25 replies to this topic

#21 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54206 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:04 AM

I smacked that 2124 a few days ago (it was dated July 2011) and it swelled up so I made a starter for it and got it on the stirplate last night. It's looking foamy and active this morning so I will either be making this beer on Wednesday or Thursday morning, whichever is more convenient. I have the water and all of the grains and hops ready to go. I'll keep everyone posted on how this comes out... excited about this one.

#22 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:20 PM

alright, chloride to sulfate looks to be 29:49.

#23 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54206 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:58 AM

Making this beer this morning and I'm about 15 mins into the boil. I did a 142x30 + 158x60 mash. I started with about 3 gallons of water and got everything to 142° then heated 1.5 gallons to boiling, let it back off a smidge and then added that to the main mash to get to 158.1°. Let that go for another hour, did a runoff and then another 3 gallons of 175° water for the sparge. I also did .5 oz Hallertau FWH, an ounce for 60 mins and I added another .5 oz at 20. Hallertau pellets are fresh and 4.7%. 2124 looks eager to help out. 2g of CaCO3 and 5g of CaCl added to the mash... 100% RO water used for the batch. Cheers!

#24 Hines

Hines

Comptroller of Emus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9745 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

Ken, I read your thread over on NB. Did you post your results any place?

#25 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54206 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Ken, I read your thread over on NB. Did you post your results any place?

IIRC, there was an issue with the water and the pale color of the beer. Either that or a flavor that was unexplainable in the beer. I don't believe the beer made it to a keg because there was something 'off' about it and every time I went to try it to see if any magic had occurred... it was just as terrible.

#26 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

IIRC, there was an issue with the water and the pale color of the beer. Either that or a flavor that was unexplainable in the beer. I don't believe the beer made it to a keg because there was something 'off' about it and every time I went to try it to see if any magic had occurred... it was just as terrible.

bummer. for the record I thought the recipe looked good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users