27 replies to this topic

#1 dagomike

dagomike

Comptroller of CrapPapples

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19235 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:49 AM

OMG, I might actually brew Saturday. First batch in like forever. I'm actually formulating a recipe as I type. I stepped up my WLP833 last night to 4L. Still need to setup tonight though. If I can pull that off, it's all downhill from there! Doing a Vienna/amber lager.

#2 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:48 AM

I made a simple American Stout yesterday, fermentation is going nicely. Heading to the lhbs store in an hour or so,resupply.

#3 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48014 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:59 AM

I made a blonde w/ last year's home grown glacier on Wednesday. I may try to do Ken's MLPA this weekend, too. I'm trying to get some stock brewed up to last me during the brewing break that hunting season causes.

#4 MX1

MX1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:52 AM

Brewed Wed afternoon, looking to brew again as soon as I get some Belgian Pale malt...Tim

#5 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:01 AM

60 bbls of Pumpkin at the Schlafly Bottlworks today, and 4.5 bbls of Oktoberfest and 4.5 bbls of Pumpkin Ale at MBC this weekend.

#6 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:04 AM

60 bbls of Pumpkin at the Schlafly Bottlworks today, and 4.5 bbls of Oktoberfest and 4.5 bbls of Pumpkin Ale at MBC this weekend.

Drew -I have to pick up a corny keg of APA at Schlafly this afternoon. Are you going to be around? Mind if I bother you for a quick tour?Chad

#7 wengared

wengared

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:04 AM

didn't you do schlaflys quadrupel, i don't see it on your signature anymore

#8 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:07 AM

Oops, you're at BW today...I'm picking up at the Tap Room.No brewing for me this weekend. I'm going to be stepping up a 1098 starter for a batch of Moyie River Amber Ale that I'm going to be firing up in a couple weeks.

#9 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:09 AM

I'm brewing this weekend... again. Rarely do I do 2 weekends in a row, so this will be fun. A college buddy is going to come over to "help". I'm going to do a Cream Ale, but substitute flaked rice for the corn. I may toss in some corn too, but we'll see. Essentially, what I have worked up is 8 pouns of 2 Row and 2 pounds of rice. 1/2 ounce of Magnum at 60 minutes, and then 1/2 eachof Mt. Hood and Willamette at 15 minutes and flameout. IBU's is much higher than a standard Cream Ale, but I don't really care. I've got a regular, low IBU Cream Ale in the fermenter already. Both of these batches need to be ready by Labor Day.I feel like a weenie with the amount I'm brewing compared to what some of you are doing.

#10 Mashman

Mashman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGunnison CO

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:55 AM

I proably won't brew until the begining of next week maybe even Wednesday. I'll be brewing 15G of Tripple to be split between 3 different yeasts, WY Trappist Blend, WL 530 and yeast cultured from a bottle of Unibroue.Mashman

#11 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18076 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:00 AM

Doing a mocktoberfest. Got some 1007 on the stirplate right now.

#12 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:55 AM

Yea, the Schlafly Quad is my baby. However, I'm not at the Taproom anymore, at the Bottleworks these days. However, next week I'm going down there to brew the HOP in the City 2009 beer, an American IPA, which Brennan and I came up with, and an English Old Ale for my wedding. It'll be a fun day.Have fun at the Taproom and tell 'em Drew sent ya!

#13 NWPines

NWPines

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationEugene, OR

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:05 AM

I'm finally brewing tomorrow! It'll be my first brew since early June. This is the longest I've gone without brewing in years. Work/life has really been cutting into my free time lately.Gonna brew an Amer IPA, around 1.068 OG, around 75-80 IBU, mostly late hopping of Summit with a little Centennial and Amarillo thrown in for good measure. Have never used Summit before, so should be fun.

#14 wengared

wengared

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:03 PM

Yea, the Schlafly Quad is my baby. However, I'm not at the Taproom anymore, at the Bottleworks these days. However, next week I'm going down there to brew the HOP in the City 2009 beer, an American IPA, which Brennan and I came up with, and an English Old Ale for my wedding. It'll be a fun day.Have fun at the Taproom and tell 'em Drew sent ya!

I found one of your quads in a 750, so i'm going to open it for tonights Rams game, thanks for the good beers.

#15 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:28 PM

10 gallons of Dus Alt yesterday

#16 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:09 PM

I found one of your quads in a 750, so i'm going to open it for tonights Rams game, thanks for the good beers.

I hope you enjoy it! Watch out, its a monster...you may want to find a comfortable chair.A Dus Alt sounds mighty fine, DJ.

#17 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 15 August 2009 - 12:30 AM

This morning I brewed 10 gallons of Spider Bite Belgian IPA. Originally it was supposed to be something like Stone Cali-Belgique, but I came across a few discrepancies in my grain and hop inventories so had to make a few brew day judgement calls. Spider Bite came from the two times this morning I found spiders in my tun before mash in. This is also my first time with a Belgian yeast and chose 3522. If this turns out decent I'll try some bastardized version of Double Mountain IRA with the cake.

#18 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:06 AM

Had another chance to brew today, going to make Ken L's red Ale. Or with all his grains and specs, but with different hops. His site says williamette will work , so that is all i can get my hands on. Mash almost done.

#19 wengared

wengared

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:13 AM

I hope you enjoy it! Watch out, its a monster...you may want to find a comfortable chair.A Dus Alt sounds mighty fine, DJ.

actually considering i drank the whole thing, during the game, i feel pretty good this morning, but your right, 12% ABV and a super smooth taste, a perfect balance, so i'll say it. YOU THE MAN.

#20 Cliff Claven

Cliff Claven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:43 AM

Making a wheat beer at the local fair.2nd year for a HBC there. Doing a brew demo and public tasting.Gotta get going!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users