#21 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 28 January 2020 - 12:20 PM

...and if you understand the science and how to apply it, your beers will taste even better.

I do...I'm a scientist by nature and training.  Reality often astonishes theory.

#22 pkrone

pkrone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • LocationTejas

Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:57 PM

I do...I'm a scientist by nature and training.  Reality often astonishes theory.

Science can explain reality almost every time.    You seem so wrapped up in "aw shucks, if you think it's ok, then it's ok" that you've forgotten or suppressed your scientific background.   If your reality truly often astonishes theory, then I challenge you to establish better science and thus theory to explain the reality. 

#23 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:03 PM

Science can explain reality almost every time.    You seem so wrapped up in "aw shucks, if you think it's ok, then it's ok" that you've forgotten or suppressed your scientific background.   If your reality truly often astonishes theory, then I challenge you to establish better science and thus theory to explain the reality. 

You'll be interested in the podcast coming out later today.  We continue this discussion with feedback from listeners, including a microbiology PhD and a biology researcher.  And I really don't care about establishing better science...that goal is of no interest to me.  All I want to do is brew beer and have a good time doing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users