#21 armagh

armagh

Grumpy Frost Giant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6705 posts
  • LocationBandit Country

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:09 AM

Racked to secondary Saturday at 1.012. A good stopping point is when it tastes the way you like it.

#22 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:45 PM

Not so sure on the crystal though. I've got Crystal 60 and some Crystal 25 around. I haven't decided which would be better.

Did you already use up the 18 lbs of Crystal 45 from the split bag last November? I'm only a pound or two into it!

#23 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:27 PM

Racked to secondary Saturday at 1.012. A good stopping point is when it tastes the way you like it.

How's your batch coming along Armagh? Mine has been in a keg aging in my basement. I popped the lid long enough to steal a sample with my wine thief and I have to say I'm impressed! I might drop a hydrometer in tonight to get the numbers as I think I like it where it's at right now. It didn't have any palatable carb but you could see the occasional bubble go through the glass. It's also crystal clear.I'm thinking this will taste better with a little carbonation. Perhaps the standard 2 volumes. Thoughts?Either way I am going to cold crash and clarify. If I go the bottle carb route I'll add new yeast along with the priming sugar.edit: Ok checked the gravity. 1.009 is where I'm at but it is still fermenting very very slowly.

#24 armagh

armagh

Grumpy Frost Giant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6705 posts
  • LocationBandit Country

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:34 AM

How's your batch coming along Armagh? Mine has been in a keg aging in my basement. I popped the lid long enough to steal a sample with my wine thief and I have to say I'm impressed! I might drop a hydrometer in tonight to get the numbers as I think I like it where it's at right now. It didn't have any palatable carb but you could see the occasional bubble go through the glass. It's also crystal clear.I'm thinking this will taste better with a little carbonation. Perhaps the standard 2 volumes. Thoughts?Either way I am going to cold crash and clarify. If I go the bottle carb route I'll add new yeast along with the priming sugar.edit: Ok checked the gravity. 1.009 is where I'm at but it is still fermenting very very slowly.

Mine was a little thin and vinous for a braggot, so two weeks ago I boiled three pounds of light malt syrup in 2 qts water for an hour with 1 oz Cascade leaf hops. Cut boil, added 1 qt. honey, cooled to room temperature and added to the carboy. Took the SG up to 1.032. Roused the yeast daily for three days and it took off again. Now at 1.010 and tasting much more like what I had in mind and starting to clear. I prefer my braggots carbonated but I could see splitting this batch and carbonating half and bottling the other half still.

#25 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:42 AM

I opted to force carb in the keg and then beer gun it into bottles. Still interested in swapping a bottle or two?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users