Photo
- - - - -

How many beers do you drink per week?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Drinking problem?! (0 member(s) have cast votes)

How many beers do you drink per week?

1. 0-2 (1 votes [1.56%])

Percentage of vote: 1.56%

2. 3-5 (4 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

3. 6-10 (16 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. 11-15 (19 votes [29.69%])

Percentage of vote: 29.69%

5. 16+ (24 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 azu

azu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDarby, PA

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:21 PM

I'm in the upper end. I would say I'm a bit out of shape but my weight stays about the same. If I stop drinking beer for 2 weeks I can lose about 10-15lbs but comes back quickly once I start back up.

#22 wengared

wengared

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:31 PM

I've never been impressed with Missouri wines, but 2% seems pretty weak.............. :covreyes:

not on your end of the state, this end we have some of the finest chardonnels, cynthianas (norton), chambourcins and a new one vivant. :smilielol:

#23 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:51 PM

If I stop drinking beer for 2 weeks I can lose about 10-15lbs

Sheesh I dont think I have taken 2 weeks off of drinking since kindergarten it seems. Maybe thats how I maintain my portly stature.

#24 Salsgebom

Salsgebom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:52 PM

A couple years ago, I drank at least 6 beers a day and up to 12 a day on weekends (with an occasional gameday where I'd reach 20+), so 50+ a week. I bet there were weeks when I teetered around triple digits. That was college.Now I work as a brewer, and its always funny when people say "you're a brewer? you must drink a lot!". The truth is I sweat too hard to drink like I used to. Also, my patterns have changed. Where I used to drink myself to sleep every night with 6+ beers, now I sample beer during the day and typically reach about 3-4 beers at work. This is drawn out over several hours in 4oz samples, all while drinking huge quantities of water and sweating profusely. I never really catch a buzz, and I've stopped drinking at home so I go to bed sober every night. I feel like I've practically quit drinking but I guess I'm still at 20-30 beers per week.

#25 brewskee

brewskee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:00 PM

Addiction is steepest slope to slip on.

#26 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:12 PM

now I sample beer during the day and typically reach about 3-4 beers at work.

Hiring?

#27 Salsgebom

Salsgebom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:53 PM

Hiring?

Not for a while, probably! And if I could figure out how to upload this camera phone pic of the thermometers in the brewery all reading 97F, you might reconsider!

#28 azu

azu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDarby, PA

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:43 PM

the thermometers in the brewery all reading 97F!

Now I see why you said " all while drinking huge quantities of water and sweating profusely". :P

#29 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:07 PM

I'm currently in the 11-15 category for the most part. Typically I'll drink a couple beers a day, though occasionally I won't have a beer on a given day, and on another day I might have eight or ten. I'm getting ready to get serious again about my diet and exercise, so I expect that my numbers will soon drop significantly. I actually enjoy beer more when I'm not drinking it every day.

#30 cavman

cavman

Comptroller of BigPossMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12937 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:48 PM

I consume every day to be honest, more on the weekends. I have lost 35lbs since Jan 1 2009. Consuming beer and losing weight is possible.

Yeah, I drink about 5-6 on weekdays more on weekends, and I'm down from 236 to 204 in the last few months.

#31 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64099 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:03 PM

I'm either 6-10 or 11-15. It's seasonal for me. I drink more during the summer, must be the hot weather. In the winter, often times I go the whole week without a beer. Depends what's available though. :P

#32 Salsgebom

Salsgebom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:18 PM

In the winter, often times I go the whole week without a beer.

:P I'm not sure about this one :)

#33 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:28 PM

Not for a while, probably! And if I could figure out how to upload this camera phone pic of the thermometers in the brewery all reading 97F, you might reconsider!

I hear you brother. The brewhouse in Chico is ridiculously hot. I drink gallons of water a shift and rarely pee.BrewBasser

#34 kbhale

kbhale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationEvansville IN

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:42 PM

2 liters per day. I'm fat but I avoid sugar and empty calories so I don't get fatter. I try to save what calories I can for beer.

#35 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:00 AM

You guys must all either exercise a lot or you are huge fatasses or you only drink beer and skip out on food. 16+ a week?? If we are talking pints that's a pretty serious amount of beer to be putting away on a regular basis...

#36 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:01 AM

2 liters per day. I'm fat but I avoid sugar and empty calories so I don't get fatter. I try to save what calories I can for beer.

:P

#37 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:02 AM

I'm either 6-10 or 11-15. It's seasonal for me. I drink more during the summer, must be the hot weather. In the winter, often times I go the whole week without a beer. Depends what's available though. :P

I'm in the 3-5 or 6-10. I voted 6-10 but 3-5 may have been more accurate for most weeks. Basically if I don't go out or have company over there I'm not drinking that many brews.

#38 Mashman

Mashman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGunnison CO

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:01 AM

I'm in the 16+, but I mountain bike 3-4 days a week. Typically I'll average 60-80 miles a week and thats in the Rockies, so there is tons of climbing. Mashman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users