#41 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:38 PM

I think I have around 350+ pounds of grain. I only keep base grains around for now, though I do plan on stocking up on specialty in the near future just to have on hand.Another nice thing about having a lot of grain around, is that it can be used as an emergency food supply if something horrible were to happen (think quarantine for flu, or hurricane, or no power for weeks for some reason). I also keep around 50 gallons of drinking water, numerous canned goods, spare propane and camping stoves, etc. I know the grain wouldn't be the best to eat for all three meals if it came down to it, but at least it would be food. This is also the reason why I used to store water in my spare kegs.

#42 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9731 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:24 PM

I have pretty much the same as you DJ. 500ish pounds of base and 50-75 of specialties.So, do I have everything I need to brew whatever beer I want? .......never. :covreyes:

#43 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:35 PM

I have pretty much the same as you DJ. 500ish pounds of base and 50-75 of specialties.So, do I have everything I need to brew whatever beer I want? .......never. :covreyes:

Funny how that happens sometimes....500+ is a little unusual for me but when the order gets rolling I jump on it......

#44 Given2fly

Given2fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:14 PM

How much do you guys who have 300+ lbs of malt, drink? I typically have 4 beers on tap and another 4-5 fermenting in the primary/secondary (+ a handful of my beers bottled and a 40+ beers in my cellar), and I still don't drink enough to brew more. I'm amazed :covreyes:

#45 VolFan

VolFan

Comptroller of teh spr0ts

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13046 posts
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:33 PM

How much do you guys who have 300+ lbs of malt, drink? I typically have 4 beers on tap and another 4-5 fermenting in the primary/secondary (+ a handful of my beers bottled and a 40+ beers in my cellar), and I still don't drink enough to brew more. I'm amazed :covreyes:

Our club sponsors a few charities in which we donate beer and a few other events, so some beer goes there. Plus, I have a friend whom I try to have a keg for him at all times. He had me set up his garage frig with a tap.

#46 Patrick C.

Patrick C.

Comproller of Toilet Tank Vodka

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8890 posts
  • LocationAcworth GA

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:59 PM

Malt will keep for years, and you don't have to drink it all by yourself. :)edit to add- I think I have around 150 pounds total now, but I'm out of Pale and running low on Pils.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users