chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

still waiting for it

I ask pretty much every beer bar and store that I go into, no luck yet. Gingerman had SN Scotch Ale though.

#23 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68759 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:09 AM

I ask pretty much every beer bar and store that I go into, no luck yet. Gingerman had SN Scotch Ale though.

that i'd like to try too

#24 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68759 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:20 PM

Still no TumblerThe Eastern Washington/North Idaho distributor of SN is in need of a kick in the assBasser get on that will ya?

#25 TheOtherNate

TheOtherNate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationHaymarket, VA

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:25 AM

SWMBO got me a 12 pack a couple of weeks ago... very good, but my complaint is that it disappeared. :blush:

#26 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10742 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:43 AM

Just got me mine last night here in upstate NY. I've been on a real brown ale kick lately and this one did not disappoint. Another win for SNBC.

#27 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:52 AM

that's funny that you are located in a huge city in the north east and can't get this but I'm pretty sure my brother (who is also in NH) had it about a month ago.ETA: confirmed - here is the pic he sent me...Posted Image

#28 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:30 PM

that's funny that you are located in a huge city in the north east and can't get this but I'm pretty sure my brother (who is also in NH) had it about a month ago.

In San Fran now, I better find it soon :cheers:

#29 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:53 AM

I got a sixer a while back. :P :unsure: I was really surprised at the hopping in this. To me, I thought it was somewhat restrained for SN, and with the smoke and all else in there it was really outstanding. More hops would have ruined it. And yes, I did just type that.

#30 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68759 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:14 PM

I got a sixer a while back. :P :unsure: I was really surprised at the hopping in this. To me, I thought it was somewhat restrained for SN, and with the smoke and all else in there it was really outstanding. More hops would have ruined it. And yes, I did just type that.

that's not a sin, just sayin'

#31 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:08 PM

Found this on draft at Toronado in SF. Anyone else think of Smoked Salmon when they get this beer? It was delicious.

#32 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:24 PM

Just picked me up a bomber, at a Big Y supermarket! Most supermarkets around here cannot sell teh beer, but this particular one owns a couple packies, so somehow they are able to sell. Mighty tasty. :)

#33 japh

japh

Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14976 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:24 PM

Saw it in one store, but at $7.99/6er I'll wait to see if it goes on sale (one store around here has SN stuff on sale every few months).

#34 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:01 PM

Tried some at the Thursday night get-together of brewers at the LHBS. Guess I've managed to burn out all my smoke receptors. I didn't taste any smoke.FWIW I can't find any on Heavy Seas latest esthetically correct smoke beer either.Nice brown with a dry finish. All commented, considering SN, this thing is WAYYY under hopped.I liked it.

#35 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:33 AM

Saw it in one store, but at $7.99/6er I'll wait to see if it goes on sale (one store around here has SN stuff on sale every few months).

No offense, but wow, $7.99 and you're waiting for a sale? Isn't this a seasonal? I hope the "every few months" comes up soon. :smilielol:

#36 japh

japh

Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14976 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:44 PM

No offense, but wow, $7.99 and you're waiting for a sale? Isn't this a seasonal? I hope the "every few months" comes up soon. :lol:

It did. :lol:

#37 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:24 PM

I happened to notice my grocery store sells it by the 12 pack. I think it was $13. :lol:

#38 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10742 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:15 AM

I got to sample this again twice this weekend. Still love it but this time there was no hint of smoke at all. I don't know how I got such an up front smoke taste the first time. Of course this time I had a clear palette and the first time I had it was after drinking a number of other beers. I'll hope to get more this year while available and will be looking for this next year.

#39 Mynameisluka

Mynameisluka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24773 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:55 AM

i just tried a 6 pack of tumbler for the first time this past weekend.very much win!eta: i drank it along with a 6 pack of hoptober (new belgium)...the two go very well together. i actually tried a hoptumbler (or tumtober, whatever you want to call it)...a drunken creation that came out alright.

Edited by chris, 11 October 2010 - 09:56 AM.

#40 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:21 AM

I picked up a sixer of this last week. Ive tried one so far. Very nice although I didnt really pick up on any smoke flavor. Ill pay closer attention to the next one. BTW, it was $7.19 here IIRC. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users