#21 MoreAmmoPlz

MoreAmmoPlz

Comptroller of Ivory Powers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2165 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:44 AM

I really think that we should use "Brews-Bros.com" as our name, if allowed. This way we end up standing out amongst others with similar names and it's good advertisement.

#22 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29318 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:08 AM

If we were registering Brews Brothers as an AHA Homebrew Club, what state would be chosen? Can we get Inebriation? If not, Indianna so we can tell everyone it stands for Inebriation?Edit: I did A-B, CA, CO, WA, OR, NY

I really think the address nees to be1060 West AddisonChicago IL For those that fdon't get the reference, this is the address The Blues Brothers used to pay their parking ticket in the movie... It is actually Wrigley Field

#23 Jimmy James

Jimmy James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:23 AM

This is a timely thread. I am thinking about entering a couple of my recent brews in the San Diego County Fair comp. would be cool to represent the crew here which has been the source of much of what I've learned. If I only had a couple bottles of the Flanders Red I brewed up per Doobah's mega thread over on the other board I'd enter that for sure.

#24 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:52 AM

I really think the address nees to be1060 West AddisonChicago IL For those that fdon't get the reference, this is the address The Blues Brothers used to pay their parking ticket in the movie... It is actually Wrigley Field

Perfect!

#25 shmgeggie

shmgeggie

Comptroller of Mythical Creatures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9205 posts
  • LocationPort Orchard, WA

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:28 AM

you guys Are my brew club, no such animal these days in Spokane.

We need a club here. Bob at Jim's Homebrew said there used to be a club but that club meetings were becoming more about getting drunk and not so much about brewing. He said that like it was a problem or something.

#26 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68761 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:29 AM

Abso ;) lutely, right on.

#27 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:30 AM

We need a club here. Bob at Jim's Homebrew said there used to be a club but that club meetings were becoming more about getting drunk and not so much about brewing. He said that like it was a problem or something.

If you've never been in a club like that, let me tell you....it _can_ be a problem.

#28 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68761 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:31 AM

yeah, I would like that too. I asked him about it years ago, same response. jeez Bob is a bit ummm cynical sometimesmy little dinky house isn't a good fit for activities though.

#29 shmgeggie

shmgeggie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9205 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:36 AM

If you've never been in a club like that, let me tell you....it _can_ be a problem.

I understand. I'm just a little too sarcastic sometimes. So how do other clubs deal with this problem?

#30 shmgeggie

shmgeggie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9205 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:39 AM

yeah, I would like that too. I asked him about it years ago, same response. jeez Bob is a bit ummm cynical sometimes

He's just opinionated and stubborn. Seems to be a common affliction among homebrewers.

#31 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:40 AM

He's just opinionated and stubborn. Seems to be a common affliction among homebrewers.

No it's not!

#32 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:41 AM

That's why our club meetings are online. Drink till you can't sit up in your chair anymore, go ahead, I can't see you see holding onto the floor.

#33 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68761 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:46 AM

;) yes, this is true, and he is a a very well informed brewer, just don't mention "batch sparging"

#34 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:13 PM

I understand. I'm just a little too sarcastic sometimes. So how do other clubs deal with this problem?

In our club, we started focusing more on the brewing as opposed to just partying. The party-only people just drifted away. And that's not to say we don't still have some hellacious parties!

Edited by denny, 22 April 2009 - 12:13 PM.

#35 brewhead

brewhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

we stress that we are a beer tasting club not a beer drinking club or a get sloshed club, we have stringent rules in regards to getting drunk at club meetings, waivers, and liability agreements upon renewal or becoming a club member, we focus on the brewing, the learning and the nurturing - we the directors also lead by example. biggest thing is making people understand we will not tolerate drunkenness at our club meetings, and it is subject to a review and dismissal if necessary.

#36 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:51 PM

We can make "Brews-Bros.com" jackets with the national symbol and local chapters.Sorta like the Hell's Angels.That way we get to beat up someone if they are flying the colors but not really in the clan..... ;)BrewBasser

#37 dereka138

dereka138

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:45 PM

Banned Bros Brew Club. Sounds like a good name to me.

#38 Greatfookin

Greatfookin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationRiver Grove , Illinois

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:02 AM

I officially nominate Carlos to go pick up the mail, he is closer to Wrigley than I am. :cheers: :P

#39 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:32 PM

we stress that we are a beer tasting club not a beer drinking club or a get sloshed club, we have stringent rules in regards to getting drunk at club meetings, waivers, and liability agreements upon renewal or becoming a club member, we focus on the brewing, the learning and the nurturing - we the directors also lead by example. biggest thing is making people understand we will not tolerate drunkenness at our club meetings, and it is subject to a review and dismissal if necessary.

What is your metric for drunkeness? Do you make members blow in the tube and then spank them?BrewBasser

#40 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:43 PM

we stress that we are a beer tasting club not a beer drinking club or a get sloshed club, we have stringent rules in regards to getting drunk at club meetings,

wow, sounds like a GREAT time. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users