Photo
- - - - -

With whom to you usuallly brew

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is on your brew day team? (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Choose what you do most often

1. Me, myself, and IPA (50 votes [69.44%])

Percentage of vote: 69.44%

2. Brewing assistant/buddy (13 votes [18.06%])

Percentage of vote: 18.06%

3. SWMBO/family (9 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Group/club (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 MAZ

MAZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:25 PM

Probably 60-75% solo. For more complicated brews, I actually prefer it this way. When the neighbors or occasional brew buddies are over, I tend to "over sample" the brews and will forget something (Whirlfloc, etc...). It is nice to have someone help with clean up though.

#42 CarlosM

CarlosM

SeƱor Joykill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:25 PM

I fly solo. My laptop and netflix.

#43 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:30 PM

I was going to vote for "I brew with no pants on" but for some reason that option didnt show up. Probably my browser is broken or something. So I voted for me/myself/irene.I've brewed with a coworker before. He ended up stepping on my SS braid and denting it. At the end he said that he didnt realize it was "so much work" to make beer. I dont think I inspired a new homebrewer that day.I've also brewed with another brewer on a couple occasions, which was fun. We each made our own batches. It's always good to see another's process and see what can be done differently.

#44 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:31 PM

I fly solo. My laptop and netflix.

Make that comment in the PH and see what replies you get. :rolf:

#45 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:30 AM

Sorry gang, I had to do this:I brew alone, yeah, with nobody else.I brew alone, yeah, with nobody else.Yeah, you know when I brew alone, I prefer brew by myself.Now, every morning, just before breakfast,I don't want no coffee or tea.Just me and some good White Labs.That's all I ever need.Cause I brew alone, yeah, with nobody else.I brew alone, yeah, with nobody else.Yeah, you know when I brew alone, I prefer to brew by myself.Now, the other night I lay sleeping,And I woke from a terrible dream.So I weighed out my pale malt,And his partner Melodin.And we brewed alone, yeah, with nobody else.We brew alone, yeah, with nobody else.Yeah, you know when I brew alone, I prefer to brew by myself.Well, the other night I got invited to a party,But I stayed home instead.Just me and my pal Marris Otter,And his brothers Pearl and Paul's.And we brewed alone, yeah, with nobody else.We brewed alone, yeah, with nobody else.Yeah, you know when I brew alone, I prefer to brew by myself.Well, my whole family done give up on me,And it makes me feel so bad.And no one will brew beer with meI need another new mash pad.And we brew alone, yeah, with nobody else.We brew alone, yeah, with nobody else.Yeah, you know when I brew alone, I prefer to brew by myself.OK, I feel better now, that's out of my system.Catharsis is good for the soul...The liver is another item altogether. :)

#46 DownEastBrewer

DownEastBrewer

Comptroller of Being an Ass Hats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3500 posts
  • LocationUpper Righthand Corner, USA

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:39 AM

I say it's about 1/2 and 1/2. I either brew alone, or sometimes DownEastBrewer comes over. MB

yep.. While it's nice to brew alone and relax, it's also nice to brew with someone who can help rinse the mash tun, check temps, etc.Plus Mainely's IIPA is worth the trip. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users