#101 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 20 April 2023 - 04:55 AM

You have an attic or anything where you could store them out of the way? I tend to hold onto stuff until I find a good home for it though so I may not be a good person to take advice from here :P

Edited by positiveContact, 20 April 2023 - 04:55 AM.

#102 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 20 April 2023 - 05:00 AM

Yeah, the kettles take up a small amount of space in reality.  They can get tucked to the side of the brewing table I have right now.  It is a fault of mine that I like to have lots of redundant equipment ...lol.

#103 porter

porter

Comptroller of Affairs with Potatoes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19059 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 20 April 2023 - 07:29 AM

That is a good point. I may still keep my spike 15g kettles though so I would have a way to brew a bigger batch if needed. I do not think I will get much on the used market for them if past sales are any indication.

Decisions ... decisions.

It might be a bit of a gradual grieving process. I held on to my stuff when I got the Foundry 2.5 years ago, but want to get rid of it now (anyone want a free keggle?). Even if my Foundry broke, I would just buy another one or a similar product. It's perfect for my uses. My days of needing or wanting to brew 10 gallons of beer, even (or especially) for the hypothetical party, are long gone. And even if that came up, I would rather brew 5 gallons batches of two different beers anyway.

I expect I'll move to 3 gallon batches at some point.

Edited by porter, 20 April 2023 - 07:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users