bottling anything and opting to keg it all. But I do want to do this at some point.

#6 pods8

pods8

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28504 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:28 AM

+1... plus I've been very lazy and not bottling anything and opting to keg it all. But I do want to do this at some point.

Picnic tap and a piece of racking cane (or the tube part of a bottling wand) works if you need to bottle off a keg. ;) Currently signed up: (confirm, join, drop off by the 17th please)1. pods82. ncbeerbrewer3. dubbelentendre4. stellarbrew5. mybeerpants6. hoopefjetcar7. badogg8. cheflamont - ? need to confirm9. odacrewm - ? need to confirm

#7 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:28 AM

I'm in. I don't have a lot in bottles, though. 2 bottles, right?

#8 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:39 AM

I will jump in for the second go around. I need to get some bottles going so I will be ready for June pass.

#9 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:42 AM

I tried the two that I want to send last night and they are STILL not carbed. Flat beer ok?? ;)

#10 pods8

pods8

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28504 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:17 PM

I'm in. I don't have a lot in bottles, though. 2 bottles, right?

It is the min. yup.

I tried the two that I want to send last night and they are STILL not carbed. Flat beer ok?? :devil:

Call it cask. :angry: Currently signed up: (confirm, join, drop off by the 17th please)1. pods82. dubbelentendre3. stellarbrew4. mybeerpants5. hoopefjetcar6. badogg7. odacrewm 8. cheflamont - ? need to confirm

#11 CaptRon

CaptRon

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:26 PM

[quote name='pods8' date='May 15 2009, 12:17 PM' post='47063']Call it cask. :devil: [quote]So, Cask RIS?? :angry: :covreyes:

#12 pods8

pods8

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28504 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:41 PM

So, Cask RIS?? :devil: :angry:

I got a couple gal of RIS sitting in a carboy... :covreyes:

#13 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64148 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:43 PM

I'll be in, I guess. It'll probably have to be commercial stuff this month, unless I can get my nut brown carbed and in bottles by 6/1.

#14 pods8

pods8

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28504 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:52 PM

I'll be in, I guess. It'll probably have to be commercial stuff this month, unless I can get my nut brown carbed and in bottles by 6/1.

Also don't forget to go snooping around reserve stock and carboys. At first I was just looking at the 1 beer on tap that I'd want to send out but then started recalling about stuff I have stashed away and such. I have an ABC sitting in a carboy for probably 2years at this point (need to check dates) and would be a prime treat from someone because you're not going to find something like that commercially to try. Currently signed up: (confirm, join, drop off by the 17th please)1. pods82. dubbelentendre3. stellarbrew4. mybeerpants5. hoopefjetcar6. badogg7. odacrewm8. jkoravos9. cheflamont - ? need to confirm

#15 dungeonbrewer

dungeonbrewer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationUtica, Il.

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:39 PM

I'm in please.

#16 CaptRon

CaptRon

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

I'm going to have to drop from this one. I really dont want to send out beer that isn't carbed. Maybe the next round I will be ready. Suck too, because I need educated opinions on my beer that is unbiased and this would have been perfect. Oh well

#17 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64148 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:40 PM

I'm going to have to drop from this one. I really dont want to send out beer that isn't carbed. Maybe the next round I will be ready. Suck too, because I need educated opinions on my beer that is unbiased and this would have been perfect. Oh well

Just send out some local/good stuff to start out, that's what I'm going to do. I'm interested in getting some informed opinions on my beer, but I'm just as interested in trying other homebrewer's beer to help gauge where I'm at.

#18 orudis

orudis

Deputy Comptroller of Rarts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25388 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:33 PM

I'm in!

#19 CaptRon

CaptRon

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:32 AM

Just send out some local/good stuff to start out, that's what I'm going to do. I'm interested in getting some informed opinions on my beer, but I'm just as interested in trying other homebrewer's beer to help gauge where I'm at.

Duh. Lack of sleep is killing me. I can do that. I'm sure any of you would love something from Russian river, like Pliny the elder or maybe consecration or something. :devil:

#20 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:20 AM

Sorry I havent been able to be on the board in a few days. I'm in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users