#1 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:12 AM

I was crusing the web looking for the absolute lowest price on some parts for a jockey box I am in the middle of building and I ran across this faucet:Click HereAt first I thought, "wow that is a good price on forward seals." and then I notices it was different. The nozzle is not removable like others and they are talking about "new" sealing system. I thought the new sealing system is the forward seal then the said this in the description:"This revolutionary faucet's floating O ring design eliminates the need for a valve shaft."Interesting. Anybody seen one in person yet?

#2 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:44 AM

I don't have and have not seen this perlick or their other forward seals but according to their website that item seems to be new. The one thing that doesn't make sense to me is if the popular design one that has been out and available is $40.00 how can this new one be almost 50% cheaper? I am sure someone else can answer it better but thats just my $0.02Beverage Factory

#3 AAASTINKIE

AAASTINKIE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:45 AM

That's just GREAT!!!...now that I just finished buying 7 Perlicks for my TDD-3 True kegerator for a much higher price than these.....

#4 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:49 AM

I just have the standard chrome faucets (4) and they were like $15 a piece if these perlicks are that good for $22.00 I would definitely upgrade for that price.

#5 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:31 AM

Its cheaper because there are less parts.

#6 tag

tag

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:30 AM

The inner machined stainless steel shaft has been replaced with a shorter plastic shaft.

#7 macbrak

macbrak

Comptroller of PUI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationGhost of Jobs Planet

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:39 AM

I think I saw these at the local hbs and didn't realize it. I thought they were just the old perlicks but with a plastic shaft.This begs the question how cheap are the replacement shafts? (i.e. is perlick hoping to make more on the back end link inkjet printer manufacturers)

#8 Yeasty Boy

Yeasty Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationFt Collins

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:55 AM

It does look like a better design to me. I had it explained to me but I forget now, there was some question as to how you replace the o-ring, as it seems to be in there for good. Also has a back-push foam action.Not sure I care for built-in nozzle, but the price is great.Perlick looks like it's trying to move the old style, so anyone with one or two fewer than they ultimately want, and enough retention (like me) to want them all to match should jump.[I have the original VM's but needed one more when they took them off the market, had to do some dealing to get it.]

#9 Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationSt. Petersburg FL

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:13 AM

The inner machined stainless steel shaft has been replaced with a shorter plastic shaft.

No, not on this new model. The added the plastic shaft on an older model. This new "Perl" faucet is showing all stainless.https://www.perlick....G_WISDOM_SS.pdfInstead of having the end of the faucet lever inside the faucet connecting to a slider that carries the o-ring like forward-sealing faucets, the end of the lever is actually a ball which seals against the "floating" o-ring inside.Looks like the best thing Perlick ever made. I'll be trying one.

#10 xd_haze

xd_haze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:18 AM

EDIT: Dean beat me to it! Same link.I have two, and mine does not have a plastic shaft of any kind. (I just got them about 2 weeks ago, the first shipment from the factory.) Here is a pdf from Perlick that reviews their construction.new perlick faucetsI'm very happy with mine, but I went from old school chrome faucets to these. I don't have any experience with other forward sealing designs. Mike

It does look like a better design to me. I had it explained to me but I forget now, there was some question as to how you replace the o-ring, as it seems to be in there for good. Also has a back-push foam action.Not sure I care for built-in nozzle, but the price is great.Perlick looks like it's trying to move the old style, so anyone with one or two fewer than they ultimately want, and enough retention (like me) to want them all to match should jump.[I have the original VM's but needed one more when they took them off the market, had to do some dealing to get it.]

#11 tag

tag

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:43 AM

No, not on this new model. The added the plastic shaft on an older model. This new "Perl" faucet is showing all stainless.https://www.perlick....G_WISDOM_SS.pdfInstead of having the end of the faucet lever inside the faucet connecting to a slider that carries the o-ring like forward-sealing faucets, the end of the lever is actually a ball which seals against the "floating" o-ring inside.Looks like the best thing Perlick ever made. I'll be trying one.

Oops! I stand corrected. :D There is no shaft at all!

#12 Yeasty Boy

Yeasty Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationFt Collins

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:19 AM

That pdf really shows it. I guess the o-ring comes out with needle-nose pliers.A fine example of K.I.S.S. if I ever saw one.

#13 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:31 PM

That's just GREAT!!!...now that I just finished buying 7 Perlicks for my TDD-3 True kegerator for a much higher price than these.....

I hear ya. I bought 6 of the "older" forward seals not that long ago. I got a good deal, but not this good.Thanks for the PDF. So it is a creamer faucet as well. Interesting. Wow that is so simple yet brilliant.

#14 xd_haze

xd_haze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:02 PM

The 525SS is not a creamer faucet. That is the one Rapids has for 28.99 and the one I bought (21.99 if you order 25 or more). The 575SS is the creamer, I don't have any experience with it. The 525 is fantastically simple. It just has the Stainless ball that seals forward against the O-ring. No shaft to gum up or lever to trap nasties. I'm very happy! And Rapids is a very good company. I've ordered from them several times, each with great results. I think I'll go draw a beer now :D

I hear ya. I bought 6 of the "older" forward seals not that long ago. I got a good deal, but not this good.Thanks for the PDF. So it is a creamer faucet as well. Interesting. Wow that is so simple yet brilliant.

#15 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:48 AM

I've been getting ready to pull the trigger on some Perlicks to replace my plain old chrome faucets. Finding out about this new one couldn't have come at a better time for me. Thanks for the info.I also agree that Rapids is a great outfit to deal with. They have excellent customer service and knowledgeable phone reps.

#16 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:53 AM

Thanks for the link Chef! Pretty good deals on everything there. I like the drop in drip trays, I am building a new setup with a chest freezer that will have a 4 faucet pass-thru tower and I was going to need a new drip pan, those are perfect!

#17 Doc

Doc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

I'm really keen on the "creamer faucet".Has anyone got one of these new ones and can provide some feedback on it ?Doc

#18 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:49 PM

This sounds pretty sweet. When I set up my kegerator I drilled holes in the collar anticipating a 5th tap. It just doesn't look right - symmetry deal - screws up your inner ear and you can't walk right after looking at it. Gotta get one I guess.

#19 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:50 AM

This looks awesome! My faucet sucks and I get paid on Friday!Imma buy this faucet Friday.Thanks for the heads up!!BrewBasser

#20 Doc

Doc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:08 PM

Looks like a few of you guys have jumped on these beauties. Does anyone have any feedback of these tap in use at home ?TIA,Doc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users