#41 HarvInSTL

HarvInSTL

Atomic Chef Harvey

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:50 PM

I'm on my second sixer and I must agree with the previous comments about no smoke. I taste 0% smoke.Ran $8.49/sixer here.

#42 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:24 PM

I don't know what you all are talking about. Finally got this again, this time in bottles packaged on 8/5. I just poured it and definitely notice the smoke in the aroma. Maybe you all aren't pouring it with enough head? This was straight out of a cold fridge, but I just grabbed my Doemens glass that was similar to the ones in Schlenkerla and poured with a 3 finger head on it. Smoke is right there. It's subtle but clear. I like that it's not overly hammy. Subtle smoke is sweet.

#43 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:27 AM

Freaking great beer. Had it on tap at the local tavern, I forgot how much I like brown ales.I tasted some smoke, but barely perceptible and it could have been that I *knew* there should have been some there.

#44 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68759 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:50 PM

I don't know what you all are talking about. Finally got this again, this time in bottles packaged on 8/5. I just poured it and definitely notice the smoke in the aroma. Maybe you all aren't pouring it with enough head? This was straight out of a cold fridge, but I just grabbed my Doemens glass that was similar to the ones in Schlenkerla and poured with a 3 finger head on it. Smoke is right there. It's subtle but clear. I like that it's not overly hammy. Subtle smoke is sweet.

I got another 12 pack and this one is from September 8th , the smoke is there in this one very subtle yes, but there

Edited by miccullen, 27 October 2010 - 05:51 PM.

#45 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:06 PM

Glad you guys like it.This is our first year making it.Next year, we hope to make it even better!Thanks to you all, we sold more of this seasonal than ever in its position. Thanks for your support, and we will do what we can to make more great beer.*I do not speak for SNBC nor do I represent SNBC*MolBasser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users