#21 ChicagoWaterGuy

ChicagoWaterGuy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3234 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:48 AM

I listen to the BN podcasts since I get my son's ihand-me-downs. Style shows are great. I like can you brew it due to the interviews with brewers. Brew strong is an excellent source of info. When I re-listen to the shows, I skip the intro banter. I do like that when I plug in the ipod to charge that it updates the episodes. Gimmicky or not, itunes provides a lot of free content accessable in one place. And everytime the Grandparents buy my son a new itoy, I get his old one :headbang:

#22 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:41 PM

Yeah, the feature is not in any way exclusive to iTunes, iPod or Apple. It's unfortunate, but Apple's marketing machine is able to impact the language of technology in many ways. People who care really hard have pretty much tried backport the acronym to mean Personal On Demand broadCAST, because really there is nothing having to do with an iPod when it comes to podcasts, it's just one of countless devices that can play them. All that automatic downloading and syncing is available in other software and hardware.

#23 macbrak

macbrak

Comptroller of PUI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationGhost of Jobs Planet

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:44 PM

not all facial tissues are kleenexnot all copiers are xerox

#24 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:27 PM

not all facial tissues are kleenexnot all copiers are xerox

Yeah, unfortunately all podcasts are podcasts; but not all DAPs (Digital Audio Players) are iPods. Or mp3 players, or PVP (Personal Video Players), or whatever other generic terms there is. mp3 player seems to work with most people.

#25 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

I am currently listening to Basic Brewing Radio which I really enjoy listening to and of course they had to cover all the "apple" applications that their podcast is available to as well LOL. I do like Basic Brewing Radio and their Basic Brewing Video is cool also. There are a lot of cool brewery tours that are in the video archives. Anyways time to listen to Ken Grossman talk from the NHC.

#26 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64148 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:59 PM

I like that they make a lot of references to pantsless brewing.

#27 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64148 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:35 PM

Today I put about 3.5GB of BN podcasts on disk to listen to in my car. That's a whole lotta brew talk!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users