#321 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Comptroller of BigAssMan

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43700 posts
  • Locationen route

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

He takes him family on a serious of vacations and hilarity ensues.

#322 inv

inv

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14036 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

poor goodman

#323 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Comptroller of BigAssMan

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43700 posts
  • Locationen route

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

Poor June Carter Weeper.

#324 davobrew

davobrew

Comptroller of Triple Posts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:56 PM

I haven't read this thread, but it looks long and I want to keep it going.Now, time to make the famous 3 bean chili.

Edited by davobrew, 18 June 2012 - 10:57 PM.

#325 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:13 AM

Weep and I came to a mutual understanding. I still contend that none of this would have happened if we had the ability to hand out a negative rating. The negative rating system was my "pressure relief valve". Not having a relief valve, I was bound to blow my top and go all apeshit. I could have handled it better.I'm still holding onto my Comptrollership, because Weeper Worship still needs to be held in check. Yesterday is just one of those days that will go down in the annals of PH lore.

#326 TehFury

TehFury

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12182 posts
  • LocationA secret and heavily fortified compound.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:36 AM

He takes him family on a serious of vacations and hilarity ensues.

LOL

Yesterday is just one of those days that will go down in the anals of PH lore.

Apparently, Connie can give you some guidance on that subject.

#327 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112413 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:51 AM

Weep and I came to a mutual understanding.I still contend that none of this would have happened if we had the ability to hand out a negative rating. The negative rating system was my "pressure relief valve". Not having a relief valve, I was bound to blow my top and go all apeshit. I could have handled it better.I'm still holding onto my Comptrollership, because Weeper Worship still needs to be held in check.Yesterday is just one of those days that will go down in the annals of PH lore.

I agree... the rating system was a good way to self regulate. It had some minor abuses, but mods had the power to override the system in specific cases, so I really don't see what the issue was. It really does come down to some folks being too sensitive for the internet.

#328 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:52 AM

Apparently, Connie Seagis can give you some guidance on that subject.

FTFY

#329 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

I agree... the rating system was a good way to self regulate. It had some minor abuses, but mods had the power to override the system in specific cases, so I really don't see what the issue was. It really does come down to some folks being too sensitive for the internet.

I rarely agree with you... mostly because I do not "get" you, and hence don't know if we are really in agreement... but this is exactly it.

#330 orudis

orudis

Deputy Comptroller of Rarts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26225 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

It at least allowed us to annonymously get the message across and help tone things down in the PH every now and then.

I still can't get over how craven this is. I really thought you were kidding around.

#331 BikeBrewer

BikeBrewer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ontario

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:55 AM

It really does come down to some folks being too sensitive for the internet.

I really don't think you're too sensitive for the internet anymore. The old Lou was, but you seem to have developed a slightly thicker skin. ;)

#332 BikeBrewer

BikeBrewer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ontario

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:55 AM

I still can't get over how craven this is. I really thought you were kidding around.

I forsee a virtual -1 in your future...

#333 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Comptroller of BigAssMan

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43700 posts
  • Locationen route

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:56 AM

but mods had the power to override the system in specific cases

What the jackbootery?

#334 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112413 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:57 AM

I rarely agree with you... mostly because I do not "get" you, and hence don't know if we are really in agreement... but this is exactly it.

Seriously? Man, I thought you were usually on the same page with me. Who knew? You *are* the guy who moved from Cali to the Cleveland area, and claims to like Culver's burgers, right?

#335 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112413 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:58 AM

I really don't think you're too sensitive for the internet anymore. The old Lou was, but you seem to have developed a slightly thicker skin. ;)

Lol. Yeah, I'm always accused of being too emotional. It's been a huge obstacle in my life... bleeding heart liberal and all.

#336 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:59 AM

Had to look up the word "craven" as I have never heard it used before. I'll be sure to remember it and put it in my internal dictionary. Seriously... you learn something new every day, right?I don't view it that way at all. Not everything needs to be called out in a public manner. Would you rather have me hand out the occassional -1 to express displeasure at someones post? Or go all Hatfield and McCoy in the PH?

#337 awall

awall

Comptroller of Being a Cool Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10394 posts
  • LocationRowley

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:02 AM

personally, i don't think whether an interaction is on the interwebs or in person should matter. i believe the right way to interact with another individual is to treat them the same way you would in person.

#338 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:02 AM

Seriously? Man, I thought you were usually on the same page with me. Who knew? You *are* the guy who moved from Cali to the Cleveland area, and claims to like Culver's burgers, right?

You are an enigma to me. I've always been unsure of you because even though I like Culver's, I'm afraid to tell you my heat source for grilling. Now it appears you are all "propane". I have just never been sure what to make of you. Doesn't help that you also changed your name fairly frequently and I couldn't keep up with "who" you actually were. I've always been Deerslyr (except for the couple of days I was parading around here as Facebook, but you weren't here for that asshattery).

#339 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112413 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:17 AM

You are an enigma to me. I've always been unsure of you because even though I like Culver's, I'm afraid to tell you my heat source for grilling. Now it appears you are all "propane". I have just never been sure what to make of you. Doesn't help that you also changed your name fairly frequently and I couldn't keep up with "who" you actually were. I've always been Deerslyr (except for the couple of days I was parading around here as Facebook, but you weren't here for that asshattery).

Heh, yeah, I give you that some of the new guys may perceive me that way. But basically, I was Trub Lou for six years, then Yukon DeWitt for about a month on the Lifeboat and for the first year here. There was only a spell of about 3 months where I shuffled around a few names, and I guess those were your formative months for the PH. :DDon't take the propane stuff that seriously - I'll summarize my internet position right here for you: Propane is superior for grilling good meat. Charcoal is good for contributing flavor to lower grades of meat, thus its use in smokers and for hot dog/burger parties. I have a Weber Genesis and a Big Green Egg. I make prolific use of both propane and lump charcoal - they both have their uses. I also use a lot of wood chunks and logs when it's appropriate. The only thing I find to be pure evil in this arena are the "briquettes" that you can buy from companies like Kingsford, who pack sawdust and parafin into a neat little self-lighting cake of crappitude and expect people to let it near their food. Don't let that be you. :D

#340 orudis

orudis

Deputy Comptroller of Rarts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26225 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

I don't view it that way at all. Not everything needs to be called out in a public manner. Would you rather have me hand out the occassional -1 to express displeasure at someones post? Or go all Hatfield and McCoy in the PH?

I'm just sayin, you don't get epic threads without people publicly calling people out for the dumb things they post. I would be lying if I said I have never ever been an anonymous negger, but being forthright about it seems the better practice to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users