#141 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 22 April 2021 - 07:27 AM

I haven't been able to play much lately, maybe an hour here and there every couple of days.   I have made a little progress.  I am still in the Black Forest.  At this point, I have built a raft, sailed around a little bit.   I killed a troll, after I realized I never learned how to actually run.  I thought I was running the whole time.  LOL.  I have managed to mine a few chunks of ore.  No clue what to do with it yet.    After the last time I lost all my shizit on a nature walk, I am reluctant to venture too far away  from my bachelor pad and adjoining rock tower.  Oh yea, I have bees!  Just like in real life.  

#142 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59212 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 22 April 2021 - 12:55 PM

To smelt that ore, you need surlting cores. When you're stomping around the black forest looking bad, feeling bad, you'll run across some skeletons. Let them die upon your breast and slide their meatless corpses aside. That tomb they were guarding contains the cores. Go in, look for little red cubes. I think you need about 10 to create a smelter and a charcoal kiln. Anyway, fueling those with wood and ore will get you the refined metal. Then you can clank when you walk like Skrok.

#143 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47956 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 29 April 2021 - 10:46 AM

Found the mountain boss dragon.  Killed her.  She was extremely easy, like I almost think she was bugged easy. She mostly just crawled around super slowly and I shot her with about 200 poison arrows from the Draugr Fang bow (also poison).  Her attacks were basically laughable with the Bonemass buff applied.

Anyway, got the artisan table built, made a sunken farm in the plains for flax and barley (though I haven't harvested any yet).  Got a black metal axe and padded cuirass from the first flax I found before I realized it was plantable.  Now it should just be grinding for the new resources.

Not sure whether I'm going to continue through the plains to find the Elder or not.  That's going to be A LOT of travelling and I'm not sure I'm up for it.  I'm thinking of starting over completely in a "hardcore" mode instead.

#144 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59212 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 29 April 2021 - 01:01 PM

Found the mountain boss dragon.  Killed her.  She was extremely easy, like I almost think she was bugged easy. She mostly just crawled around super slowly and I shot her with about 200 poison arrows from the Draugr Fang bow (also poison).  Her attacks were basically laughable with the Bonemass buff applied.

Anyway, got the artisan table built, made a sunken farm in the plains for flax and barley (though I haven't harvested any yet).  Got a black metal axe and padded cuirass from the first flax I found before I realized it was plantable.  Now it should just be grinding for the new resources.

Not sure whether I'm going to continue through the plains to find the Elder or not.  That's going to be A LOT of travelling and I'm not sure I'm up for it.  I'm thinking of starting over completely in a "hardcore" mode instead.

What's a hardcore mode? Something they've added, or self-imposed?

#145 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47956 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 29 April 2021 - 01:02 PM

Self imposed one life. No world hopping.

#146 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59212 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 30 April 2021 - 09:35 AM

Looking forward to getting some action tonight. Been building out a large curtain wall at my main base while I wait for time to scout more iron. I've also been super lazy about food production and its biting me. Got a farm spooling up and thinking about taming some boar that wandered inside the perimeter. Dunno if im going to turn my sights on bonemass yet, but I don't hate the idea of building some stuff near him. I've got this fantasy of battling him inside a self-built castle.

#147 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47956 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 30 April 2021 - 10:35 AM

Except for poison, the biggest problem with Bonemass are his adds.  They'll pop up inside any walls you build.

I did start a hardcore game last night.  Boudica.  It's pretty fun so far, just starting to flirt with the edges of dark forests to get some bone fragments to upgrade armor and club.  Using fire to keep the graydwarves at bay and running from trolls.  The risk is fun.

#148 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47956 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 14 May 2021 - 07:03 PM

Took down Elder on hardcore tonight. The one life thing really adds spice. Getting there required several long ocean voyages, which I hadn't done before.

Running around exploring along a black forest shoreline, I was suddenly in the plains. I got whacked by a skeeto and survived - barely - and ran like a little girl. I was down to 5 hp. I've barely even found a sliver of swamp yet, I'm in no way closer to ready for plains. Yikes.

#149 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111821 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 07:08 PM

I've been just biding my time in the swamps and have all my iron armor maxed out now. I revealed the location of Bonemass and he seems really far away. But I found the merchant and I'm working on building up enough money to increase my carrying capacity.

Edited by Stains_not_here_man, 14 May 2021 - 07:08 PM.

#150 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59212 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 15 May 2021 - 06:42 AM

I've been just biding my time in the swamps and have all my iron armor maxed out now. I revealed the location of Bonemass and he seems really far away. But I found the merchant and I'm working on building up enough money to increase my carrying capacity.

I stride long and mighty in tier 3 iron.  Gonna sail up to bonemass real soon. Given my playtime, probably next week lol.

#151 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47956 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 15 May 2021 - 08:24 PM

Alas, Boudica has passed back to Valhalla. Killed by wolves.

I deleted her and her world, but before I did I turned on cheats and did some exploring flying around. In the ashlands there is another ore type called flametal. It smelts but there's nothing that can be made with it.

I also went to the edge of the world and made a boat. Sailed it right off the edge of the map as I expected it would do.

#152 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59212 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 16 May 2021 - 03:33 AM

I didn't even know there were ashlands.

#153 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:16 AM

Dude.  Cheat mode rules!  LOL.  

#154 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47956 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:27 AM

Dude. Cheat mode rules! LOL.

I think it destroys all enjoyment unless you decide to go full creative and build stuff for the fun of building. There's no point in trying to "play" the game with cheats.

#155 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111821 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 10:41 AM

I decided I need to rebuild my main house. It's too small and I need better organization.

#156 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59212 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 22 May 2021 - 07:34 AM

*checks his magazine* The mass no longer moves.

#157 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47956 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 22 May 2021 - 07:56 AM

*checks his magazine* The mass no longer moves.

Nice

#158 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111821 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 10:38 AM

I might go after him today but I've been busy digging out an underground lair next to the mountains. Found a troll cave last night, went in and a troll was inside. i kicked his ass with poison arrows and took his gold.

Edited by Stains_not_here_man, 22 May 2021 - 10:38 AM.

#159 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59212 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 23 May 2021 - 09:08 AM

Mountain owns. Like that the drakes will attack anything and everything. Got my wolf chest and am ready to dig in and make the mountains howl.  

#160 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111821 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 03:41 PM

Fucking bonemass! wtf.  this guy sucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users