3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64163 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:24 PM

the gas guy qouted me 15-85 3 days ago, IIRC for beergas and 13-87 for winegas

I've always seen 25-75. It doesn't really matter, you just have to know how much CO2 you want in your beer.Why does wine gas have any CO2 in it? Wouldn't it make more sense to push it with pure nitrogen?

#43 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68763 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

I've always seen 25-75. It doesn't really matter, you just have to know how much CO2 you want in your beer.Why does wine gas have any CO2 in it? Wouldn't it make more sense to push it with pure nitrogen?

hell I dunno, I was just asking him about tanks and costs and we got to talking about mixes, I may be mistaken though

#44 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:55 PM

I thought I heard once that argon was used to push wine. I could be mistaken though.I've heard of 75/25 and 70/30 for beer gas, never 85/15, though that might still work well at a higher pressure.

#45 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64163 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:18 PM

I thought I heard once that argon was used to push wine. I could be mistaken though.I've heard of 75/25 and 70/30 for beer gas, never 85/15, though that might still work well at a higher pressure.

My guess is that you can get it custon-tailored to a degree depending on your dispensing setup. You can use beer gas to carbonate/push any beer. If a bar is storing their beer in the basement 100ft. away from the taps, you may need 60 PSI of gas pressure in the keg to get the right dispensing pressure at the tap. In that case an 85/15 mixture would probably work for a typical beer.

#46 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68763 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

from what the gas guy said Argon is used by winemakers to blanket their fermentersI think I must have heard the guy wrong on the 75/25 numbers

#47 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

My guess is that you can get it custon-tailored to a degree depending on your dispensing setup. You can use beer gas to carbonate/push any beer. If a bar is storing their beer in the basement 100ft. away from the taps, you may need 60 PSI of gas pressure in the keg to get the right dispensing pressure at the tap. In that case an 85/15 mixture would probably work for a typical beer.

Yeah, you can get gas mixers. Some really awesome places will work with you when you are setting up your bar and create a gas mixer set just for your system. It blends the N2 & CO2 basically on demand. There are also pumps that are used in long draw systems when gas really isn't the best way to move the beer. I would buy a mixer for my home, but they are static. You can get two-blend mixers and stuff, but I want to be able to just dial it in. I supposed like a 10-blend would be close enough...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users