#1 kbhale

kbhale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationEvansville IN

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:52 PM

I get off work at 2300. It was so busy tonight I had aches and pains to go home with. After a liter I feel much better. I go to bed around 0200-0300. I try to limit myself to two liters of beer. If I drink the third liter I'll feel like crap the next day. But some times the beer just taste so good. I'm going to feel like crap tomorrow. I love Beer!

#2 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:51 AM

Good Luck KB. Tough decision to drink more and feel the pain. I hope the pain is temporary. You got it though beer is awesome.

#3 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:39 AM

Hope today finds you well. I'll be drinking a few brewahahas myself. mmmmm - beer.

#4 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54137 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:58 AM

I know what you mean about the beer tasting so good you just don't want to stop. Some batches taste good and some are so good you can't wait to get to the taps. Ah, beer. Beer is good. Let's all drink some beer, shall we? Oh wait... it's only 7 in the morning. :smilielol: I'll be having some later. :nono: :smilielol:

#5 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:11 AM

I know what you mean about the beer tasting so good you just don't want to stop. Some batches taste good and some are so good you can't wait to get to the taps. Ah, beer. Beer is good. Let's all drink some beer, shall we? Oh wait... it's only 7 in the morning. :smilielol: I'll be having some later. :nono: :smilielol:

You can't drink all day...Unless you start in the morning.-Gary Larson

#6 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:22 AM

Does it really need to be noon before you can open the taps. Maybe brewing some beers that make good breakfast companions would do the trick. Oatmeal Stout mmm. Beer will be consumed today at my place as well. Prost!!

#7 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:36 AM

Does it really need to be noon before you can open the taps. Maybe brewing some beers that make good breakfast companions would do the trick. Oatmeal Stout mmm. Beer will be consumed today at my place as well. Prost!!

Sometimes I think beer tastes better to me in the morning. I'm not sure if my tastebuds are fresh or what.

#8 earthtone

earthtone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:51 AM

a little hair of the dog...... :cheers:and yes beer is god :nono: :smilielol: :smilielol: I sometimes load of my fridge with enough bottles to "last" for a few days....and then once I get started it's like oh yeaaaaah I REALLY like this one! And then my fridge is empty....I know you guys hear me on this, 5 gallons really idn't a whole lot... :cheers:

#9 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:31 AM

Sometimes I think beer tastes better to me in the morning. I'm not sure if my tastebuds are fresh or what.

Confirmed - this MLPA is delicious :nono:

#10 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54137 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:16 AM

a little hair of the dog...... :cheers:and yes beer is god :nono: :smilielol: :smilielol: I sometimes load of my fridge with enough bottles to "last" for a few days....and then once I get started it's like oh yeaaaaah I REALLY like this one! And then my fridge is empty....I know you guys hear me on this, 5 gallons really idn't a whole lot... :cheers:

Buddy: Wait until you get the draft system up & running over there at the Earthtone Brewhaus. You seem to rip through the beer even quicker! We had a big group up at a resort in Wisconsin one year and the beer-drinking started around 9am. This was when we were younger and I believe it was all Miller Lite. We were swimming, tubing, playing whiffle ball, more swimmng, tubing, etc. It ended around midnight when we were sitting around a bonfire and concluded that everyone in the group must have had a case of beer but no one felt like it because we were doing stuff all day. Don't think I could do that now... :cheers:

#11 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:18 AM

Buddy: Wait until you get the draft system up & running over there at the Earthtone Brewhaus. You seem to rip through the beer even quicker!

The dangerous thing about draft is that unless you pull the keg out and weigh it you really don't know how fast you are ripping through the beer.

#12 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64097 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:20 AM

Does it really need to be noon before you can open the taps.

Not in my house. If you can reach the taps they are open.

#13 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:22 AM

Not in my house. If you can reach the taps they are open.

Open them right now to show that you mean it :smilielol: I already have :nono:

#14 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:31 AM

I totally agree with the comments about ripping through a keg. When you keg boy pulling the tap handle is so much easier than opening a bottle. At the end of the night with kegs you don't know or can forget how many you had, bottles if you can count you know for sure. I think though that a keg even as light as it feels seems to kick out a few more pints than you can imagine and if you are like me when you are ready for a keg to go you seem to keep drinking pint after pint waiting for the pop of air and foam only. Its getting closer to noon here in the eastern time zone!!! :nono:

#15 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:32 AM

Its getting closer to noon here in the eastern time zone!!! :nono:

There are no rules. Start now.

#16 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:39 AM

Hmm I probably should wife is at work till 1ish and kids are here but too young to know the differnce. Honey Brown Ale it will be!!

#17 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:41 AM

Hmm I probably should wife is at work till 1ish and kids are here but too young to know the differnce. Honey Brown Ale it will be!!

That's what I'm talking about! :nono:

#18 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:50 AM

The sun is over the yardarm, and the lamp is lit. Time to answer the call of the tap.

#19 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54137 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:56 AM

How many of you have had a keg up & running and thought... This keg still has to be half-full. At least half. And then on the next pull... PPPfffffssssttttt! Foam. You can lose track very easily. Cheers guys.

#20 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:15 AM

Ken to answer your last question for myself it would have to be the MLPA of yours that I brewed back in April. That keg got hammered especially over Memorial Day weekend. I did think I had a good bit left and then pssst gone. Otherwise it seems opposite for me they keep on pumping out the pints. Oh yes this Honey Brown tastes just as good in the morning as in the evening. Prost gents!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users