Photo
- - - - -

Anyone bought the ECC BCS-460 Controller?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 HarvInSTL

HarvInSTL

Atomic Chef Harvey

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:35 AM

That's an awesome build. I like the Stereo plugs for the temperature probes.

Yep, it is something I've purchased for my build as well. Here is the cheapest place to get them.Wall plate with 4 sets of jacks (This is on my control box) - $7.04Banana plugs - $2.20 each when you buy 4

#22 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64137 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:35 AM

Yeah in that case you might want to check out what Kladue has been making!https://picasaweb.go...com/kevin.laduePosted Image

Looks right up my alley. I'm going to have to take some time out to look through his site.

#23 *_Guest_eccsynd_*

*_Guest_eccsynd_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:41 AM

Hey guys. I'm the developer of the BCS-460. If you have any questions, I'd love to answer them.The BCS-460 was designed to give brewers a clean interface to easily monitor and control their brewday, as well as fermentation. The goal of the BCS-460 is simple, make brewing easier and more repeatable. Its intended to bridge the gap between a simple Ranco temp controller and full blown custom automation. I think this is a place that many brewers want to be, i.e., you want to automate mash steps, fermentation ramps, pump controls, and would like data logging and remote access, but don't necessarily want the complexity of a true 'hands off' system with custom software (like kladue's, which is amazing btw). I wanted to design the BCS to give you the flexibility to start small, but enough headroom to handle any future equipment upgrades that may come later.I'm with you, JKoravos, my laptop is essential brewday equipment. But for those who don't like to mix computers and wort, you can use an iPhone or iPod touch to control your rig with this app.https://software.dru...Brew_Buddy.htmlCheers.Adam

#24 DubbelEntendre

DubbelEntendre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:48 PM

I want to set my interface up like this guy didI'll call it the 8 Bit Brewery.

#25 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64137 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:49 PM

I want to set my interface up like this guy didI'll call it the 8 Bit Brewery.

Dude. Awesome.

#26 dondewey

dondewey

No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11696 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

I think that guy posted on one of the coffee boards I frequent. There is some pretty cool stuff being done (programable grinder timers, pressure profiling pumps) but brewing beer has more possibilities, I think. And yes, I've owned a pid-controlled espresso machine... Now I take a more "zen" approach.

#27 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64137 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:46 AM

Brewing beer is 100 times more complex than brewing coffee, but that's still cool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users