• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 DR0NE

DR0NE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:37 AM

I'd be interested to hear what people think of these too... when I ordered towers/4 taps I tried to upgrade to Perlicks but the place I ordered from didn't give me the option. The taps that I got (still stainless) seem to stick way too easily. With 4 varieties on tap some sit there for 2 weeks or more between pours. If this style Perlick would prevent that it would be worth it for me. Has anyone found a way to keep the cheaper ones from sticking? Keg lube?

#22 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22502 posts
  • LocationIt's OK to be White

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:27 PM

Sweet find. I plan to pull the trigger on 3 of these puppies. My kegerator is out in my garage and my "old school" taps get full of crud in a hurry. I always wanted some Perilicks, but always balked at the price.

#23 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

I'd be interested to hear what people think of these too... when I ordered towers/4 taps I tried to upgrade to Perlicks but the place I ordered from didn't give me the option. The taps that I got (still stainless) seem to stick way too easily. With 4 varieties on tap some sit there for 2 weeks or more between pours. If this style Perlick would prevent that it would be worth it for me. Has anyone found a way to keep the cheaper ones from sticking? Keg lube?

I personally use the ventmatic and forward-seal perlick faucets, but I've heard that squirting some starsan up the spout of the faucet will help it from sticking.

#24 Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationSt. Petersburg FL

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:15 PM

I've ordered a Perlick 575ss which has the "creamer" feature. I'll post once I receive it and run some pints through it :-)

#25 xd_haze

xd_haze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:22 AM

I've been using my 525SS's for about a month now. I really love them. 1. No sticking2. They stay cleaner3. Beer pours like the faucets were just cleaned, even a month later in the garage (e.g., no excess foaming)Granted, I went from brass old-school faucets to these. Its like a night and day difference. Also, you can take out the sealing mechanism without removing the faucet from the shank. Mike

#26 xd_haze

xd_haze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:30 AM

Here are my new Perlick's ready to serve:Posted ImageMike

#27 mikebrad

mikebrad

Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4038 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:15 AM

so are these the best economy faucets out there?

#28 Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:30 AM

so are these the best economy faucets out there?

Economy??? :rolf: No, I don't think anyone indicated that these had anything to do with economy :smilielol: , but they are clearly a superior offering. Cheap faucets are everywhere, but you get what you pay for.After using my 575ss for a few weeks now I'm very happy with them, and they certainly do as good a job as my favorite forward-sealing VentMatics. The only difference is that these Perlicks don't have that "snap-back" to the closed position that the forward-sealing units do, and the Perlicks initiate very easily with little to no effort. Very cool design. The creamer feature on the 575ss is nice, and our guests are enjoying creating the perfect head on some styles that are served at lower pressures.Recommended.

#29 xd_haze

xd_haze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:05 AM

Dean,Where did you get the 575SS's? I didn't see them at rapids wholesale.Best,Michael

Economy??? :rolf: No, I don't think anyone indicated that these had anything to do with economy :smilielol: , but they are clearly a superior offering. Cheap faucets are everywhere, but you get what you pay for.After using my 575ss for a few weeks now I'm very happy with them, and they certainly do as good a job as my favorite forward-sealing VentMatics. The only difference is that these Perlicks don't have that "snap-back" to the closed position that the forward-sealing units do, and the Perlicks initiate very easily with little to no effort. Very cool design. The creamer feature on the 575ss is nice, and our guests are enjoying creating the perfect head on some styles that are served at lower pressures.Recommended.

#30 Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:12 AM

I got it from this guy https://stores.shop....-Beer-Tap-Store

#31 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64144 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:36 AM

If you guys are looking to get some of these faucets, check out the Group Buy forum. Kremer is looking to put together a group buy for the 525SS from Rapids. 22.95/pc + ship.

#32 Kremer

Kremer

Comptroller of MS Paint Diagrams and other vague unspecified stu

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9175 posts
  • Location38.360502, -85.311022 (Louisville, KY area)

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:04 AM

If you guys are looking to get some of these faucets, check out the Group Buy forum. Kremer is looking to put together a group buy for the 525SS from Rapids. 22.95/pc + ship.

We'll see... thanks for sticking it in here also, I was going to do that.

#33 mikebrad

mikebrad

Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4038 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:52 AM

Just picked up 4 (sorry...didn't want to wait for group buy). I'll report back with results!

#34 Slainte

Slainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:45 AM

You guys liking these faucets still?

#35 xd_haze

xd_haze

Advanced Member

• Members