#61 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Lenard is leading the crew in Kumbaya!But he's right....there is no stupid question here. Except for mine!

I'd surmise a Kumbaya Ale would have very low IBU's.

Edited by Steppedonapoptop, 28 February 2013 - 02:39 PM.

#62 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

I didn't resurrect the thread to get derailed... I brought it back up because JD wanted the recipe. Can we please try to keep this one on topic?

#63 Hines

Hines

Comptroller of Emus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9746 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

So I brewed this and finallly kegged it.I haven't had Fat Tire in over 2 years, but if memory serves correctly....This tastes like Fat Tire.  It's a good brew.

According to Beersmith, I missed my final gravity a bit, but it's still beer that is very drinkable.

Thanks for the recipe Deerslyr!

#64 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

This tastes like Fat Tire.  It's a good brew.

Mind blown.j/k....Glad it came out well. I just like to rag on FT.

#65 Hines

Hines

Comptroller of Emus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9746 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

I'm not a Fat Tire fan, but I can identify it as a good beer......or at least for those of you that don't like Fat Tire, I can say that if you know someone who wants a clone recipe, this is a good one.

That better?  :-)

#66 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68763 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

Mind blown.j/k....Glad it came out well. I just like to rag on FT.

I don't "hate" it, it's a decent beer, in fact I had one two recently in a mixed 12 pack, and it seemed better than I had remembered, the Biscuit bite was still there but it seemed cleaner overall

#67 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54376 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

My wife and I were up in Lake Geneva (where they have New Glarus) and we stopped into a place and I got a New Glarus Two Women (a delicious amber lager, sort of a cross between a red lager and a festbier) and my wife ordered Fat Tire.  The waitperson brings them to us, sets them in front of us and says something like, "I think I have that right..." and my wife takes a sip and says, "YUM!" and I take a sip and wince.  I got the Fat Tire.  I switched them (to my wife's dismay) and she took a sip and winced and then I took a sip and said, "Hooray!".  Needless to say, she got Two Women after that.

EDIT:  The thing I think is weird about FT is that it has changed many times.  I remember it being "roastier" and now it seems more bland.  Did it ever have a Belgian character?  Wasn't the head brewer inspired to make Fat Tire after a bike ride through Belgium?

Edited by KenLenard, 05 June 2013 - 01:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users