Photo
- - - - -

How long do you go between major cleanings?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 rockon

rockon

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2657 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:29 AM

CK - I've seen that picture before, but I have to say, that is one fine looking black and tan.

#22 Dave

Dave

Grammaraticus of Titty Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32475 posts
  • LocationLugnar Island

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:56 AM

Mine isn't even operational. Hasn't been probably for at least a year. I've been lazy and just using a cobra tap from the lager freezer. I've got tons of kegs to clean too. Ugh.

This is me too... :shock:

#23 BeerMaker

BeerMaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:32 AM

I clean the lines and faucets after each keg as well. Rarely replace hoses. Annually, I try to completely empty it and scrub it down. I need to do a better job of moisture control. Currently it is off and empty, and I need to fix a rust spot in it before I use it again, but that's another thread...

#24 boo boo

boo boo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationHeart's Delight, Newfoundland

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:56 PM

I clean after each keg blows, but last week changed out my lines for the first time in 4 years.Way too long. They looked disgusting, even though they were clean afaik.

#25 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

Every time I kick a keg I run oxilean through the lines. After this I take apart the tap and soak that, rinse and reassemble. I've never replaced the lines or taken the QDs off of them. I scrub what part of the elbow shank I can get to with my dip tube brush.

#26 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:52 PM

I rarely clean out my kegerator. Haha.I think I replaced the lines about 2 years ago, but haven't done anything with them since. I also am using forward seal faucets, and a single stout faucet. Now that stout faucet I drain after every use, otherwise stuff starts to grow in the spout.I have enough beer in storage, that when a keg blows I can immediately put a new keg on it, flush the lines, and be good with it.With that said, I recently bought 200ft of the beverage line tubing and gas tubing, and will replace the lines when I get motivation. I also need to finish modifying my jockey box and air manifolds to support the number of beers I want to have for my wedding coming up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users