#1 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:48 PM

Set up tonight for an after work brew tomorrow. APA again since a lot of people have hit the taps here lately, need to restock......Mostly 2-row, some Munich, a little Aromatic and a touch of Special B. FWH with Amarillo/Simcoe and post flameout with a healthy hit of Amarillo. 1272, 1.055 and pushing 60 IBUs.

#2 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

Brewing up a wet hopped beer on Sunday. I'm going to be using ALL the hops I got this year...about 5 oz.It's gonna be a Munich and Chinook SMaSH!

#3 beach

beach

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1160 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

Doing 11 gallons of my version of gumballhead on Saturday. 50% wheat, 48% Pale Ale, 2% CaraVienne, a touch of Cent's and the rest Amarillo. WLP001, 1.060, 35 IBU'sBeach Posted Image

#4 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

I'm bottling an American Wheat tomorrow night and am brewing Ken Lenards Prague Pilsner on Friday night. Just got the starter going an hour ago.

#5 VolFan

VolFan

Comptroller of teh spr0ts

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13072 posts
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:58 AM

No brewing but I have a Bo Pils currently rocking away right now. We are having our local brew fest this Saturday. Luckily the heat & humidity has broke so it shouldn't be too hot.

#6 ChicagoWaterGuy

ChicagoWaterGuy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3234 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:49 AM

I brewed a berliner weisse and an ESB monday night. I'd like to get in a wit and gumball head clone tonight or tomorrow.

#7 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54221 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:04 AM

Started my mash for Spiced Pumpkin Ale at 7am this morning. Hoping to have it ready for mid-October drinking. Cheers.

#8 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10748 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:20 AM

APA tomorrow afternoon if I can get off work early. I really need to start building an inventory again.

#9 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:12 AM

I've got the usual metric crap ton of things to get done around the house but I really want to get a brew in friday since I've got the day off. Here is my list, I might be able to pick 2 and get them done if all goes well:Pumpkin beer: You all have convinced me I need to do this. I might make this into a winter warmer to boothouse brown: an easy fall session beerFlanders something: I've got a flanders goo pile that needs some wort to gnaw onImpy stout: Winters a commin and I want to be readyAPA: Between what is listed above and the fact that all I have on tap now is IPA's and sours I need something to cleanse the palate between pints :)Now we will just have to see how many beers I can brew in a weekend.

#10 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:34 AM

Brewing pumpkin ale on Monday!

#11 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:40 AM

Started my mash for Spiced Pumpkin Ale at 7am this morning. Hoping to have it ready for mid-October drinking. Cheers.

Pumpkin beer: You all have convinced me I need to do this. I might make this into a winter warmer to boot

Brewing pumpkin ale on Monday!

Clearly pumpkin beer brewing is contagious! I think this would be a really fun style to do a brew exchange with. Any interest?

#12 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:03 AM

I didn't get the Hop Hammer made last weekend so hopefully I'm going to get that done this weekend. I'll drop it on the yeast from the Scarlet Pumpernickel that I made a few weeks ago.

#13 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:17 AM

Clearly pumpkin beer brewing is contagious! I think this would be a really fun style to do a brew exchange with. Any interest?

If I wasn't brewing a lager this weekend... I'd be tempted!

#14 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:58 AM

Still getting settled into the new house. I have so much to do to get the brewing operations back up and running that it makes me :smilielol: , :smilielol: , :smilielol: , and definitely :) all at the same time.

#15 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:09 PM

Made a Big brown Ale today,OG ended up at 1.070/target was 1.066 so i did good. And fermentor is already kicking nicely.Maybe one more this weekend if i can decide on what style. ;)

#16 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:22 PM

No brewing for me this weekend. I am heading over to Winston Salem NC area (Clemmons NC) for the Great NC Beer Festival Great NC Beer Festival This is slated to be a pretty big festival with many microbreweries and homebrewers alike. I am signed up to serve with my friend/colleague and we are pouring 3 beers on Saturday. American Pale Ale, Belgian Tripel and an India Black Ale all brewed by myself. This is the first year for the festival but I think it will be awesome. We have a great location a tent that is right near the entrance of the fest. We are pouring beers under my homebrewery name of Midnight Marlin Brewery. Logo and all is on the Festival site as well. Really looking forward to it. Progressing to the next level. I will be brewing next weekend though. Cheers guys!!We are pouring 30 gallons of beer ;)

#17 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:27 PM

Sunday and Monday off...count me in for the pumpkin on Monday...I didn't get it going til mid September last year so at least now I will have it by October...Haven't brewed since the end of June...wow the longest I have gone in a long long time. I switched out the 2 row for Maris Otter in this batch see if I can get higher than a 3rd this year.

#18 ChicagoWaterGuy

ChicagoWaterGuy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3234 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:33 PM

I just pitched to a freezer cleaner IPA and am starting the boil for a belgian wit. I may sneak in another brew on Sunday if the wife doesn't kill me.

#19 TheOtherNate

TheOtherNate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationHaymarket, VA

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:17 AM

I'm 10 minutes into the boil of an extract Octoberfest... first time brewing in one year, first time brewing in Virginia, first time brewing an Octoberfest...Pretty much a virgin brew all around. :blush:I forgot how good it feels.p.s. What's better is that SWMBO contracted me for 3 batches for our new house warming party in a couple of months.

#20 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:41 AM

Making some Peach Mead tomorrow, and probably what will be a Wit-spiced mead, as well (Orange, toasted coriander, ginger and chamomile).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users