153 replies to this topic

#21 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53877 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:40 PM

Yeah, for some reason I was seeing how much prices changed at 5 and noticed that one didn't so I grabbed it. On my recent lager kick I have been using a lot of Hallertau so I will put it to good use.

Since the site was acting dodgy, I wonder if something was not working properly with the pricing. I literally bought 5 pounds of Hallertau pellets for $5. That's insane. I typically buy hops in one ounce bags and they're typically $2 to $3 per ounce depending on the hop. This purchase was EIGHTY ounces of hops (just for the Hallertau) so that would be between $160 and $240 for 5 pounds. And I paid $5. Insanity. Complete insanity.

#22 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:10 AM

Okay, after chatting on FB with them it seems the issue is fixed

1# Opal
1# Cascade
1# Huell Mellon
1# Manderarin Bavaria
5# Hallertau

46.20 Shipped .. YES!

5# of hallertau?!?!!!!

#23 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53877 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:56 AM

5# of hallertau?!?!!!!

FOR FIVE DOLLARS! FIVE DOLLARS FOR FIVE POUNDS OF HOPS! MORTY WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!? THIS IS YOUR SALE!!! :D

#24 Patrick C.

Patrick C.

Comproller of Toilet Tank Vodka

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8863 posts
  • LocationAcworth GA

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:45 AM

Looks like somebody screwed up when they put the prices in- one pound is $5, eleven pounds is $55, 44 pounds is $220.  Probably should have been $25 for 5 pounds. They may honor it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they come back to you and say they can't sell you hops at 20 cents a pound.

But, now I'm trying to figure out how to more easily use pellets in my 'under construction' setup.  :)

#25 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53877 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:54 AM

Looks like somebody screwed up when they put the prices in- one pound is $5, eleven pounds is $55, 44 pounds is $220.  Probably should have been $25 for 5 pounds. They may honor it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they come back to you and say they can't sell you hops at 20 cents a pound.

Exactly what I was thinking. It has to be a goof. I remember DJ getting a 50' stainless chiller for $17 or something in a similar fashion. They goofed, they realized they goofed but they honored it. Not sure what will happen here.

#26 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:12 AM

FOR FIVE DOLLARS! FIVE DOLLARS FOR FIVE POUNDS OF HOPS! MORTY WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!? THIS IS YOUR SALE!!! :D

oh wow.  I didn't actually look.  I'll be hitting up drez for some hallertau next time we meet up :D

#27 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:41 AM

Looks like somebody screwed up when they put the prices in- one pound is $5, eleven pounds is $55, 44 pounds is $220. Probably should have been $25 for 5 pounds. They may honor it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they come back to you and say they can't sell you hops at 20 cents a pound.

But, now I'm trying to figure out how to more easily use pellets in my 'under construction' setup. :)

I specifically told them Hallertau was an issue, they said they fixed it and orders went through.

#28 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:45 AM

oh wow. I didn't actually look. I'll be hitting up drez for some hallertau next time we meet up :D

Sure

#29 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:05 PM

Sure

I'll pay double your price :lol:

#30 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53877 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:13 PM

I just went back on there and 1 pound is $5 and when I selected 5 pounds it stayed at $5 so they have not corrected it. I realize it's a holiday weekend but the sale is from 11/22 to 11/29 (Wednesday to Wednesday) so to NOT correct it is pretty problematic. The more orders they get where it's 5 pounds for $5, the more likely they are to not honor it. I don't necessarily want to take advantage of them and I certainly don't NEED that much but I ordered 5 lbs of Hallertau for the same reason Drez did... IT WAS $5! :lol:

#31 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

And like I said, I let them know there was an issue. They messaged me saying it was fixed. Hey, for all we know it is an extra BF deal for the German hop fan.

#32 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53877 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:18 AM

So has anyone heard back from these guys or gotten a tracking email, etc? I'm kind of curious if they're going to process these orders.

#33 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:23 AM

So has anyone heard back from these guys or gotten a tracking email, etc? I'm kind of curious if they're going to process these orders.

I just , 30 minutes ago, received a response to the E-mail I sent on Wednesday about the site not working. It seems they are starting to go though them. 

As and FYI - Hallertau is still $5/5#'s

#34 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53877 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:45 AM

I just , 30 minutes ago, received a response to the E-mail I sent on Wednesday about the site not working. It seems they are starting to go though them. 

As and FYI - Hallertau is still $5/5#'s

Mmm, this is very interesting. Will they honor it and say "we goofed!" or will they say, "guys listen, we can't sell hops for 31ยข an ounce". :D You just know that there are groups of guys all over [just like us] telling each other that they can buy 5 pounds of hops for $5 which would start to add up to A LOT of orders. Possibly.

#35 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:39 PM

Looks like my Paypal payment was processed ... getting closer!

#36 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53877 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:46 PM

Looks like my Paypal payment was processed ... getting closer!

I just checked and my payment is being processed too. $22 for hops and $18 for shipping. <_< But I agree... getting closer! I hope these Hallertau pellets are good.

#37 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:55 PM

I just checked and my payment is being processed too. $22 for hops and $18 for shipping. <_< But I agree... getting closer! I hope these Hallertau pellets are good.

Yes, shipping sucks!  Mine was 20.10 for 9 pounds.  I just look at it as I get (fingers crossed) as 9# for $46.20.  Just over $5/# is okay with me.

#38 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53877 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:06 PM

Yes, shipping sucks!  Mine was 20.10 for 9 pounds.  I just look at it as I get (fingers crossed) as 9# for $46.20.  Just over $5/# is okay with me.

I agree. I also just noticed that YVH has some hops for $5 a pound as well... Summit, Jarrylo, Liberty, Mt. Hood and Nugget. It's a hop-a-palooza!! :D

#39 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:17 PM

I agree. I also just noticed that YVH has some hops for $5 a pound as well... Summit, Jarrylo, Liberty, Mt. Hood and Nugget. It's a hop-a-palooza!! :D

Three of those 4 were in my freezer for a few years and I just threw them out.

#40 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53877 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:23 PM

Three of those 4 were in my freezer for a few years and I just threw them out.

I would not be interested in the Summit or Jarrylo but I would use the Nugget, Liberty and Mt. Hood for sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users